Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Wanderer - put your questions to Rob Couhig

Morning all.

I've been in touch with Rob Couhig and he has kindly agreed to answer some questions for the next edition of The Wanderer and has also agreed that we can open up the floor to our readers to send questions in.

To that end, if you have a question that you would like us to put to RC, please can you post it as a comment below and I will add it to the list.

Just a couple of points;

  1. Unlike our usual interviews, this will be a serious one (what with the future of the club being at stake and all) so sensible questions only please. We can find out what his favourite type of cheese is another time.
  2. Please try to avoid asking questions that have already been addressed at this week's meeting. (We may re-ask him one or two 'key' questions.)
  3. If you wish to have your name/nickname included with your question in the fanzine, please add your name at the end of your question. Otherwise, all questions will be considered anonymous.
  4. If we receive the same question (or versions of) from more than one person, we will obviously just ask him it once, so please don't be offended if your question isn't asked, or exactly as you worded it.
  5. We can't guarantee we will get to ask him every single question we receive, nor that he will answer them, so again, please don't be offended if you don't see yours in print.

If you would prefer to send in your question privately, then please feel free to DM it to me on here, or via email at [email protected] I promise to respect people's anonymity if that is what they wish.

I'd like to get the questions to him ASAP to give him ample time to respond, so please can I receive your questions NO LATER THAN 6pm on MONDAY 15th JULY. Hopefully that's enough time for everyone. Questions received after this cutoff may not be sent on to him.

Any questions or problems with this please get in touch with me.

Cheers, Jonny

Β«134

Comments

  • What is his favourite type of cheese?

  • Thanks for doing this @Jonny_King

    1) What first attracted you to Wycombe Wanderers?

    2) What are some of the things that make up the core of Wycombe Wanderers' identity?

    3) The football league pyramid is fundamentally different to anything in American sports. How does the possibility of relegation at the end of this season, or any subsequent season, affect your medium term planning?

    4) How do you intend to make a profit from Wycombe Wanderers?

  • They talked about getting attendances to 8-9000. I would like to know how they think they can achieve that.

  • Well done @Jonny_King and a positive response from RC which augurs well for the next few months.

  • What @bookertease says. (I’ve not used that expression before so I’ve probably got it wrong.)

  • My question is does he plan to invest in a youth academy?

  • Does he intend placing in to stock an ample supply of crisps? What, (if any), are his intentions of reintroducing the chicken balti pie?

  • Cold beer is fine all year round in New Orleans but maybe not here when playing an evening game (eg against Coventry) in February. Sorry, not intended as a question- just a passing thought.

    I’m sure we all wish Mr Couhig and his family well and hope they keep safe if the threatened hurricane does indeed strike their lovely city.

  • Interesting that most of the questions I’ve read so far were covered to some degree during Thursday’s meeting which just goes to show that they didn’t dodge any bullets and were open and honest about their intentions.

  • As a matter of simple logic @glasshalffull, it doesn’t show that at all

  • What is your current valuation of Wycombe Wanderers football club?

    What do you project the valuation to be after 2yrs as major shareholder?

    And 5 years?

  • @davecz said:
    They talked about getting attendances to 8-9000. I would like to know how they think they can achieve that.

    This is something I would really like them to expand on. They seem to have confidence that this can be achieved relatively quickly. This leads to my question;

    Given we’ve never had regular crowds of 8000+ in our Football League history, how do you propose to do this now and how long do you think it will take?

  • @OakwoodExile said:
    As a matter of simple logic @glasshalffull, it doesn’t show that at all

    You expressed your reservations about Mr Couhig before he addressed the meeting so I’m guessing that he was unlikely to convince you whatever he said. Myself and many others thought that he came across as open and honest, you may disagree.

  • Way back when, there were discussions about the possibility of creating a second route in/out of AP, as post-match delays (particularly after big games) was seen as an inhibitor of bigger crowds. Is this debate likely to be opened again as part of the β€˜bigger attendance’ strategy?

  • @glasshalffull said:

    @OakwoodExile said:
    As a matter of simple logic @glasshalffull, it doesn’t show that at all

    You expressed your reservations about Mr Couhig before he addressed the meeting so I’m guessing that he was unlikely to convince you whatever he said. Myself and many others thought that he came across as open and honest, you may disagree.

    What precisely is your glass half full of? Is there actually anything in it? What would it be like if your glass was actually half empty ... or even totally devoid of substantive content? Asking for a friend.

