Skip to content

Crisps

Comments

• Thread about crisps becomes thread of puns about crisps and Wycombe players.

Peak Gasroom.

• Also, Smoky Baco'nein.

• Steak, alesup and Carrollomised Onion.

• Prawn Devine

• Discos Danny Senda

• Scott Kashkettle Chips

• edited May 2019

Sorry, it has to be Jacobson's Cream Crackers

• Andy Kerrisps

• Salt and Vinnicombe?

• Tayto Akinfenwa?

• These are a bugger to find, but I believe these the finest crisps ever to grace the planet.

More mainstream - BBQ Hula Hoops, Walkers Baked Ready Salted and Brannigans Roast Beef & Mustard are my faves.

And player flavours?
    Guy Branston Pickled Onion
    John Cheesewright & Onion

• @crabbie said:
    Just to throw the cat in what about the newer categories of Hummus, Quinoa or Lentil crisps that are delicious but can they be called a crisp as are really just a healthy quaver is a quaver a crisp by definition ?

Philistine.

• but you'll accept Manboobs roasted and salted broad-beans ?

• shurely the fine far eastern rice snack range 'Ding Dong' deserves a mention

• Though the USA is still far behind the British classics, there are a few newer, decent flavours out here - I tried a red curry and coconut packet yesterday that was great, and the standard Lays Jalapeno and Korean Barbecue flavours are half decent. We still go crazy on the McCoys and Monster Munch when we are over there, though.

• 3 pages in and nobody has mentioned Seabrooks, the only acceptable potato based crisp. Although not as good since they stopped putting msg in them.

• Still waiting for someone to bring out anchovy flavoured crisps/snacks

• @Cretinho said:
    Still waiting for someone to bring out anchovy flavoured crisps/snacks

I’m still waiting to win the 50/50. I’d say the odds are about the same.

• I have been within 9 on 5 occasions this season (once as close as 2), to 50/50 that is, not anchovy crisps!

• @Cretinho said:

Worcester sauce has anchovies in it, so technically...

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Cretinho said:

Worcester sauce has anchovies in it, so technically...

If it wasn’t for the Gasroom I wound never have stumbled across this fascinating fact, reached after deciding to explore the ingredients in Worcestershire sauce...

Worcestershire Sauce, known colloquially as salsa inglesa (English sauce) or salsa Perrins (Perrins sauce), is extremely popular in El Salvador, where many restaurants provide a bottle on each table. Over 120,000 gallons or 2.5 ounces (71 g) per person is consumed annually, the highest per-capita consumption in the world as of 1996.

Please can we sign a player soon before I’m reduced to researching why Wotsits stain my fingers or what creates the flavour found only in Skips.

• @Manboobs said:

what creates the flavour found only in Skips.

The tears of sad prawns.

• Think how much better educated you are becoming during the close season @Manboobs

• Here’s something I’ve just learned. Pringles Rice Fusion Peking Duck with Hoisin Sauce are quite repulsive. Not the taste sensation Her Indoors had hoped would start our Eurovision evening in style.

• @Manboobs said:
    Pringles Rice Fusion Peking Duck with Hoisin Sauce are quite repulsive. Not the taste sensation Her Indoors had hoped would start our Eurovision evening in style.

Ah well, sounds like eating bad crisps will only be the second worse experience you have tonight.

• Craig Mikel Smiths

• name that crisp factory...

• That’ll be Tayto then

• St Crispins