Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New Deal outline now emailed to Legacy Trust Members

178101213

Comments

  • That will always happen @ValleyWanderer. As you know, it happened with the second and third incarnations of the 500 Club for example. The difference here is that diminishing returns should not be quite as dramatic because (a) no money is involved and (b) there is a finite period for people to ponder their decision. But that is still a worrying deceleration.

    I am now regretting my cheery quip at 1.23pm. I am concerned that there just could be someone (maybe more than one) who would take it seriously and probably few will realise that my Americanisation of the Caledonian Suite was a nod in the direction of the Couhig effect.

    On the question of the legitimacy of people being contacted (by telephone or email) to remind them that they had not yet cast their vote I had in mind just that. It would require careful handling and obviously wouldn’t be appropriate until a few days before the closing date. I received a call myself a few days before the meeting from someone called Bob Massie asking me if I’d received a particular email. He said he was doing the 500s and 600s and was well into the 600s. Not quite sure what that meant but I was happy to answer his question. Voting intentions were not mentioned.

    Finally, I discovered after writing down the two unique numbers in the course of voting this morning that, as @arnos_grove has already pointed out (and @TheChair on the phone to me yesterday), the numbers are superfluous.

  • I agree @blue67. my concerns with the Couhigs have never been that they're in it to shaft us and make a quick buck, but that they underestimate the size (and cost) of the task they've set themselves.

  • according to WWFC twitter from 15:33
    "the turnout in the Legacy Members vote currently stands at 72%, after less than 48 hours of voting"

  • The turnout in the Legacy Members vote currently stands at 72%, after less than 48 hours of voting. https://t.co/uu7auZfhGo

    — Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) October 17, 2019
  • Well that’s a marked improvement.

  • @micra said: I received a call myself a few days before the meeting from someone called Bob Massie asking me if I’d received a particular email.

    Bob Massie is one of the Trust directors. I believe they were all involved in the process of scouring through the data base of the Trust in order to ensure that they had everything as accurately recorded as possible. I imagine, if there are 893 members, that Bob was involved with the task of checking those individuals numbered 500 to 699 on the list.

    I think it has been raised earlier in the thread but does anyone know if it might be possible to vote in person in the Vere Suite on Saturday?

  • @Cyclops said:

    @micra said: I received a call myself a few days before the meeting from someone called Bob Massie asking me if I’d received a particular email.

    Bob Massie is one of the Trust directors. I believe they were all involved in the process of scouring through the data base of the Trust in order to ensure that they had everything as accurately recorded as possible. I imagine, if there are 893 members, that Bob was involved with the task of checking those individuals numbered 500 to 699 on the list.

    I think it has been raised earlier in the thread but does anyone know if it might be possible to vote in person in the Vere Suite on Saturday?

    There will not be a voting booth in the Caledonian Suite on Saturday. The best way to vote is to click on the unique link in the email sent to you personally from CES.

    On Saturday (from 12 noon to 2.30pm) you will have the opportunity to read the Investment Agreement document. It is likely that space will be made available for doing this in the room off the Caledonian Suite, through the crash doors into what used to be the matchday creche.

    Happy to provide any further help on the voting process or the deal itself as required.

  • @Cyclops said:
    I think it has been raised earlier in the thread but does anyone know if it might be possible to vote in person in the Vere Suite on Saturday?

    Angling to get your photo in the BFP exercising your democratic right to vote!!

  • Thanks @Cyclops for clarifying the background to the call from Bob Massie. It was all very short and to the point but hardly surprising when he’s trying to contact so many people, especially someone as verbose as me.

    If there are similar plans to give a gentle nudge to LMs who haven’t voted by, say, 25 October, there could well be fewer than 100 to contact.

  • Some excellent posts in here, voting numbers are encouraging, I suspect there'll be another jump after Saturday which will hopefully get us over the line.

  • Excellent turnout so far, reaffirming my belief we have the right set of supporters entrusted in making this big decision.

