Skip to content

Luke Bolton on loan from Manchester City

Comments

• cheers @oldius. Gaz and Dobbo do a fantastic job with loan players and weve got a good mix of experienced and proven goal scorers and youngsters @ wycombe. I'm sure young Luke will get game time and the opportunity to express himself. All the best and good luck in the pursuit of Liverpool.

• Thank you Aimlessywandering.
    In answer to some of the posts earlier in the thread, I think he would have played against Burton but for the finalisation of the loan to you. I suspect he also would have played in the cups but for injury. It is incredibly hard to break into our first team and as a fan since 1968, I wish it wasn't quite as tough; I suppose it is one of the prices paid for the success we have achieved.
    Regarding his position, he is predominantly a right winger but, as Pep does, he is able to play the wing back role very well: his pace and tenacity make him a very dangerous foe for an opposition left winger.
    He is also very strong physically with thighs like tree trunks!

• Thanks @oldius, we have a very close knit and perhaps more importantly, a supportive squad and management team who are getting a deserved reputation for encouraging and developing players. I personally can't wait to see young Luke express himself with the protection of the team and players like Bayo around him. Come and watch him play if you're down in our neck of the woods. We'll certainly welcome you as we do Luke.

• I would love to. I have recently moved to Bucharest temporarily so I don't think I will get the opportunity @ValleyWanderer . It is nice to hear your comments about the environment he is moving to as I believe Luke is a real player.

• Thank you @oldius for your informative posts. I know @ValleyWanderer and I very much agree with what he says about the ethos of our club. Luke will be well looked after. We are all looking forward to seeing him at some stage tomorrow.

• As long as he can find Bayo's head with a stinging cross into the box...

• Thanks Oldius we will look after him. G A and Dobbo have a way with young players here and tend to bring out the best in them

• Hopefully City will like what we do with him - that would be one hell of a club to strike up some sort of partnership with!

Speaking of which, that arrangement with Aston Villa didn't last long did it? Anyone know if Mooney is even still there?

Never heard of this kid before, but on paper at least he looks like an incredible signing. Not good news for Paris though (unless he moves back up front) and I guess means we won't be seeing Fred again - this season at least.

Hopefully this means we'll be sticking with 442 and also means a good run of games on the left for Freeman.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Speaking of which, that arrangement with Aston Villa didn't last long did it? Anyone know if Mooney is even still there?

I never was!

• The plot thickens...

• Thanks for your kind responses; it's often a bit of a minefield joining another club's forum but I come in peace!

This link is a very short video to his performance against Borussia Dortmund in the pre-season. He really was excellent on the tour but was injured soon after. A shame for the lad but now he has an opportunity with you. Good luck to you all, including Luke.

• He certainly looks unafraid to get back and do the defensive work. I can see him and McCarthy making a ferocious and tenacious combination on the right. Hopefully PCH will get a chance to shine again up front in a 442 and not just drop down to bench fodder. Not sure this is the right thread but I've been wondering whether this might be a season too far for Nathan Tyson in League One. He hasn't played particularly well when I've seen him this season. I'd certainly have PCH ahead of him in the pecking order for strikers, and Freeman ahead of him in the pecking order for left wingers at the moment.

• His attitude, as much as his skill, is his most impressive feature. In my experience of watching him, he never hides. The game was also against Dortmund and he was one of the best players on the pitch. He is more of 'traditional' English player than most at City. He isn't the silkiest player or a visionary, but he will lay it on the line for his club.
    Anyway, goodnight and good luck against Plymouth.

• Admidst all the uncertainty and worry off the pitch, this lad sounds like really good news. Well done Gaz n co.

• Thanks @oldius. Most opposition fans are pretty welcome around here, it’s just racists from Luton that get short shrift.

• @drcongo said:
    Thanks @oldius. Most opposition fans are pretty welcome around here, it’s just racists from Luton that get short shrift.

Racists should get short shrift everywhere!

• He looks remarkably composed and disciplined for a young player. If he's got a decent cross in him I can see him making a big impact.

• Thanks, @oldius. Enjoyed the video. He tackles a lot better than the average winger!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @fame_46 if only that had been the case with Paul Hayes!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree with fame46, people are far too hasty to write players off and Hayes did a great job for us before his physical decline. Tyson is still a major asset.

• Have to agree with @glasshalffull . Hayes was asked to do too much running that last season. If he had been bunged in the middle as a cf in a bayo stylee he would have scored a few more. Also considering his age and the injuries he's had Tyson looks super fit to me and has just been unlucky despite working defences. We have a great squad this year.

• I'd not identify @aloysius's comment as a writing-off of Tyson so much as a light speculation, reasonably founded on his age and performance so far this season, even bearing in mind the fact that he's still looking for full sharpness after injury. The same thought had occurred to my inexpert mind - he's not just been unlucky. I'll be glad if and when he gets back closer to his best, just like @aloysius, I imagine.

• @HCblue exactly my thoughts. Tyson is far too classy to be written off - but given the quality and quantity of our options at centre forward this season I think there are others who deserve to be ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.

• Wonder what Luke made of his time on the pitch today. One impressive pass early on was followed by watching a load of hoofing, time wasting and arguing. Wonder when he last played in a game like that.

• Tyson certainly isn't showing to be a season too far. He's still the fastest player, and probably one of the fittest, and he was straight back into the side when fit again, despite our options being at their highest then.

He has plenty of a role to play.

• That first pass of Bolton’s was exquisite. Then backs to the wall as Plymouth went route one.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Wonder what Luke made of his time on the pitch today. One impressive pass early on was followed by watching a load of hoofing, time wasting and arguing. Wonder when he last played in a game like that.

Quite. A lovely start and then the game descended to a Danteesque nightmare for a player of his calibre, I imagine. Formative experience, hopefully.

• It could be quite a beneficial sharing of knowledge.
    He can bring us Pep's "conditioning" skills which sees the likes of David Silva almost magically improve his stamina, while he can take back our skills on how to "see out" games