Skip to content

Oh Dear. A Big win needed. Derek still moaning.

2»

Comments

• Hope posh thrash argyle today.

• 10 minutes added time at the Peterboro v Plymouth Match. Who was playing for a draw against 10 men ??

• Six minutes actually - 2 more than the time-wasting Blues.

• I wonder if the Plymouth keeper rushed to take kick-offs at 1-0 up today verses Peterborough?

• @LordMandeville I included the 4 mins in the firt half

• We incurred 3 minutes both at half time and at the end of 90 minutes. Don’t think we were holding out for a draw. That game could have finished 5-5.

• Quote from the Posh fans' forum:

'The first yellow card was IMO just a case of two players arriving together, both with feet up. The Plymouth player had the nous to roll around on the floor and got away with it.'

Feigning injury? Mr. Adams' side? Surely not!

• @LordMandeville I understand also that the Plymouth player rolling around was Carey, who did the same to get JJ a yellow last week.

• @Uncle_T said:
    @LordMandeville I understand also that the Plymouth player rolling around was Carey, who did the same to get JJ a yellow last week.

I was thinking exactly the same.

• The 2nd yellow was for a push (possibly again Carey) on a Plymouth player who flung himself to the floor and made sure the ref spotted it an issued a card. Not heard DA's post match comments, but I feel confident he would have condemned his players theatrics!

• A very rare recognition of Argyle game management on PASOTI today. Most of the posters appear to think that Plymouth's 'rolling around' is OK because it's not as bad as Wycombe's.

'Sorry, but there is a lot of Hippocrates on here. Last week we were all fuming about the Wycombe play acting but this week we are condoning it because it was one of our own. Don’t get me wrong, I’m as happy as anyone with yesterday’s win, it just a shame that part of today’s professional game involves this type of gamesmanship.'

• I’m impressed that Hippocrates has been posting on their forum despite having been dead for well over 2000 years.

• @drcongo I'm glad that you appreciate those of us who manage to keep active after so many years...

• @drcongo, I'm impressed that they spelt the wrong word correctly, or maybe that was down to predictive text.

I'm all for more Ancient Greeks in football. I give you Monty Python's sublime Germany v Greece Philosophy match:

• There were several Kants in the away end last week.

• They would rather get relegated than involve themselves in anti-football. We should start singing The Bradford song: you soft Bastard! At every carey style roll on the floor.

• "They cheat and they do it every week." Quote from the Peterborough fans' forum about Plymouth after Saturday's game when Carey's play-acting got a Posh player sent off. The same Carey who got a Posh player sent off in their game last April after play-acting. Red card subsequently rescinded.

Must be a different Plymouth, yeah?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    "They cheat and they do it every week." Quote from the Peterborough fans' forum about Plymouth after Saturday's game when Carey's play-acting got a Posh player sent off. The same Carey who got a Posh player sent off in their game last April after play-acting. Red card subsequently rescinded.

Must be a different Plymouth, yeah?

... @tommytynan01

• Now that is a familiar fuller figure. Has the username (without a hashtag of course) changed or was it @tommytynan01’s profile picture last time?

• This thread has become a but Nietzsche

• Always Plato the whistle.

• Has he put the horse before Descartes