Skip to content

Matt Ingram

Does anyone have any new about his injury? Was he at the end of season meal? Was there any mention of his chances of being fit? Do the terms of Charlie Horlock loan deal prohbit us from playing him? Can we get a loan keeper in? From the discussion below it looks like its a grey area. Would be a massive challenge for Alex Lynch to come in when presumably he has had no match experience this year not even reserve games.

Comments

• We will be allowed to sign a goalkeeper on loan should Matt be unfit which at the moment looks the case.
    Don't worry about what Chris has said, the word professional is quite ambiguous for this very reason.

• I'd be happy if you were right. But 'professional' doesn't seem at all ambiguous to me.

And I'd be furious if I were a Plymouth fan and we were allowed an emergency loan signing. One goalkeeper being injured isn't the circumstances that the emergency loan rules are designed to cover.

• edited May 2015

you need abit more experience than 14 minutes of football to make you a professional. he has played southern league premier and was absolutely hopeless, lets not forget our whole season is riding on this and the football league will only be too aware .... I would rather Ingram played with a knock or Richardson plays if you were correct.

• Lynch has signed a professional contract; he is a professional no matter how much he has played.

We chose to only employ one goalkeeper with league experience, which has worked out well all season up to this point. But the downside is that this situation might occur. It isn't up to the Football League to twist the rules no matter if our whole season is riding on this. Plymouth's whole season is riding on it too.

Lynch did, I believe, play a full season at Stamford where he is very well thought of, and he has international U19 experience. So all is not lost if he is required. I'd rather not play Ingram unless he can run and jump, and Richardson has played 2 games since 2003.

• I honestly honestly don't think we will be getting a loan keeper.

• Nick Pope will sign on a 7day loan from Charlton on Thursday if Matt isn't fit. You heard it here first.

• I am sorry but I totally agree with @blueh_w on this one. Its a no brainer. Lynch and Horlock are miles away from first team football. If Ingram is fit fine, but I think we risk everything if we don't get an experienced FL keeper in. Especially watching the Northampton 2nd goal!

• Nick Pope has played his part in Bury getting promoted and now hopefully will help us to do the same if needed. Believe he has cancelled his holiday to do so.

• Really??? But he has just played 20 games for Bury?? Debut was against us? Seems highly unlikely that one

• we were only allowed to sign a goalkeeper of a similar standard to Ingram and he is available and fit to play ....... he comes from a non league background but has not far off as much experience as Matt does in the FL.

• Anything is possible but it does seem strange if something like this is allowed by the FL.

• Do I sense a Bristol Rovers situation developing? But surely the Football league would never sanction such an arrangement. And since when have they had a goalkeeping talent assessment panel?

• 53.3 Emergency and Youth Loans. Subject to the provisions of Regulation 52.2, Emergency Loan and Youth Loan transfers shall only be approved in accordance with the following provisions:

53.3.1 Notwithstanding the definition of Parent Club, Emergency and Youth Loans may only be concluded with clubs affiliated (directly or through County Football Associations) to the Football Association unless any club not so affiliated plays in any of the competitions set out in Regulation 53.2.1.

53.3.2 Emergency and Youth Loans are permitted both during the Transfer Windows and, subject to the provisions of Regulation 53.3.4, also during a Closed Period between Clubs (or, as applicable, clubs) in membership of The Football League, The Premier League and The Football Conference (Premier Division).

53.3.3 During the Transfer Windows, Emergency Loans and Youth Loans are also permitted between Clubs and, as applicable, clubs in membership of the Football Conference (North), Football Conference (South), Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League and Southern League providing the rules and regulations of the respective league so allow. Any Emergency Loan concluded in accordance with this Regulation may be renewed during a Closed Period provided the renewal is simultaneous with the expiry of the immediately preceding period of the Emergency Loan.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#IUVqoJtEIcweXJCk.99

• @MG3 - also relevant is Article 54 of the same section:

54 Emergency Loan of Goalkeepers

54.1 If all the professional goalkeepers at a Club are either certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play or are suspended, a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulation 53.3.4), a further goalkeeper on a short term Emergency Loan in accordance with the following provisions:

