Skip to content

Trust agree deal (in principle) with Major new Shareholder Rob Couhig

Comments

• I had no idea that the old terrace 'right side... left side...' chant had a hidden political meaning.

• edited July 2019

@yorkyblue I'm surprised you did not know that...although my views bordered on the unacceptable for the Power Group, my immense intake of crisps and coffee flavoured water on match-day swung things in my favour.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @yorkyblue I'm surprised you did not know that...although my views bordered on the unacceptable for the Power Group, my immense intake of crisps and coffee flavoured water on match-day swung things in my favour.

Sorry @Wendoverman but the first change being made is likely to be renaming 'crisps' to 'chips'. Be careful when ordering...

• @Wendoverman I heard they only really want Change UK - The Independent Group voters to buy season tickets, but they grit their teeth and compromise their principles and allow Lib Dems too.

• @Ned_Ludd said:

@Wendoverman said:

Sorry @Wendoverman but the first change being made is likely to be renaming 'crisps' to 'chips'. Be careful when ordering...

I'll try to make the best of any cultural misunderstandings...

• I'm very disappointed that Gareth having stayed, Bayo having stayed and Dominic Gape having stayed that now there is also an outside chance we might actually have a pot to p*** in by the time the new season starts. What on earth is going on...?

• Let's hope that "Ode to Joy" is not chosen as our Club signature tune. That would truly bring politics into the melting pot with or without P***.

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    I had no idea that the old terrace 'right side... left side...' chant had a hidden political meaning.

And the light and dark blue quarters? Just different shades of Tory, obviously.

• For what it's worth, from a little searching, I'd say he appears to be to the left of the centre of the republican party.

• Wycombe Wanderers formed by working class furniture lads 135 years ago, and pretty much hindered by a Tory dominated Wycombe District Council ever since.
    If ever a club should distance themselves from the Nasty party then the Wanderers are that club.

• @arnos_grove I get what you mean but a bit of a leap in this situation...unless he is of course @James Adolf Hilter's nephew...

• Soundly defeated mayoral candidate to 'human rights abuser,' is quite a leap.

• @glasshalffull said:
    The fact that he’s a Republican is totally irrelevant in my opinion. We are in a desperate position financially and we can’t afford to dismiss would be investors because we might not agree with their political views.

Human rights abuser with a few million in the bank? Welcome to Wycombe. We understand.

Just to make very clear before @James has an aneurysm, I’m not accusing Mr Couhig of human rights abuses!

• @floyd said:
    Soundly defeated mayoral candidate to 'human rights abuser,' is quite a leap.

Yes, I’ve edited it to make clearer it was a comment on Glasshalf’s comment that appeared to welcome money from anyone at all at all on the basis that we’re strapped for cash.

For the record, I am neutral and curious.

• And possibly a snowflake.

• I think we can assume that someone from a Western democracy...even one led by a racist Orange...is not as human rights abusy as some of the regimes from which some owners presently letting their money rest in football club accounts across the country might possibly be. Or at least hope if not assume.

• Apologies.

@arnos_grove said:

@floyd said:

Yes, I’ve edited it to make clearer it was a comment on Glasshalf’s comment that appeared to welcome money from anyone at all at all on the basis that we’re strapped for cash.

• From this morning's announcement...

"...with a view to securing the backing of the Trust’s Legacy Members for the acquisition of a majority share in the future. It is intended that, at that point, neither the club nor its Adams Park stadium will hold any debt, nor will the assets be available to be used as security."

This is an important point as it precludes them taking a minority stake (no vote) with a view to loading the club with debt and putting us over a barrel when subsequently going for a majority.

No meat on the bones yet though, so look forward to hearing more detail.

• Maybe some of you could fly an inflatable dummy of him over Adams Park when he comes to present his offer ?

• Or a straw one?

• @James is that you, Piers?

• @Wendoverman said:
    I hate that Mr Hilter and his Boncentration bamps. Calm down @James. snowflakes? :smiley: Before you anger type 'fake Gasroom' or 'Will of the British Wycombe people' Don't worry Bozzer will be king soon and all will be jolly top hole again...

If ever there was a posting that deserved to be deleted by a Moderator then this is it.

Absolutely appalling.

• @floyd no need - it was carelessly worded.

• @Vital said:
    From this morning's announcement...

"...with a view to securing the backing of the Trust’s Legacy Members for the acquisition of a majority share in the future. It is intended that, at that point, neither the club nor its Adams Park stadium will hold any debt, nor will the assets be available to be used as security."

This is an important point as it precludes them taking a minority stake (no vote) with a view to loading the club with debt and putting us over a barrel when subsequently going for a majority.

No meat on the bones yet though, so look forward to hearing more detail.

I too am intrigued by this statement. I can't find another way to interpret it than the way you have, but at the same time I can't believe this to be true: this implies they would seek to invest enough to pay off Luby/Collis, the Chairboys Funders, and any other remaining LT loans (Kane, Howard, Beeks(?)) ... in return for a 49.9% stake of the club. This doesn't seem realistic to me?

• @Its_Cold_Up_North said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I hate that Mr Hilter and his Boncentration bamps. Calm down @James. snowflakes? :smiley: Before you anger type 'fake Gasroom' or 'Will of the British Wycombe people' Don't worry Bozzer will be king soon and all will be jolly top hole again...

If ever there was a posting that deserved to be deleted by a Moderator then this is it.

Absolutely appalling.

Is it the reference to Monty Python's Minehead by-election sketch or my worry that @James was going to run out of populist cliches that appalled you so?

• @CarrotPeeler said:

@Vital said:
    From this morning's announcement...

I too am intrigued by this statement. I can't find another way to interpret it than the way you have, but at the same time I can't believe this to be true: this implies they would seek to invest enough to pay off Luby/Collis, the Chairboys Funders, and any other remaining LT loans (Kane, Howard, Beeks(?)) ... in return for a 49.9% stake of the club. This doesn't seem realistic to me?

I think it's with a view to eventually getting a majority stake @CarrotPeeler

• @CarrotPeeler - Remember the Hause money will pay off most of the American's loan.

• You > @arnos_grove said:

@floyd said:

Where did I say that I would ‘welcome money from anyone at all’? And to answer Eric Plant’s comment earlier in the thread, the people who need to ‘get a grip on reality’ are those (and there are more than one) who would consider turning their backs on a potential investor because he’s a Republican and their sympathies lie with the Democrats. You really couldn’t make it up.

• @glasshalffull it's the summer we have to make it up.

• @glasshalffull said:
    You > @arnos_grove said:

@floyd said:

Where did I say that I would ‘welcome money from anyone at all’? And to answer Eric Plant’s comment earlier in the thread, the people who need to ‘get a grip on reality’ are those (and there are more than one) who would consider turning their backs on a potential investor because he’s a Republican and their sympathies lie with the Democrats. You really couldn’t make it up.

Why "couldn't you make it up?"

As fans of the club, everyone wants what's best for it, and therefore no one wants anyone in charge who they personally think are dangerous/ immoral/ incompetent/ untrustworthy/ ignorant, but everyone has different ways of judging that.

I'm definitely not in the boat of saying any republican is one of those end I'm excited that he looks like he could be a realistic option, but I'm not that far off and I know plenty of people that do. That doesn't mean I don't respect that others have wildly different views.