Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

2»

Comments

• Thought bean played well today I think. Well done to all the lads, let's hope for a win sat.

• Felt sorry for the lads who put in a massive shift today, you could see they went out fired up though their tired legs showed. Bean and Craig aren't mine or many other people's favourite players, but they put in the best performances I've seen from them in a Wycombe shirt, and Matt Ingram had an astounding game, especially in the second half when we tired and Morecambe were opening us up more.
    Unfortunately our final balls into the area in open play and set pieces were generally poor. On the odd occasion we managed to get a decent ball in, they looked in trouble (and got a reprieve when Mawson hit the bar).
    It's gut-wrenching that we've dropped out of the automatic promotion spots, but it's not because the players haven't given everything they've got and then some. Hopefully we'll find a little something extra for Northampton and the play-offs if that is our fate.

• @Blue_since_1990 , Yeah " Tommy Fletcher", fast and pacy. As often sung he is "one of our own".

• Isn't fast and pacy the same thing?

Having seen him play for Chesham a few times earlier in the season he's not the sort of player we want to be starting unless absolute last resort. Nico did a much better job than Fletcher would have been capable of.

Also he isn't 'one of our own' since we signed him from Cheshunt in the Summer of 2013.

• @Croider , I beg my pardon, we grabbed him from Non League obscurity 3 years ago. I still think he is exciting (pacy) player, just needs to strengthen his upper body.