Skip to content

Our terrible pitch

2»

Comments

• @AlanCecil - senior ticket Block M of the Frank Adams now £286

@Wendoverman - this is straight from the Trust -
    Overall prices have been set so that if the same number of season tickets are sold as this year, in the same locations, the revenue will be the same.

However, because the Club wanted to make some changes to the structure of the pricing, there are some increases and decreases this year. For example, the adult price in the centre of Frank Adams has decreased by 23%.

I am sorry if your seat is one of those where the price has increased, but as I say, this isn't part of a general increase and overall we do believe the prices represent fair value at a time when we are still striving to move the Club to a break even position.

• @BeaconsfieldBlue I know we're all creatures of habit and this may not be popular but you could move to somewhere cheaper I guess?

• edited April 2015

Phew! As long as no-one near me is getting a bargain that I have no idea about that's okay! I'm quite happy not to be sitting in the Frank Adams to be honest...

• @Rolo - It's not actually about the total cost that I am complaining about, I am more annoyed that the club wants to maintain the same revenue from STs next year by raising prices for some and decreasing others.... Is that fair in your view?
    Hence why I am not going to add to any other funding ideas that have been mentioned.

• @BeaconsfieldBlue I hear you but I'm assuming that they are classing your seat as undervalued whereas they have identified others that were overvalued in the review of their pricing.

• edited April 2015

I think that they've probably identified that it's ludicrous having tiered pricing within a usually half empty stand where you can purchase the cheapest available seat and sit where you want.

It still represents a fairly chunky price hike for a lot of folk though, which is why there will be some disquiet. It would have been great if they could have brought the price of the centre blocks all the way down to the price of the outside blocks

• Have they ended up meeting in the middle? I haven't actually looked yet but I assume that is the case.

In any case, I commend the young person discount as it is something I've only seen about one other club do (to the age of 25!).

• Also, can anyone in the know confirm how much a car park season ticket is please?

• I think it's £70 for upper (in the field), and £120 for lower (the main tarmacked one - first time on general sale I believe).

• We have drifted away from the topic of our terrible pitch but I'd like to return to it in the light of a thought I had after talking to a friend who supports Bournemouth. I rang him yesterday after admiring the Cherries' performance against Bolton on that superb surface. Ian told me that, to meet Premiership requirements, they have to dig up the pitch to install undersoil heating. The thought occurred to me, absurd as it might sound, that it might be possible to use the turf from Bournemouth's pitch! However, I suspect that it is probably just dug up and dumped. I also wondered whether Championship floodlights have to be upgraded!

• The turf from Upton Park is another option if we have to put up with what we have for another season.

• @Croider the club have already turned it down

• Isn't the real problem that it's not just a returfing exercise but the whole Desso substrate will have to be removed, disposed of (and just that will be pricey) and replaced?

• edited April 2015

Maybe we could sell the Desso substrate to whoever owns Coventry City's stadium? Or stick it on Ebay - "collect only".

• Gumtree is pretty good for this sort of thing