Skip to content

Match day thread: Rochdale

1235»

Comments

• edited September 2019

That's Allsop - who wasn't really tested - Phillips and Fred in teams of the week now then, but I'm yet to see Thompson in one.

• @rmjlondon said:
    I see the great man had to adjust tactics within 5 mins, which meant Gilles Phillips playing left back so there we are ....... he got it wrong but luckily it seems got away with it .... lets hope his tactics can keep Eisa, Toney and Maddison out !!

If you listened to player interviews afterwards you'd know that he put out a line up that would allow him to make that adjustment without making any subs depending on how Rochdale line up. He got it very right. Almost as right as you were wrong. Maybe stick to the made up transfer rumours from now on Richie, you might actually guess one correctly at some point but there's evidently no way you'll ever get anything right on tactics as long as you've got a hole in your arse.

• It's obvious other teams are trying to win by scoring goals and will also try to stop us scoring goals. If GA does not sort this out to stop the first thing and make sure we do the second thing...he should be sacked. There is no room for sentiment here.

• edited September 2019

Phillips was brilliant in a position he's never played before - at least not at this level. He can genuinely do a job right across the back line, as Sido probably could too. He played two positions (CB and LB), as did Grimmer (RWB and RB) and Kashket (RW and ST); Fred (LWB, LW and LM) and Wheeler (RWB, RW and RM) played three each. And I don't think any of them looked out of place, other than Wheeler maybe seeing less of it in that slightly deeper role. Parker can also play centrally or wide and I'd say Mascoll is capable of playing LWB. Kashket and Smyth can both play wide or centrally, system depending. I've probably missed others. We are just so versatile.

• @Wendoverman said:
    It's obvious other teams are trying to win by scoring goals and will also try to stop us scoring goals. If GA does not sort this out to stop the first thing and make sure we do the second thing...he should be sacked. There is no room for sentiment here.

HE NEEDS TO GET A GRIP

• @rmjlondon said:
    I see the great man had to adjust tactics within 5 mins, which meant Gilles Phillips playing left back so there we are ....... he got it wrong but luckily it seems got away with it .... lets hope his tactics can keep Eisa, Toney and Maddison out !!

Go on Richie, amaze us as to why he changed tactics then. Alternatively, what was their tactics that forced us to change ours?

• he started with a back 3 and changed to a back 4 meaning Giles Phillips had to play out of postion due to rochdale overrunning us in midfield

• @rmjlondon said:
    he started with a back 3 and changed to a back 4 meaning Giles Phillips had to play out of postion due to rochdale overrunning us in midfield

The punches are getting a bit wild now. Ainsworth gave a really good explanation of his decisions. You call him out on it.
    You're not Marlowchair are you?

• Over running us in midfield? I don't think so! Ainsworth changed it after literally 2 mins, you could see him shouting across to get the message to Grimmer to play as a traditional RB rather than RWB.

Glad he did since it allowed Fred more freedom in the final 3rd rather than concentrating on defensive duties as he would have to as a wing back. Their RB Keohane must still be having nightmares of Fred going past him at will all game.

• I assume when Dobbo is looking down he is getting richie's tactical texts and passing them on to GA.

• It must only be a matter of weeks before Richie gets the next managerial vacancy in the premier league.

Inspired stuff from our resident mouth breathing glue eater.

• Fcuk Off ?

• @rmjlondon said:
    he started with a back 3 and changed to a back 4 meaning Giles Phillips had to play out of postion due to rochdale overrunning us in midfield

Nope, must try harder. Want another go Jose?

• Lets meet on Saturday and I will give you Jose

• You have Jose? No way.

• Is this the wrestling thread?

• edited September 2019

No, it's "is Richie a better tactician than Gareth", thread.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Lets meet on Saturday and I will give you Jose

Please, elaborate. Never been one for blind dates.

• Can I have Jose too please?

• Someone's on the spectrum........

• I'm not sure why Richie wastes his time on Wycombe a team he seems to loathe when there are other league One, championship and even premier league teams he could support. Watford and luton probably need his advice more than we do at the present.

• Gaz must feel he needs Richie's tactical advice (so he can do the opposite).

• I know Matt Cecil reported a bomb threat received after the 'We're better than Man U' tweet, was it real but sent to the wrong club?:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-49908578