Skip to content

Dom Gape to pompey on a 3 year deal

2»

Comments

• He's a brave man, as this is like a league 1 version of Figo's move from Barcelona to Real Madrid. (just not going directly between such fierce rivals).

I mean, he won't be able to dare go back to the city of the team that he played ONE game for!

• edited June 2019

He's definitely a brave man, Pompey fans love to call anyone who's so much as got on a cruise ship at Southampton as a scummer bastard. If he has a few bad games, they'll no doubt remind him about it.

• I can imagine the scenes now in Southampton

"remember that kid who played 5mins for us in one game? he's only gone and signed for a team 2 divisions below us that we won't play in the foreseeable future"

• Isn't he a Southampton fan too? I've lived in both cities, mostly in Portsmouth, and the hatred on both sides is incredible. I could well imagine Gape getting a hard(er) time at Fratton Park due to his Southampton roots. They really do hold that sort of thing if thing against you down there.

• Having also lived in Portsmouth for four years i can concur, I would be surprised if fans accepted that deal down there.