  • Can Fred Onyedinma come home with your investments??

  • @Shalom said:

    @glasshalffull said:

    @OakwoodExile said:
    As a matter of simple logic @glasshalffull, it doesn’t show that at all

    You expressed your reservations about Mr Couhig before he addressed the meeting so I’m guessing that he was unlikely to convince you whatever he said. Myself and many others thought that he came across as open and honest, you may disagree.

    What precisely is your glass half full of? Is there actually anything in it? What would it be like if your glass was actually half empty ... or even totally devoid of substantive content? Asking for a friend.

    If I could even begin to understand what you are going on about I would give you an answer. Does your friend’s nom de plume have the initials O.E. by any chance?

  • What happens if Mr Couhig decides not to proceed with the acquisition at the end of the initial period? How does he think we will be able to repay the money he has advanced?

  • @mooneyman said:
    What happens if Mr Couhig decides not to proceed with the acquisition at the end of the initial period? How does he think we will be able to repay the money he has advanced?

    That Q has the hallmarks of one that will be dodged by anyone not able to predict the future.

    I can see answers from β€œI have no plans to not proceed” to β€œmy investment now is to help turn profit and be able to service any debt later”

    The key to a substantial answer will be the interviewers ability to follow that up with further probing based on that answer.

  • As a Republican, how does he feel about Donald Trump?

  • Hi my question is ". Do you intend keeping the home strip the same "

  • @mooneyman said:
    What happens if Mr Couhig decides not to proceed with the acquisition at the end of the initial period? How does he think we will be able to repay the money he has advanced?

    Good question. Should we be relegated at the end of the season, or they realise that it's much harder than they think to increase revenue - it must be a possibility.

    Presumably the Trust board have covered this possibility in their negotiations.

  • @Vital said:

    @mooneyman said:
    What happens if Mr Couhig decides not to proceed with the acquisition at the end of the initial period? How does he think we will be able to repay the money he has advanced?

    Good question. Should we be relegated at the end of the season, or they realise that it's much harder than they think to increase revenue - it must be a possibility.

    Presumably the Trust board have covered this possibility in their negotiations.

    Rob, you seem to suggest that championship football is achievable through increase revenue leading to increased playing budget which equals success. Playing budget equaling success has some merit but it’s not always that simple an equation. What would your position on involvement be if we cannot progress from league 1 or, worst case, are relegated in the next few years?

  • @glasshalffull said:
    Interesting that most of the questions I’ve read so far were covered to some degree during Thursday’s meeting which just goes to show that they didn’t dodge any bullets and were open and honest about their intentions.

    I myself and thousands of others did not attend the meeting so it would help to have answers. Also the Wanderer is a jovial publication. So jovial questions required

  • My question relates to the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP).

    In Thursday's meeting it was mentioned that supporters should not expect a big increase in the playing budget without a similar increase in revenue. This was put down to the SCMP which sensibly dictates that a club's wages cannot exceed a certain % of their turnover.

    However, for Lg1 clubs the definition of turnover includes donations from the owners and also injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts (perish the thought).

    In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club's spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions.

    So I'm confused. Are Mr Couhig's dreams of reaching the Championship based purely on increased revenue and a sustainable budget (admirable but unlikely), or will he also be funding this success through donations?

    A bit more info on SCMP can be found here...

    http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

    https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/

  • I’ve not checked the linked information (which may mention the percentage figure) but the figure mentioned by Mark Palmer was 60%.

  • Can we have decent WiFi working in all areas? 4G coverage is patchy at AP.

  • It was clearly stated that > @TrueBlu said:

    @glasshalffull said:
    Interesting that most of the questions I’ve read so far were covered to some degree during Thursday’s meeting which just goes to show that they didn’t dodge any bullets and were open and honest about their intentions.

    I myself and thousands of others did not attend the meeting so it would help to have answers. Also the Wanderer is a jovial publication. So jovial questions required

    Johnny King wrote at the start of this thread that people should avoid questions that were covered in the meeting and also said that he was looking for serious questions.
    For those unable to attend, there is a link in the relevant thread to a full recording of the meeting.

  • Now that the budget has been reinstated can we re-sign Nathan Tyson?

  • Nathan Tyson is faulty. In 2 seasons he only managed half a season in each due to injury. So it’s a no from me

Sign In or Register to comment.