Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dom Gape to pompey on a 3 year deal

Discuss......

Β«1

Comments

  • Pleased for him. They are an upwardly mobile club with a good chance of promotion again next season. Rather than go straight in the deep end in the Championship, another season at this level won't do him any harm.

    He's served us well so best wishes for his future,

  • Massive shame if true, but close to the area he's from, a much bigger club, and no doubt wellying him obscene wages for this league.

  • Cant say im surprised will be sad to see him leave like onien but cant blame him.

  • Good luck to Dom if true but I hope he will get more game time than Bryn Morris got in a crowded midfield group.
    A Southanpton youth going to Portsmouth is a big decision

  • agreed Righty. I'm sure Gape will go somewhere, he's too good not to have attracted interest, but I'd be surprised if it were Pompey.

    That twitter account hardly looks the most reliable. We'll see....

  • Also, that photo is weird in that it doesn't look like him at all. Even though it is

  • @Aok84 said:
    Cant say im surprised will be sad to see him leave like onien but cant blame him.

    We've lost a good player, but not such a big loss as O'Nien was.

  • edited June 3

    In some ways agreed, but the partnership with Thompson was very much the best department in our whole team.

    That'll take some replacing, as Bloomfield needs to be a squad player next year, and plays further forward anyway, and Bean and the QPR loanee have long gone.

    An inventive signing is needed there now.

  • Dom Gape would be a good signing and I for one are not ruling it out on the basis of one Twitter post.
    Some people give up on good players far too easily

  • I will discuss it when it happens same as Gareth getting the QPR job and Ruth coming back...

  • I really don’t understand @Malone why an innocuous and realistic post like yours of 1.05pm would elicit the disapproval of anyone let alone two people. The subsequent suggestions that it would go against the grain for a former Southampton player to go to a rival club may be valid (and I’ve no idea whether feelings are as strong as they are about a Wycombe player going to eg MK Dons or Luton) but that doesn’t justify an expression of disapproval.

  • edited June 3

    Somehow I don't think 'TransferCentre9' is likely to be a particularly reliable source. There are countless Twitter accounts like this just fishing for attention.

  • I think I should have said β€œwould be” after β€œstrong”. And, in any case, we’re talking here about players’ attitudes, rather than fans’, to such moves.

  • See what I mean. Those guys are pathologically mean spirited. But if it gives them pleasure we probably shouldn’t stand in their way. All one Wycombe, eh?!

  • edited June 3

    @micra said:
    I think I should have said β€œwould be” after β€œstrong”. And, in any case, we’re talking here about players’ attitudes, rather than fans’, to such moves.

    Responded to wrong post of yours..whoops> @micra said:

    I really don’t understand @Malone why an innocuous and realistic post like yours of 1.05pm would elicit the disapproval of anyone let alone two people. The subsequent suggestions that it would go against the grain for a former Southampton player to go to a rival club may be valid (and I’ve no idea whether feelings are as strong as they are about a Wycombe player going to eg MK Dons or Luton) but that doesn’t justify an expression of disapproval.

    I think the second you mention a thumbs up/down scenario, it encourages a few "wags" to chuck a thumbs down in. I know I've done it.
    Though I don't go back to posts to see if they get "thumbs up", as it's a little pointless...unless it's such a slow moving page that it stays there for ages...

  • @Wendoverman said:
    I will discuss it when it happens same as Gareth getting the QPR job and Ruth coming back...

    In fairness Gaz going was a definite, as the chair chap "does not speculate".

    He may not speculate, but he does disappear for months straight after...

  • edited June 3

    @th100 said:
    Somehow I don't think 'TransferCentre9' is likely to be a particularly reliable source. There are countless Twitter accounts like this just fishing for attention.

    We'll see how it pans out.
    This isn't the premier league though, I wonder if it's in anyone's interest to make up such a rumour.

  • @Malone said:

    @th100 said:
    Somehow I don't think 'TransferCentre9' is likely to be a particularly reliable source. There are countless Twitter accounts like this just fishing for attention.

    We'll see how it pans out.
    This isn't the premier league though, I wonder if it's in anyone's interest to make up such a rumour.

    Hasn't stopped Richie in the past!

  • @mooneyman said:

    @Malone said:

    @th100 said:
    Somehow I don't think 'TransferCentre9' is likely to be a particularly reliable source. There are countless Twitter accounts like this just fishing for attention.

    We'll see how it pans out.
    This isn't the premier league though, I wonder if it's in anyone's interest to make up such a rumour.

    Hasn't stopped Richie in the past!

    Ok, anyone's (who isn't a massive WUM) 's interests ;)

  • If he does go there, maybe Bryn Morris will become available.

  • I think that Bryn would command a fee, as such we're out!

  • And much higher wages, hence going there instead of staying with us in the first place?

  • And being in a promotion chasing team, rather that one fighting against relegation.

  • ...and bigger crowds...and by the sea...and....have we done yet?

  • I am sure like Bryn and Thompson Gareth will find two more uninspiring signings that go from cannot get into a poor team so no idea why are we signing them to...they are too good bound to go in January...to oh my God why is Gareth not mortgaging his home to keep them? Have faith.

  • Hopefully Bayo has basically agreed to stay, but we're relaxed about revealing it?

  • he could be next up for Anthony Joshua :wink: but I suppose that would just be a weekend off in Las Vegas

  • I meant on loan, just to be clear, but yeah Southsea Beach is alright I suppose.

  • edited June 4

    With these twitter rumour sites, I imagine something along the following lines:

    PORTSMOUTH DECISION MAKER 1: "So it's agreed? Gape for three years?"

    PORTSMOUTH DECISION MAKER 2: "Yes, he is ready to sign, just say the word."

    PORTSMOUTH DECISION MAKER 1: "Oh Crap! I just realized we have gone through this whole process without notifying Bob334turnipface and TransferLies444 on Twitter!"

    PORTSMOUTH DECISION MAKER 2: "Good point! We always give our scoops to badly conceived Twitter handles first. Tell you what - I'll notify them, let them get the word out and blow our cover, and then we will announce it on our website in a few days."

    (Disclaimer: I take all of the above back if Gape goes to Portsmouth after all).

Β«1
Sign In or Register to comment.