Skip to content

Disaster Scenario: Who to replace Ainsworth?

124»

Comments

• edited October 2019

We can't really conclude anything from the odds, as much as we'd probably like to.

• Just to remind me, and apologies for not knowing/looking into it....

The meeting is Tuesday, when is the vote? I know it ranges for a week, is it straight after the Tue meet?

• edited October 2019

@Malone The vote runs for a fortnight between 15th and 29th Oct.

Legacy members are also supposed to see details of the proposal in advance of Tuesday's meeting - so they're cutting it a bit fine.

• I'm sure the Trust Board are in shock with all this GA speculation and are very worried on how to proceed to best intent and result.

• @Vital said:
    @Malone The vote runs for a fortnight between 15th and 29th Oct.

Legacy members are also supposed to see details of the proposal in advance of Tuesday's meeting - so they're cutting it a bit fine.

Ah, so there's absolutely no chance the Sunderland decision can be stalled until we get our vote then!

Making it a very awkward bit of timing for everyone involved!

• what if more than 75% of legacy voters turn up on Tuesday and press the yes button on the day having seen the presentation and browsed through the
    salient points in the document. it's an electronic vote so would get a result by Wednesday if over 75%. Then Ainsworth has to choose. New investment for wycombe ...new contract offer from wycombe... we will do what Coventry did and up his contract etc. He has to decide to leave and up root his family to North East...his kids in school and leave their long term friends here etc or live in a hotel for a year or so till this get settled Sunderland...they haven't got new investment yet. For a family man life is about quality of life too not just the wage. What about an unfullfilled ambition to take Wycombe from bottom of league 2 to the Championship? Also living in a hotel all season didnt seem to make Mourinho happy at ManU....Then if Sunderland don't get new investment from Dell etc he is back to managing on a shoestring vs Wycombe with new vibrant owners, loyal supporters and an investment plan and also pushing for Championship this season and beyond...

• Fair points.

But I think people over play the "Hotel" thing with Mourinho.
    It was a luxury suite at the Lowry - ie better than most people's houses! It wasn't a squalid room above the Dog n Bollocks pub in Hackney.

• I think if Ainsworth was away most of the week all season from the kids he would be miserable even if staying at Ritz...would he want to take kids out of school...what does his wife think about Sunderland etc

• @Malone said:
    Fair points.

But I think people over play the "Hotel" thing with Mourinho.
    It was a luxury suite at the Lowry - ie better than most people's houses! It wasn't a squalid room above the Dog n Bollocks pub in Hackney.

What’s wrong with the Dog n Bollocks pub in Hackney. Sure I’ve been pissed there in the past!??

• @micra said:
    Neil Harris?? You have to be joking. At least my reference to Gary Holt was tongue planted firmly in cheek (although I confess that I was unaware, or had forgotten, the circumstances in which he left). Totally agree with @chairboyscentral and @BuckinghamBlue although the latter rather spoilt it by joining in the “destabilising” (?) speculation!

@micra in my defence it was twenty past one this morning.

• I always wonder why managers who have had the sack from previous jobs are always recirculated and put forward as suitable. There must be many players coming to the end of their career who would like the opportunity and might well apply if a vacancy should arise. Let's see what happens.