Skip to content

Match day thread: Rochdale

Comments

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Those goals (or at least the attempts at defending for them) look slightly awful on the web clips, I hope we won against the run of play as some have suggested, if only because we battered them away at the end of last season when we needed to win and ended up getting nothing against a team that were appalling.

Not at all. Against the stats but not the run of play - we were the better team by a mile. Like Lincoln, shows that continually passing about at the back gets you nowhere apart from top of meaningless stats charts

• I wonder if we have ever won by such a margin before whilst not forcing a single corner.

• It's a good wonder. I have noticed in recent times (no stats to hand) that barcelona often lose the corner count whilst dominating Xg and possesion.

• @LX1 said:
    Good to see Valley legend Beanhead make an appearance today. We always win when Beanhead is there.

Where is beanhead residing these days? Top man

• We weren't just launching long balls into bayo today. I thought we seemed to use the wings well and absorb the pressure comfortably. Seems Garreth {calling him Ainsworth seems very public school} is a tactical genius

• @Pogo Barnsley. And a Barnsley sth! Only came today because they are playing tomorrow

• I called him a traitor in just and he wandered off

• Possibly beacuse i meant jest

• absolutely incredible ‘defending’ for our goals.

• they were rubbish. should have won 6

• We're obviously only half way there then @LX1.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Just got home now. Great little day.

Without hoping to sound negative we won 3-0 without really breaking sweat. I've seen us play better in the past and lose so to win 3-0 and look very comfortable in doing so is a great sign.

Thought our 2 centre backs were very good today.

I personally can’t remember a time when we had such quality ball players. Thompson, Gape and Pattison where truly awesome yesterday. I also don’t remember us having a more devastatingly dangerous player than Fred. I’ve never seen a Wycombe player more at home when he is in the final third. How we got him beggars belief!!!

• I'm loving it at the moment, confident we can get something out of any team we play this season.

No ones mentioned the referee from yesterday, I thought he had a good game and also I was surprised how good the pitch was considering they had 2 pitch inspections.

Also my day was topped off yesterday when my daughter got a picture with Gareth just before kick off, we had tickets in the lounge but she wanted to sit with the Wycombe fans and near the drum, so we made our way across, She even had a little go of the drum at half time. Little things like that all added to a great away day.

• MISSING PLEASE HELP

Its been 21hours since @rmjlondon last made contact on the gasroom, his fellow posters are becoming increasingly concerned with his whereabouts... richie is known to post extremely negative posts on the eve of matches... Dick has also be known to upload posts with the pretense of having inside knowledge in the past which we now believe are desperate crys for acceptance..... Dick is also known to go by different aliases when he's been called out in the past...... richie is well known in the kenilworth road area of luton and we believe is a devout Christian whose first name could be Nathan. If anybody sees young Nathan please get in touch with the gasroom or alternatively luton town supporters association. Thank you for your time

• @bigred87 superb
    Looks like you’re over your recent issues good news ?

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Just got home now. Great little day.

Without hoping to sound negative we won 3-0 without really breaking sweat. I've seen us play better in the past and lose so to win 3-0 and look very comfortable in doing so is a great sign.

Thought our 2 centre backs were very good today.

Good to see you both today lad. Some name suggestions for next week..Alan, Howard, Martin, Adebayo, Matt..

• I wanted Sergio but she's having none of it...

• Brother for your littlun due @ryan_w_kirkby ? If so, hope all goes well. Gareth?

• Just watching that 3rd goal back again, that really is stunning play from their defender.

Watches it smash off his own crossbar, into his face, knocking him to the floor, giving Freddie a tap in. Hilarious stuff.

• If I've learned anything this weekend it's that a lot of Man Utd fans don't have a sense of humour.

• That was a good read.... says it all that the only Utd fans getting the hump were all the ones that live in Africa and Asia... pretty much most of the English ones were just putting their hands up and saying fair enough

• I see the great man had to adjust tactics within 5 mins, which meant Gilles Phillips playing left back so there we are ....... he got it wrong but luckily it seems got away with it .... lets hope his tactics can keep Eisa, Toney and Maddison out !!

• @rmjlondon said:
    I see the great man had to adjust tactics within 5 mins, which meant Gilles Phillips playing left back so there we are ....... he got it wrong but luckily it seems got away with it .... lets hope his tactics can keep Eisa, Toney and Maddison out !!

What a counter punch. Isn't that a good thing though?

• yes but he is overthinking things, its very obvious that Rochdale want to pass the ball and will give it to you at times and can be counter attacked which is what happened for at least 1 goals and various other chances.
    Bayo's goal was very poor defending and the 3rd is a case of top of league teams score that goal if we were battling at the bottom that wouldn't fall how it did.

• Brilliantly explained to us mere mortals Richie. How lucky we are to have you on board!

• Great to see Alsopp in the L1 team of the week! Not just Ritchie eating humbert pie then...

• More like humbug pie!??

• I've heard Mr Hindsight is in town. His prediction for every game is:

' As I told you all, GA got it all wrong/right *'

( *delete as applicable after game.)

Please only read this after 5pm and be assured whatever the result GA will always be wrong.

• Accidental 3-0 away wins are the worst Richie. Sort it out Ainsworth.