Skip to content

Samuel's contract

2»

Comments

• early goal at Burnley too.

• A few "non runners" come to mind.......Dean Morgan anyone?

• Im saying the giving of this player an extension like this is wreckless in the extreme when the club without the couhigs have no way of funding it.
    is all this designed to pressure us so much into voting to hand the club over ??

• We may be a sinking ship, but surely you mean reckless.

• Anyone else have a feeling of déjà vu?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hear hear @fame_46 albeit with slight concern about the durability and defence marshalling skills of the remaining central defenders, especially the latter quality.

• Rolando Arrons is not here for free matey !!!!

I understand his wages are around 15k a week of which I would think we would be paying a fair whack, lets remember that its Mike Ashley and he doesn't give money away !!!!

@fame_46 said:
    Maybe but we have just freed up CMS and AEA wages from the playing squad.

A slight hike for Freeman and Samuel, still probably saves money for the club in relation to what CMS and El Abd were earning. Also ties them down for longer period as the future of team and will be good for their morale moving forwards.

Seems like good business to me.

• @fame_46 said:
    Maybe but we have just freed up CMS and AEA wages from the playing squad.

A slight hike for Freeman and Samuel, still probably saves money for the club in relation to what CMS and El Abd were earning. Also ties them down for longer period as the future of team and will be good for their morale moving forwards.

Seems like good business to me.

Greater possibility of getting a future transfer fee as well, unlike CMS and El Abd.

• @rmjlondon said:

Rolando Arrons is not here for free matey !!!!

I understand his wages are around 15k a week of which I would think we would be paying a fair whack, lets remember that its Mike Ashley and he doesn't give money away !!!!

I've heard we've paid a loan fee of £500k and will be boosting his wages to £50k a week. How else do you think Wycombe Wanderers signed him matey?

• @YorkExile said:

@rmjlondon said:

I've heard we've paid a loan fee of £500k and will be boosting his wages to £50k a week. How else do you think Wycombe Wanderers signed him matey?

I doubt Mike Ashley knows who any of the players are or what the loan deals are. The club probably have to pretend they are on minimum wage, don't go to the toilet without permission and are searched as they leave in case they've nicked the training cones.

• @rmjlondon said:

Newcastle cut him from their Pl squad at the last minute, couldn't loan him to a championship side, and Aarons needed to be playing football.

We might have been one of a very few clubs in the ball, with an excellent record of developing youngsters. If Newcastle are thinking of selling him on, an impressive loan spell at a team on the up is exactly what they'd want.

• Please stop quoting Richie and his idiocy.

First of all it was CMS on 3k a week (utter baseless conjecture), and now we're "Paying a fair whack" of 15k a week.

We had Blackman a few seasons ago where we obviously DIDN'T pay a fair whack of his wage, so why not this time too?

• @Malone said:

...why not this time too?

That comment raised the following thought in my mind: if other clubs start to think we have a wealthy benefactor and are not poor, negative-budget, Trust-owned, desperate to stay afloat Wycombe any more, how much less willing will they be to loan players to us for a pittance or no money at all?

• We were paying 3k of fred’s wages last season

• @rmjlondon said:
    We were paying 3k of fred’s wages last season

Good value for half a season.

You just pluck figures out of the air.

• 3k a week u bell end !! everybody knows what his wages were and that was why we couldn't keep hold of him in January !!

• @rmjlondon said:
    3k a week u bell end !! everybody knows what his wages were and that was why we couldn't keep hold of him in January !!

I didn't know what his wages were. Why does everyone else get to know from the club and post them on social media and not me?

• Because you don't know the right people @Wendoverman! You need to join the inner circle like Richie.

• @rmjlondon said:
    3k a week u bell end !! everybody knows what his wages were and that was why we couldn't keep hold of him in January !!

The reason that Freddie went back to Millwall last season (as I understand it) was that they intended to buy a forward in the "January window", or whatever it is called, and that deal didn't come off. They therefore recalled him as cover. Nothing to do with wages.

• @rmjlondon said:

Just asked around the office and out of 8 people no-one knew Fred's weekly wage.

• edited September 2019

Yes, we're paying everyone 3k a week.

No wonder he doesn't believe Gareth's "low budget" talk!

• Meee 2, in not knowing Freds wages added to which I didn't know the salary of CMS. The list is growing Richie.