Skip to content

Matt Ingram

Comments

• Indeed, i think that Paul Hyde is coming home

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    NewburyWanderer as far as I can remember, we'd only be able to sign an 'unemployed' player at this stage. A player is only 'unemployed' if:

(a) has not at any time been registered with:
    (i) a Member Club;
    (ii) a club that is participating in The Football Conference (National Division) or The Premier League; and/or
    (iii) any other association football club in a country other than England, or
    (b) if he has been registered with any of the clubs listed in paragraph (a) above, his registration has expired or was cancelled at any time prior to the end of a Transfer Window and he has not since been registered with any such club.

I'm not sure I've interpreted this correctly, would it be correct if Nick Pope and/or Matt Duke have had their registrations cancelled by Bury/Northampton, we could technically sign them before 12pm on Saturday afternoon and play them later that evening against Plymouth at Home Park?

I don't think we would be able to sign them. Point b) suggests that 'free agents' may only be signed if their previous contracts were terminated prior to the current transfer window closing.

If I'm right and if Duke/Pope only had their contracts cancelled in recent weeks then I don't think we can sign them.

When did the transfer window close?

• We can't register any new players with the football league at this point in the season, so we can't sign anyone who would be able to play in the play-offs.

The exception being the emergency loan goalkeeper rules, which are in place to prevent a side who have all their goalkeepers injured and/or suspended from having to field an outfield player in goal. We are not in this situation.

We will be playing Ingram or Lynch in goal on Saturday.

• @Chris said:
    We can't register any new players with the football league at this point in the season, so we can't sign anyone who would be able to play in the play-offs.

The exception being the emergency loan goalkeeper rules, which are in place to prevent a side who have all their goalkeepers injured and/or suspended from having to field an outfield player in goal. We are not in this situation.

We will be playing Ingram or Lynch in goal on Saturday.

Do a Villa, just score more at the other end.

• the transfer window doesn't open until the end of June, his contract won't have been cancelled early as he is entitled to pay up until 30th June.
    The only player we can sign is a emergency 7 day loan of a goalkeeper nobody else.

• But we can't and won't because we have 3 fit, registered professional goalkeepers who are on our books in case we have an injury to our first choice goalkeeper

• @blueh_w said:
    the transfer window doesn't open until the end of June, his contract won't have been cancelled early as he is entitled to pay up until 30th June.
    The only player we can sign is a emergency 7 day loan of a goalkeeper nobody else.

Believe it when I see it "7 Day emergency keeper", can't see how we find a decent keeper who is a free agent who has had game time any better ( if decent would be signed up surely? ) than Lynch who at least trains with Ingram and squad.

This ofc is if Ingram is strong enough to stand on his right leg when clearing with his left and ofc, jumping and landing. Nah to risky for me.

• @Ciderk1d Might be a bit of Kidology here as well. His leg may well be fine, knee I suspect. I have a feeling we will be seeing him.

• Regardless of any insider knowledge there may be, I think you have to give Lynchy a chance. This is a chance for him to shine & if it doesn't pay off we've only got ourselves to blame for not having more experienced cover.

• Suspect this guy might be available

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32607045

• Just read on Twitter that Ingram has been training this week according to getbucks.

• My sources tell me Ingram plays. People will look back on this day as the day we won the play-offs

• I suspect he will be there. Someone drive past the training ground and see if he is there

• @PatMacGroin said:
    I suspect he will be there. Someone drive past the training ground and see if he is there

As well as hang around and take some Ingram pics, no pics, it never happened?

• Don't get what your saying

• @PatMacGroin said:
    Don't get what your saying

Pics of Ingram running through his keeper training drills, or better still, ask Woody for VidCam.

• ingram who

• Fingers crossed

• @argylephil, that's because your on the wrong forum dude.

• green armyyyyyyy

• edited May 2015

Today is the day! Think you'll find its blue on here mate. Hop
    along now to the green room.

• we will see wont we

• shame is there wont be much blue here you can get your taxi back after match up north

• @argylephil said:
    we will see wont we

• edited May 2015

Yawn!

• you no nothing john snow

• Jon Snow

• yes and him lol

• can somebody get rid of this prick !!