Skip to content

Fan Forum Reaction

Comments

• Still think he sounds like John McEnroe by the way

• @eric_plant said:
    Still think he sounds like John McEnroe by the way

....and what a great guy he turned out to be.?

• A no vote will do nothing to resist change in fact it’ll instigate it

• I am going to vote YES just because my dad isn't !!

• I’d genuinely like to know why anyone would want to vote no before any specific details have been revealed.

• Maybe because no specific details have been released?

• @glasshalffull said:
    I’d genuinely like to know why anyone would want to vote no before any specific details have been revealed.

TBF @glasshalffull, the same could be said for voting yes? The devil is in the detail as they say.

• @drcongo said:
    Maybe because no specific details have been released?

It was made perfectly clear at the forum last night that all details will be revealed at the appropriate time.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@glasshalffull said:
    I’d genuinely like to know why anyone would want to vote no before any specific details have been revealed.

TBF @glasshalffull, the same could be said for voting yes? The devil is in the detail as they say.

Absolutely, but I was responding to the post stating that someone was intending to vote no before the details have been revealed.

• FWIW @glasshalffull, if Rob Couhig can match Gareth Ainsworths' endeavour, energy & dedication on his side of the deal, we've nothing to lose & everything to gain IMHO.

• I’ve been very impressed with how Rob and co have gone about things so far, but I do agree with those who say we need more details before getting too excited.

• We all have a very difficult decision to make and whichever way we go will be a gamble.

Unless anything untoward is revealed when we receive more details of the offer, I will certainly be voting to accept the offer. For me, the key consideration is who has the better ability, commercial nous and professionalism to run our club.

Like many, I would prefer to stay supporter owned and believe it could still be possible with the right directors. However our current Board have given up the ghost and regrettably no other trust members have stepped up to the plate to replace them.

• Or others who are not currently Trust members for that matter @mooneyman but I very much agree with your second paragraph. We can’t really say how difficult the decision will be until we see full details of the agreement of course but I share @eric_plant’s confidence (and that of many others it seems) that there is a realistic chance of achieving the required number of ‘yes’ votes.

• @glasshalffull said:

I’d genuinely like to know why anyone would want to vote YES before any specific details have been revealed.

• @LordMandeville said:

@glasshalffull said:

I’d genuinely like to know why anyone would want to vote YES before any specific details have been revealed.

Healthy optimism and a reasonable interpretation of the competence of the Couhigs?

• @LordMandeville said:

@glasshalffull said:

If they trust Mr Stroud and his cohorts judgement that this is the only way forward.

Incidentally I don't, but I can't see how we can pay off the debt if we vote against. Either way we could end up like Bury in a few years as could most of the other league 1 and 2 teams.

• @LordMandeville said:

@glasshalffull said:

If you bothered to read the thread in full you’d see that I was responding to the poster who’d said that his dad was definitely going to vote no.

• @glasshalffull said:

@LordMandeville said:

@glasshalffull said:

If you bothered to read the thread in full you’d see that I was responding to the poster who’d said that his dad was definitely going to vote no.

That was possibly Richie @glasshalffull in which case I fear that you have taken too.much on face value.

• You may well be correct Wendoverman.

• I will also now be voting no due to missy coughig, she is an absolute pest !!

• If you bothered to read the thread in full you’d see that I was responding to the poster who’d said that his dad was definitely going to vote no.

That was possibly Richie @glasshalffull in which case I fear that you have taken too.much on face value.

Richie doesn't have a dad. He was a petri dish experiment that went wrong.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

Richie doesn't have a dad. He was a petri dish experiment that went wrong.

Too many expensive mistakes. That's why Luton Secret Government Laboratories were closed down. Damn the hole in the.perimeter fence...

• @rmjlondon said:
    I will also now be voting no due to missy coughig, she is an absolute pest !!

If you had a vote that would matter.

• In what way is she a pest?

• @Cyclops said:
    In what way is she a pest?

Probably told him his services were no longer required in the club shop?

• She get's involved at ground level and isn't afraid to voice her thoughts and ideas.

• @rmjlondon - come on tell us why she is a pest. Comes across as a nice lady who genuinely wants to get involved. Or is it another comment with no foundation.

• Why the heck would anyone give this guy a platform to further his silly comments?

You'll be asking why he thinks Bloomfield's not been a great servant, or why Bayo isn't strong enough next!

• edited September 2019

I misread that at first and thought she was coughing a lot - which would be quite annoying.