54.1.1 the Executive shall allow a Club to sign such a goalkeeper for a period of 7 days (notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 53.3.9), inclusive of the starting date and finishing date;

54.1.2 any such short term Emergency Loan shall be subject to The League, in appropriate circumstances, having received (including by facsimile) the appropriate medical certificate(s) together with the appropriate form(s) for his registration not later than 3 hours prior to kick off and the Executive having confirmed that the circumstances conform to the provisions of this Regulation;

54.1.3 the period of any short term Emergency Loan of a goalkeeper may be renewed for 7 days at a time but further medical certification must be provided on each occasion;

54.1.4 any short term Emergency Loan in respect of the same goalkeeper may not exceed 93 days during any Season; and

54.1.5 the provisions of Regulation 52.2.2 shall not apply to the Emergency Loan of a goalkeeper.

• But 54.1 rules out our situation right away doesn't it? We have three, fit, professional goalkeepers at the moment. lack of experience doesn't constitute an emergency here.

• So much drama. Still can't get my head around the Lynch is not a professional, in the eyes off Professional experience, because we choose not to play him, as we got no U21 or reserve team, surely you sow what you reap?

Sorry I don't buy it, and as much as fans have their opinions on Lynch's talent, I would play Lynch regardless. This is his chance to shine.

This "borrow-a-team" is going to stain our club imo. Plymouth will go ballistic and the press will have a feeding frenzy.

• But saying that why does Horlock not show as squad player?
    http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

• lets wait and see and hope Matt is fit to play shall we.

• Anyway Watch "Wycombe Wanderers 2014/15 Season Highlights" on YouTube - Very nice track "Remember me", something inspiring to get the blood pumping.l

• Would still be amazed but pleasantly surprised if a loan was allowed.

In any case this Bury keeper has been their fans' scapegoat for most of their losses since Christmas (along with their 'shit' manager of course)

• That's odd. Didn't they come through well and get promotion?

• You would think so!

• Flitcroft is a self obsessed twat I think thats the issue.

• Matt Duke released by Cobblers today. Would the rules cover the possibility of us signing him?
    Also O'Tool and Hack It transfer listed, even though they're still under contract.

• I'm sorry but we need to be sensible and realistic. We have 4 (or 3) registered GKs. 1 of those is (or may be) injured. Which leaves us with 3 (or 2) GKs to choose from. Asking for an emergency loan is clutching at straws at best. Yes it's unlucky if Ingram is out but we have to trust in who we've got (and be thankful we're playing a football team rather than Stevenage who really would put a rookie under a lot of pressure)

• edited May 2015

@NewburyWanderer as far as I can remember, we'd only be able to sign an 'unemployed' player at this stage. A player is only 'unemployed' if:

(a) has not at any time been registered with:
    (i) a Member Club;
    (ii) a club that is participating in The Football Conference (National Division) or The Premier League; and/or
    (iii) any other association football club in a country other than England, or
    (b) if he has been registered with any of the clubs listed in paragraph (a) above, his registration has expired or was cancelled at any time prior to the end of a Transfer Window and he has not since been registered with any such club.

I'm not sure I've interpreted this correctly, would it be correct if Nick Pope and/or Matt Duke have had their registrations cancelled by Bury/Northampton, we could technically sign them before 12pm on Saturday afternoon and play them later that evening against Plymouth at Home Park?

• Matt Duke has a contract that will run until 30th June.
    We would only be able to sign a player on Emergency Loan with permission of the Football League Board which I understand will be given once the documentation of the injury to Matt Ingram is received by the Football League tomorrow.

• This isn't about loans, this is about registering an 'unemployed' player outside of the transfer window. If @NewburyWanderer is correct, Matt Duke's contract has been terminated early and could, if my interpretation is correct, be signed rather than loaned.

• If we are fortunate to get a emergency keeper, I guess he will relish playing in the playoffs as a opportunity to show his worth to future Club.