It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
In truth wasn't sure whether to do this this season but JFDI is always a good motto. Here goes.
The competition will run similarly to last season with the odd difference explained below. Rules are
1) The primary aim of the competition is to raise money to support homeless people in HW and the surrounding areas. A secondary aim is having a little fun.
2) The cost of the competition is £10 to be donated directly to WHC
Obviously if you wish to donate more, I am sure they will be very grateful. If you are eligible please tick the gift aid box to allow them to draw down more cash from government.
3) To enter please just add your name below and confirm (paid) or just predict on the first or later match threads confirming (paid).
4) I want this to be as inclusive as possible so if you wish to enter but genuinely cant afford to, that's fine. Just confirm (paid) below and drop me a PM message. I don't need to know why and promise not to reveal to anyone else. I just want to understand total raised. Of course you could just confirm (paid) and not do so and nobody will know but that would make you a bit of a c*nt IMHO.
5) Minimum number of entrants is 15 or the competition will not run
6) Prize to the winner (as last season winner @OxfordBlue will confirm ) is very likely to be precisely zero. If however those with better contacts than me ( @AlanCecil or @ForeverBlue ) could rustle up a prize for the winner (stadium tour say, or a couple of tickets to the end of season dinner etc), I would be very grateful.
6) The prize is a signed Wycombe shirt as confirmed by the twitter feed here:
7) Each week I will ask for predictions for a forthcoming league fixture on this site. you can if you wish predict match results as far ahead as you wish (eg if you are to be away on holiday). Just post them in a thread You can change predictions as often as you wish with a strict deadline of one minute before kickoff. Any predictions timed after kickoff will be ignored.
8) Scoring will be as follows
Predict home win correctly - 4pts - no change from previous season
Predict away win correctly - 5pts - no change from previous season
Predict 1-1 draw correctly - 6pts - no change from previous season 9either your prediction or result must be 1-1)
Predict any other draw correctly - 7pts - new (both your prediction and actual score must not be 1-1)
Bonus for getting score correct - 2pts - no change from previous season
Bonus for correctly predicting a 2 goal margin - 2pts - new (designed to remove incentive to always predict one goal results which are most common- both your prediction margin and actual score must be a 2 goal win to the team you predicted to win)
Bonus for correctly predicting a 3 goal margin - 4pts - new (designed to reward successfully predicting harder to predict results - see above)
Difference between your prediction and actual result - -1pt (so if you predict a 2-1 home win and actual result is a 2-1 away - you lose two points) No change
No prediction that week scores 0 points - New (removes penalty for no prediction removing disincentive for late entrants.)
So if you predict a 1-0 home win and score is 3-1 you score 4pts for home win and -1 point for margin total 3pts
If you predict a 3-1 win - score 4pts for home win, 2pt bonus for correct score plus 2pt bonus for getting 2 goal margin correct - total 8. If you had predicted a 2-0 win score 6pts.
If you predict a 4-1 win, score 4pts for home win, and -1 point for margin - total 3pts
If you predict a 1-3 away win, score -4 points for margin
if you predict a 0-0 draw and the result is 2-2 - score 7pts
if you predict a 0-0 draw and the result is 1-1 - score 6 pts
correctly predict a 2-2 draw - score 9pts
correctly predict a 1-1 draw - score 8 points
hope that is clear. Just predict and don't worry, I'll work out scoring
9) Publicity - anyone with contacts with WHC ( @Twizz ?) or club ( @AlanCecil or @ForeverBlue ) who could arrange this to be advertised this on say their twitter feeds would again earn my gratitude and hopefully more money raised for WHC.
10) I reserve the right to change any rules I don't think are working/introduce new ones. Especially if I am losing.......
Any other questions please ask......
Last season rough estimate is that we collected 3300. Would be great if we could beat it.