Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harman or Americans?

I have had a few personal attacks since supporting the Harman bid for a minority control which may lead to a majority stake if votes for.
Personally I don’t give a rats arse as I have been here before, fought and we won.
There are some amazing people who helped who are sadly not here like the amazing Jonny Tring plus others.
Do we want to hand over our club for an instant majority stake based on performance elsewhere or a minority stake where unless Andrew Harman performs, (unlike some who have promised lots and delivered not too much) and then seek the vote?
I am not a legacy member. I have supported for 41 years. I was part of the Trust Team that took us into fan ownership but want to have a voice
This is where I started and I want to understand where you are
We need one of them. Who do you want?
Matt Clarke (Clarkee73)
Got blocked before by someone..........

  1. Who to take ovwr26 votes
    1. USA
      38.46%
    2. Harman
      61.54%
«13

Comments

  • This is a pointless poll until we have details of the two bids (although I accept it is unlikely the members will ever be shown Harman's bid) I think it is very naive to believe that Stroud and the "Power Group" will recommend any bid other than the Americans.

    Nevertheless you should have included a third option, namely, to remain supporter owned.

  • I voted on what I currently know and information we know. Harmans offer is measley and not worth the paper it’s written on, where as the Yankees may be quite generous!!

  • I agree with Mooneyman. It’s a bit like being asked to vote on whether you think a piece of string is deeper than a hole.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • The third option is non league. Let’s be very clear on that.

  • @OxfordBlue said:
    I agree with Mooneyman. It’s a bit like being asked to vote on whether you think a piece of string is deeper than a hole.

    How is it generous? Have you been to Pride Park and seen how different it is to Adams Park?

  • @2longinthetooth said:
    The third option is non league. Let’s be very clear on that.

    That is bollox. It may possibly mean non league, but I personally don't think it will. What will probably mean non league is Harman loaning us money and then getting bored and wanting his money back. Sharky mark 2.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @2longinthetooth i knoe it is friday but you need a bit more water with it I think. At this point I am not willing to commit. Sorry

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @2longinthetooth said:
    The third option is non league. Let’s be very clear on that.

    LOL

  • How is it generous? Have you been to Pride Park and seen how different it is to Adams Park?

    Sorry I’ve no idea what tbis means.

  • @TrueBlu If you voted on what you know about the 2 bids already then fair play. Can you tell me the outlines of the the American bid please then I will cast my vote?

  • Whoa.. I’m a couple of PowerPoint presentations and excel spreadsheets away from thinking about a decision

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • The choice we have currently is:
    1: no actual detail of an American bid
    2: 2 million over 5 years and 1 million on an academy that has nothing to do with wwfc , but might need the club to have any credibility to attract any players but we won’t have any guarantees we’ll get any players, or indeed money, out of it.

    Incidentally, divide 2 million by 5, and your answer is less than what the Americans put in via the contentious loan before Xmas. How can this possibly be enough?

    At the moment, both bids are firm “no” votes.

    We need some actual details

  • @TrueBlu said:
    I voted on what I currently know and information we know. Harmans offer is measley and not worth the paper it’s written on, where as the Yankees may be quite generous!!

    Derby County lost millions under American ownership didn’t they? If that’s what they’re planning for Wycombe then no thanks.

  • If we have two groups wishing to invest in our club, why should we only choose one? I would prefer them to both contribute. From what we know, the Americans have invested in a UK team before and want to have another try and Andy Harman is a former player with funds he wishes to invest in the club as he wants it to remain a EFL team, and with his local connections he seems an ideal partner for the other bidders. Trevor Stroud did indicate at the last meeting that Option C had been suggested.

  • This poll is pointless.

    👍 👎 ( 2 )
  • Lets vote NOW or you are the problem and we are all doomed and marooned and the world will explode and Col U will win the Premier League.

    A) The trust boards preferred choice based on months of private discussions that none of us on here have seen (except marlow probably)
    B)Ex player - People connected with the club say he's a good bloke, Outlined a deal in public, some money, academy that isnt really an academy, little detail, lots of areas tbc
    C) Just shut the club down now we are finished
    D) A little patience
    E) Enjoy the game, I can't make this one, hope its 0-0 untill the 91st and we win 3-0 in the 110th minute with an own goal, one miles offside and a dodgy penalty.

  • @wformation said:
    If we have two groups wishing to invest in our club, why should we only choose one? I would prefer them to both contribute. From what we know, the Americans have invested in a UK team before and want to have another try and Andy Harman is a former player with funds he wishes to invest in the club as he wants it to remain a EFL team, and with his local connections he seems an ideal partner for the other bidders. Trevor Stroud did indicate at the last meeting that Option C had been suggested.

    I think I agree actually

  • @wformation said:
    If we have two groups wishing to invest in our club, why should we only choose one? I would prefer them to both contribute. From what we know, the Americans have invested in a UK team before and want to have another try and Andy Harman is a former player with funds he wishes to invest in the club as he wants it to remain a EFL team, and with his local connections he seems an ideal partner for the other bidders. Trevor Stroud did indicate at the last meeting that Option C had been suggested.

    Owning a football club, calling the shots, sacking managers , sitting at the top table, hoovering up hospitality, giving out awards, befriending players , waving your status around town , enriching your other businesses, going on the telly....these are reasons people want to "own" football clubs.

  • @StongestTeam Post of the Weak !!!!!

  • I trust you meant “week” @wformation or were you being richly ironic/offensive towards @StrongestTeam ?

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @2longinthetooth said:
    The third option is non league. Let’s be very clear on that.

    For this post alone I think you lose a lot of any credibility you might have gained

    👍 👎 ( 2 )
  • @micra surely !!!! should give you the answer

  • @StrongestTeam said:
    Lets vote NOW or you are the problem and we are all doomed and marooned and the world will explode and Col U will win the Premier League.

    A) The trust boards preferred choice based on months of private discussions that none of us on here have seen (except marlow probably)
    B)Ex player - People connected with the club say he's a good bloke, Outlined a deal in public, some money, academy that isnt really an academy, little detail, lots of areas tbc
    C) Just shut the club down now we are finished
    D) A little patience
    E) Enjoy the game, I can't make this one, hope its 0-0 untill the 91st and we win 3-0 in the 110th minute with an own goal, one miles offside and a dodgy penalty.

    Am I the only one thinks the world exploding after Col U win the premier league
    makes the world wide apocalypse a little more palatable

  • @BuckinghamBlue TBH, would prefer it just before Col U won the Premier League, would make the event a bit sweeter.

    👍 👎 ( 2 )
  • @drcongo said:

    @TrueBlu said:
    I voted on what I currently know and information we know. Harmans offer is measley and not worth the paper it’s written on, where as the Yankees may be quite generous!!

    Derby County lost millions under American ownership didn’t they? If that’s what they’re planning for Wycombe then no thanks.

    Have you actually bothered to check your facts? I think you’ll find that ‘the Americans’ left Derby in a better shape than that in which they found them.

  • Lol. Good one Alan. Prove it.

  • I have spoken to the man who was CEO at the time and that’s his take but of course I will bow to your superior knowledge. Can you prove that Derby ‘lost millions’’?

  • if you have figures that contradict those submitted to HMRC I’d love to see them. As would HMRC probably.

Sign In or Register to comment.