Skip to content

Wycombe Homeless Connection Prediction Contest 1920 Launch Thread

Comments

• Also now paid.

• In- not paid yet

• In, not paid. Went to WHC office just down from the train station last season, they were very gracious in receiving the donation. Good on ya @DevC

• Im in. And have paid. Great charity. Thanks for setting this up. LETS GO!!!

• In and paid. Not sure how proactive I'll be though!

• Delighted to say we now have 19 confirmed entrants - most of whom have paid (not done this myself yet). genuine thanks to all.

Confirmed then that the competition will run. I'll put up a first week prediction thread around next weekend (assuming of course Bolton can fulfil the game)

if anyone posts on the facebook page, be great if you could advertise it there. Would be nice to beat last years 26 entrants.

Slight side note, anyone heard anything of @railwaysteve. hope he is OK and that he has merely just been shunted into sidings over the summer rather than his gasroom career being Beechinged. His competition complemented this one well last year I thought. Hope someone picks it up if @railwaysteve doesn't wish to this season.

• Gosh, I confess I hadn’t realised that we’d not heard from @railwaysteve for a month or two. Hope all is well with him.

• Any chance of a late entrant?

• Delighted to have you on board @WidmerWanderer. Just make your donation to WHC and you are in.

Not late at all by the way, entrants are accepted at any time in the season (but predictions for each match must be received before 2:59 on matchday).

• Great, donation sent.

• Add me too please dev c , paid just now hopefully won’t be relegation fodder this season.

• @DevC Thank you for organising again this season - in and paid

• @DevC and @railwaysteve, we have managed to get the club to agree to contribute a signed shirt for the winner of your respective competition (presuming that the score predictions one will run again of course). Perhaps you can contact Michael Davies ([email protected]) direct to make the necessary arrangements.

• Wow, that’s fantastic news, @ForeverBlue . Thanks so much for organising this.

Really is a lovely club that we all support.

• We don’t always @DevC but I’m sure we can agree with you 100% on that.

• Trying but failing to think of a plausible excuse to bump this thread up the page to encourage new users. On one level I failed......

• It's worked for me! I'm in and will make the donation later today - cheers for running it

• edited July 2019

I'm in

Rubbish at predictions but it's an excellent cause - thanks for organising

• First gasroom post to be directly approved by the club?

• Will Dev be able to cope with the increased admin involved with the influx of new predictors?

• Can we at least start any who join now on -12?

• I'm in and all paid up.

• In and now paid - a good local cause - thank you Dev C for your efforts over last few years setting this up and promoting

• Positive feelings all round. Will start the attendance thread for the Bolton game either tomorrow or Weds this week.

Thank you @ForeverBlue, really excellent news. We very much do support a fine club.

• I'm in and will pay soon!

The news of the signed shirts means I will also commiserate with @OxfordBlue about us winning the competitions a season too soon...

• It’s okay @Shev. I don’t think any of us have bolstered our resources close season so hou’ll Justifiably start the season as favourite again.

• Thanks @bookertease - I am hoping the American influence in my predictions will at least stop me from dropping straight down to the National League South.

• Welcome to all those signing up yesterday.

glad to report that we have beaten last years total already, hopefully with a few more to go.

great to see @railwaysteve post yesterday and confirm he will be running his competition again.

And don't worry @eric_plant , if you are rubbish at predictions last years competition proves you will fit in here very well............

• In and paid. Thanks for running it again, I enjoyed it last year and so did my little daughter.