Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

My phone doesn't have much power so I might not be able to post the teams today apologies for that,

also for those who dont have twitter I just noticed this on this official page:

For Saturday's game, we're honoured to be joined by friends & family of Nick Sherwood, a lifelong fan who died aged 25 earlier this year.

— Wycombe Wanderers FC (@wwfcofficial) April 21, 2015

The friends and family of Nick Sherwood will be staging a round of applause in his memory in the 25th minute tomorrow pic.twitter.com/PcdPEyO36q

— Wycombe Wanderers FC (@wwfcofficial) April 24, 2015

Comments

• TEAM NEWS: Ingram, Yennaris, Wood, Mawson, Murphy, Saunders, Bean, Bloomfield, Hayes, Craig, Onyedinma.
    Subs: Lynch, Fletcher, Kretzschmar, Ephraim, Holloway.

• Oh dear, we have lost Saunders before a ball is kicked!

• COYB

• Bury winning

• WE NEED A GOAL!!!!

• Southend down to 10 men

• Disaster. Down to 5th :(

• Worst possible outcome! Oh dear...

• So Wycombe to win and Southend / Bury to lose next week and we'll all be happy!

• Terrible game on the eye. Morecambe could have scored 2 or 3, every corner or set piece they looked like scoring. We had a very a good chance before half time, but we were second to the ball. Wasn't are day. You done your best, well done lads. Playoffs it is.

• nightmare:-( what are the dates for the play offs again?

• edited April 2015

If we don't win our final game, going through via the play-offs is a tough task after a long season and with such a tiny squad. Even if we don't get promoted, Gareth Ainsworth has done a great job in turning the team around from almost the depth of despair last season to one of hope and still possible promotion.

Whatever happens, I hope we can hang on to Gareth and he will be given the financial resources to develop our squad for next season. Things are looking good for our club.

• Hoofing the ball to Fred was a waste of time, Einstein quote "Insanity trying the sane thing over and over again and expecting a different result" , sprung to mind. We had a few half baked chances, but to be honest never produced any real chances, a few goal mouth drama but that was it. Hopefully we have a full compliment of players for the playoffs.

• If we get a few players back and have a decent lineup then I'm confident that we could do Stevenage over two legs. Then everyone knows that a day out at Wembley can go either way - keep the faith.

• What are playoff dates?

• date and kick-off time
    Play-Off tie

Sky Bet League 2 - 7v4 - 1st Leg Sunday, Saturday, May 9, 2015 (7.45pm)
    Sky Bet League 2 - 6v5 - 1st Leg Sunday, May 10, 2015 (6.35pm)

Thursday, May 14, 2015 (7.45pm)
    Sky Bet League 2 - 4v7 - 2nd Leg
    Sky Bet League 2 - 5v6 - 2nd Leg

Saturday, May 23, 2015 (5.30pm) Sky Bet League 2 - Final

• Bury fan here... I'm a little gutted for you, Ainsworth worked wonders with a small squad & to be top three for most of the season is a credit to you. To be in the playoffs is a superb achievement, you should be proud.

• Fred was awful. Craig was outstanding, hogan is such a waste

• @Blackadder as it looks like we will get beaten to 3rd hope its you rather than southend, as you probably owe us one after we pipped you a few years back

• To be honest I think Tango boy has pipped us both to 3rd but that's football, we'll see what next weeks results bring... more twists yet maybe?

• Craig was excellent. Cannot understand why we continue with Fred through the middle. Would rather play Hayes in there. Bean did well again at full back. We really suffer when Wood is forced to play at full back.

• That was an awful game to watch, pure dog squeeze. Sadly, we have too many square pegs in round holes, too many injuries and the players we are able to field are running on empty. The last few games losing so many players from the field before half time and even losing one before a ball is kicked just emphasises how brittle the squad is at the moment. It's been a remarkable achievement by the club as a whole to put us where we are and that must not be forgotten when the autopsies begin.
    I fear for us in the playoffs as I have visions of a fatally wounded animal being cruelly put to death through exhaustion, which GA, his staff and players do not deserve after such a monumental effort. Satanage will surely just steam roller through our guys who, at this moment in time appear to be made of delicate crystal and that would just put a real sour note to the end of this season. I live in hope that at least we scrape past Westlys' marauding oafs and get a Wembley pay day to at least give Gareth a better fighting fund for next season?

• Morecambe are a decent side, Tranmere showed a bit of spirit against Plymouth. It's not over til it's over. It happened last year, it might happen again.

• Also like to add why we hoofing the ball to Fred. It's blindly obvious Fred is not enjoying that game plan. Fred is and out a out winger through and through. Fred looked like a lost lamp, dealing with aerial service he was served up.

• Oops lost lamb.

• Agreed, he is such a waste there, I dont understand, fred out wide is so much more of a threat.

• 442 is needed, fred wide, hayes up top!

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Btw, Ingram unbelievable today, away fans agreed best in league easily.

Pulled off several incredible saves today and was being applauded and congratulated by the Morcambe players. Thoroughly deserved MoM, shame he didn't score too.

• Even the famous Ken McKenna said Ingram was superb. Now he was a centre forward who could knock a few centre half so around the pitch.

• Centre halfs around