  • i’ll add myself to the list of people yet to vote but definitely planning to do so (basically finding head space and a reliable WiFi connection. To reassure @Swiss_Exile some of us not there or online live 100s of miles away, spend 4 hours on trains, have interests and concerns outside of football and don’t get home until 2200. It’s not being apathetic!!).

    This does feel very different to last time. I think the part that most impressed me (if I understand it right) relates to our (part) ownership and responsibility. It’s basically saying to us supporters, okay, you want to own your football club? Well it’s a bleedin’ costly business whichever way you lol at it. Stop being so passive and do something about it, or just step back.

    Hard for me to disagree with this. I think if the vote does go through we need to seriously look at how we run the Trust. (That should cheer that nice @NiceCarrots fellow(?) up).

  • When you say β€œover the line” @Username I take it you’re not referring to the proposal having received 75% or more votes (ie 670 or more of the 893 Legacy Members) in favour. We won’t know the respective percentages of course at that stage. CES will but I’m not sure that they would declare the result before all have voted or 29 October, whichever is sooner.

  • Thanks @chairboyscentral. A very swift response!

  • @mooneyman said:

    @Cyclops said:
    I think it has been raised earlier in the thread but does anyone know if it might be possible to vote in person in the Vere Suite on Saturday?

    Angling to get your photo in the BFP exercising your democratic right to vote!!

    No, mooneyman, I'm just old fashioned and would really prefer to draw an "X" in a box with a real pencil and real paper. Cyber space gives me the creeps.

  • In General Elections, Council Elections, Referendums, etc I have a 100% failure rate (I’m genuinely not kidding). I may hold off voting in the hope that they are in a position to announce before the vote officially closes.

  • @bookertease said:
    In General Elections, Council Elections, Referendums, etc I have a 100% failure rate (I’m genuinely not kidding). I may hold off voting in the hope that they are in a position to announce before the vote officially closes.

    The best solution to that is to move up north. My vote is now always for the winning candidate.

  • It'll be great to find out early if we can etc.

    But if that legal advice is costly shouldn't we just wait the 12 days instead?!

  • First time poster, long time reader of Gasroom threads. I've enjoyed many an hour of entertainment reading the latest posts whilst enduring commutes to various locations for work.

    Can I clarify what the voting process is for those without registered email addresses please? I had (wrongly) assumed that legacy members could vote in person at the game.

  • @Chris Nope that doesn’t work for me either. (Currently live in the People’s Republic of South Yorkshire).

  • @BlueSky said:
    First time poster, long time reader of Gasroom threads. I've enjoyed many an hour of entertainment reading the latest posts whilst enduring commutes to various locations for work.

    Can I clarify what the voting process is for those without registered email addresses please? I had (wrongly) assumed that legacy members could vote in person at the game.

    @AlanCecil Could you advise @BlueSky please?

  • 72% turnout in two days. Hell of an effort by us old dinosaurs

  • @Chris didn’t work for me either. Currently have the beer-gutted farmer and Tory chief whip Mark Spencer as my MP.

  • @BlueSky said:
    First time poster, long time reader of Gasroom threads. I've enjoyed many an hour of entertainment reading the latest posts whilst enduring commutes to various locations for work.

    Can I clarify what the voting process is for those without registered email addresses please? I had (wrongly) assumed that legacy members could vote in person at the game.

    Those Legacy Members of the Trust who don't have an email address (or who don't share one with their partner/spouse) - and there are about 40 of them - should receive a postal vote in the next day or two to complete and return by post.

  • Over 80% now voted. Must be getting pretty close to the magic 75% yes.

  • 80% of votes cast that’s a good showing but I’d like us to get as near as possible to the full turnout.

  • I am guessing no postal votes are in as they haven't been received yet so that us about another 5%.
    I've still not made my vote but did get my first chase up email last night from the body running the vote.
    Anything less than a 100% turnout would be dissapointing wouldn't it?

Sign In or Register to comment.