Skip to content

The Elephant in the Room?

Comments

• Mr. Davies departure was inevitable, two of the individuals who interviewed and recommended Mr. Davies were allegedly sacked themselves soon after.

Is their any slippage in what was going to happen to American Consortium No.1 charge against the stadium in relation to what we were initially told?

As it's almost September - months after the year end - have the Trust board even seen a budget for this season?

Who sits on the Group Finance Committee?

Why is this information so cloak and dagger in what was/is supposed to be a supporters trust owned club?

Shame Marlow Chair has hang up his/her boots because if people don't speak out the club could easily go the same way as Bury, Bolton etc.

Yeah, I'm a Wanderer.

• Why not put your questions to the relevant people at the relevant meetings? Who do you think is going to answer them on here?

• Maybe he's trying to encourage others who may not have thought of these things to be asking themselves these questions as well eh?

• Asking oneself a question usually provides the answer you were looking for in the first place.

• That’s a useful skill for pub quizzes.

• Bury bought promotion last season and we can see how that ended up.

We bought promotion the season before by spending £500,000 that we didn't have (in spite of the fact we were told that cash is predictable) and we had to abandon the supporters trust owned model as a result.

We are now told our plan is to get into the Championship so The New American Investors can flip their investment which is exactly the same plan as The Old American Investors.

No club in the Championship makes money. None.

Getting into the Championship would be financially ruinous for the club.

Look at what happened to Stockport, and of course Yeovil and Bury.

In a supporters trust owned club information should be disseminated to all Legacy members at the same time and not on a need-to-know basis to be decided by the very same people who have put the club at risk under their stewardship.

Transparency is the best disinfectant.

Yeah, I'm a Wanderer.

• Christ...we bought promotion last season? And if we do get promoted we are ****ed! This just gets worse and worse!

• @NiceCarrots said:
    Bury bought promotion last season and we can see how that ended up.

And Notts County bought relegation to the National League!

• Promotion!! Come on , let’s get realistic. We escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth last season. We’ve got a bit more money and have started well. A new owner is bound to say optimistic comments about promotion but we are a long way short both ability and cash . So I suggest don’t panic and enjoy mid table comfort.

• For what it’s worth, the Couhigs & Mark Palmer have spoken in terms of getting the right structure in place before thoughts turn to the prospect of another promotion. They referred in particular to the unpreparedness of Yeovil Town in that respect and I doubt whether they are even countenancing the possibility of that happening this season.

• @micra So if we somehow got to the play off final and the Couhig's didn't think we had the necessary structure in place, would we make sure we lost?

• Like we did vs Southend?

• Would have to @mooneyman. Sans doute.

• I think received knowledge at the time of the Wembley loss was that the club management (or at least some parties) felt that we weren’t ready for League 1.

• @micra said:
    I think received knowledge at the time of the Wembley loss was that the club management (or at least some parties) felt that we weren’t ready for League 1.

To be fair...we probably weren't! But we would have taken it...

• Imagine being the club official tasked with telling Gareth Ainsworth that actually we would like to lose the next game.

• Grudgingly I suppose and we’d probably have come straight back down again which always reminds me of the exchange between Alan Smith and Simon Garner when the former “reminded” the dressing room that “I took Palace up to the Premier League”. “Yeah, and took them straight back down again” was Simon’s swift retort, allegedly.

• You can’t > @Wendoverman said:

Christ...we bought promotion last season? And if we do get promoted we are ****ed! This just gets worse and worse!

Did we buy promotion?
    Is the real objective of this season to avoid falling into the championship by doing crazy sh.. like winning games ?

Yeah I’ve got an axe to grind

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    You can’t > @Wendoverman said:

Christ...we bought promotion last season? And if we do get promoted we are ****ed! This just gets worse and worse!

Did we buy promotion?
    Is the real objective of this season to avoid falling into the championship by doing crazy sh.. like winning games ?

I got my season's wrong but we bought promotion according to @NiceCarrots and 'Getting into the Championship would be financially ruinous for the club.'
    I was thinking in the (albeit unlikely) event we got up...even if we came straight back down we might turn a coin or two in increased gates (home and away).
    LIke I say...I like the football not the maths.

• @NiceCarrots said:
    Bury bought promotion last season and we can see how that ended up.

We bought promotion the season before by spending £500,000 that we didn't have (in spite of the fact we were told that cash is predictable) and we had to abandon the supporters trust owned model as a result.

We are now told our plan is to get into the Championship so The New American Investors can flip their investment which is exactly the same plan as The Old American Investors.

No club in the Championship makes money. None.

Getting into the Championship would be financially ruinous for the club.

Look at what happened to Stockport, and of course Yeovil and Bury.

In a supporters trust owned club information should be disseminated to all Legacy members at the same time and not on a need-to-know basis to be decided by the very same people who have put the club at risk under their stewardship.

Transparency is the best disinfectant.

Yeah, I'm a Wanderer.

Wow.
    You're equating what Bury did with what we did?! Hardly the same thing.
    And then you're saying promotion, which the dream of achieving is surely the whole point of why we even bother, would be a disaster?

Also why do you sign off with that tagline?

• Wow.
    You're equating what Bury did with what we did?! Hardly the same thing.
    And then you're saying promotion, which the dream of achieving is surely the whole point of why we even bother, would be a disaster?

Promotion? As far as I know @Malone most only go for the crisps so they could be kicking a ball round the Rye and we'd still be there. Me @marlowchair @NiceCarrots and @Devc watching on iFollow.

• Marlow despite his boasting was always the better of the two and actually had some info. Do you have a second nickname @NiceCarrots or do you only post here about how bad everyone apart from you who had a go at being on the board is?

• @Wendoverman said:

@BuckinghamBlue said:
    You can’t > @Wendoverman said:

Did we buy promotion?

I got my season's wrong but we bought promotion according to @NiceCarrots and 'Getting into the Championship would be financially ruinous for the club.'
    I was thinking in the (albeit unlikely) event we got up...even if we came straight back down we might turn a coin or two in increased gates (home and away).
    LIke I say...I like the football not the maths.

I think the biggest problem among our fans on promotion to the championship would be a fainting epidemic

• "We are now told our plan is to get into the Championship so The New American Investors can flip their investment which is exactly the same plan as The Old American Investors."

Source?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Marlow despite his boasting was always the better of the two and actually had some info. Do you have a second nickname @NiceCarrots or do you only post here about how bad everyone apart from you who had a go at being on the board is?

In fairness to Mr C, he knows what it takes to be bad on the board.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Marlow despite his boasting was always the better of the two and actually had some info. Do you have a second nickname @NiceCarrots or do you only post here about how bad everyone apart from you who had a go at being on the board is?

A couple of people get irritated when it's brought up about how certain Marlow was about Gareth being off, and how he didn't "speculate".
    So it would be intriguing to hear from him what happened there.

• Gareth Ainsworth would be highly amused to hear that we bought promotion. Absolute nonsense.

• I think we were bottom 5 budget even in L2.

• You’re right Shev. Incidentally, I gather from your posts that you live in the US. Do you know of any fellow Wycombe fans in or near LA?

• Yes, I live in Denver, @glasshalffull. The only fans I know the location of are down in Colorado Springs, but on Facebook there was a recent thread of fans checking in from all over, including many new fans in Louisiana, though I am assuming your question refers to Los Angeles, rather than the state abbreviation?

If I remember, I could try and dig up that thread, if it will help? I am hoping we see an American fan club form here, now that RC is involved.

I think @floyd lives Stateside, too, though not sure where.