Skip to content

Fred Signs! McCarthy to Millwall also confirmed.

2»

Comments

• I'd back Gaz to get the best out of Fred over and above that barely literate dinosaur Harris each and every day of the week

• Feel the same today with McCarthy going as I did last year when O'Nien moved on. Another great player goes.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Feel the same today with McCarthy going as I did last year when O'Nien moved on. Another great player goes.

Hopefully they too will play him out of position and we will all laugh as they struggle.

Feel the same today with McCarthy going as I did last year when O'Nien moved on. Another great player goes.

I certainly don’t, I’d thought we were down when 0N moved north last season. We also didn’t have a ready made replacement who had already signed like we do with Grimmer.

• I seem to recall being excited and optimistic about our season in League One, even after Luke had gone and I'm not even @glasshalffull

• You could always have @glassquarterfull as one of your numerous alternative usernames @Wendoverman.

• @Wendoverman Harris is already saying that he can play LB and is more of a natural LB than CB!

• You rotter @Wendoverman !

• @DJWYC14 excellent! @micra sadly, there is but one of me as I do not have time or inclination to be other people.

• @micra said:
    Agree with every word @fame46

I’ll second that. Bayo is still a very effective player and also a wonderful character to have at the club.

We’re all sorry to see him go, but aren’t you pleased and excited about the nine players we’ve brought in? At our level you can’t stop players like Luke and Jason moving to bigger clubs or higher leagues and if that allows us to strengthen the squad, isn’t that a good thing?

• @glasshalffull said:

@micra said:

I’ll second that. Bayo is still a very effective player and also a wonderful character to have at the club.

One of the few things we both wholeheartedly agree on.

• @mooneyman said:

@glasshalffull said:

@micra said:

One of the few things we both wholeheartedly agree on.

My word, unbounded optimism from almost every poster and now a thumbs up for me from @mooneyman ....this really is promising to be a special season!

• I hope Bolton don't prick our bubble too soon!

• The best thing Wycombe can do is ALWAYS let players like McCarthy move onwards and upwards without the fuss that some clubs seem to make.
    That way players will always see us as a good club to join, even if it is a (temporary) step down for them.
    Fans will out-stay every player so enjoy them while we can and cross your fingers in the hope that the way Gareth and Dobbo treat them means we get to see players that are without doubt destined for better (and bigger) things in their futures.
    You never know we might just get a couple of players in that help us move on (and up)

• @Guppys_Left_Leg, I couldn't agree more (see my 10.04AM post).?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hear, hear to that.