Skip to content

CMS off to Notts County

2»

Comments

• The trust may have in mind that for the first time in many seasons, it looks like we are pretty certain of a solid unnervewracking midtable outcome and have in mind that with no deal certain, it may be wise to preserve as much cash as possible for next season. Perhaps no need for any additions unless one of the big clubs will let us have a kid for nothing - CM maybe.

• I was thinking exactly the same Dev. There is a strong argument that we only need 13 more points (probably 10 for safety) to achieve our target this season, and a squad more then capable of getting there, so making some savings on wages at this stage may not be the worst idea.

Of course, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong if Gaz wants to sign Fred tomorrow!

• It’s far to early to talk of the last 3rd of the season being unnervewracking. This is Wycombe we’re talking about. So either we’ll just stay sufficiently close to the play-off positions to still be talking unlikely permutations (if Doncaster draw with Sunderland, Barnsley lose at Bradford and we win our last five games...) in early April or we’ll (including the team) all think we’re safe in early Feb and lose six games on the bounce so that suddenly we’re looking over our shoulders.

• I agree with Bookertease, although I think we’re eminently capable of averaging a point per game till the end of the season (that would give us 58pts), it’s far too early to get complacent and think we’re safe.

• I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much for Fred if the rumoured wage at Millwall is true.

• @drcongo said:
    I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much for Fred if the rumoured wage at Millwall is true.

Care to spread the rumour?

• If anyone cares to look at the fixtures for the two months after Bradford, it is ugly. I know we do well against the big teams, but still.

• @Shev said:
    If anyone cares to look at the fixtures for the two months after Bradford, it is ugly. I know we do well against the big teams, but still.

Gillingham, Shrewsbury, Accrington, Oxford don't look massively scary. We are not far behind Barnsley and Peterborough. We drew at Portsmouth and Sunderland.

• Agreed @EssexWanderer, and it's only on paper, but Luton, Barnsley, Peterborough and Sunderland in the space of five games is still quite the gauntlet!

• It’s dauntingly daunting.

• The gloves are off!

• I may have given the impression with my post beginning 'I doubt we will be signing anyone...' that I doubted we would be signing anyone. Of course what I meant to say was Gareth will be getting a couple of loans in now he's freed up some wages. Apologies for any confusion.

• @Shev daunting...but we've taken points from all of them which gives us a little hope.