Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnsley

Comments

• @Malone said:
    @uptheblues , love the passion to want to drum and all that, but put a shirt on son, it's not sensible in this weather

I’m being honest I am not the drummer. But he doesn’t feel the cold if you drumming and bouncing around you won’t feel it. let him do what he wants mate he the one that’s getting us wins and terrace bouncing

• Not sure he’s the one “that’s getting us wins” - that’s more down to the players and managers - but he does help generate some atmosphere so good luck to the lad.

I’m in the ‘get him to wrap up warm’ camp though. Don’t want him to miss some key games due to illness.

• When I sat in front of him at Fratton Park I was in the “get him to wrap up” camp.

• @micra said:
    When I sat in front of him at Fratton Park I was in the “get him to wrap up” camp.

Well like I said when he drumming he doesn’t even know or think bout that. I reckon he go through what ever the weather with no top on.lol

• Thanks for that.

• I'm a bit worried we'll lose him in the January window.

• It is still a record for the highest league we have played in

• @Shev said:
    I'm a bit worried we'll lose him in the January window.

No worries. He's a one club man.

• Hopefully he won't suffer from a frozen shoulder.

• He's the one getting us the wins! Chuckled at that.

• I forget who started the 'need for a change' thread on JJ. He also added something like 'and don't get me started on Randell ****ing Williams'. heh heh heh.

• That's the problem with the social media age.
    Over emotional ranted nonsense are there to be seen by all.

• @Malone I can assure you it's alive and kicking in certain sections of Adams Park as well! (But I know what you mean.)

• At the moment Gareth seems to have a good team of players, playing some decent football in a higher league and winning or drawing games we did not expect to be winning or drawing and is such an awful manager we keep panicking that someone will poach him. That might suggest he knows more about football than some Gasroomers. Is that even possible?

• @Wendoverman said:
    I forget who started the 'need for a change' thread on JJ. He also added something like 'and don't get me started on Randell ****ing Williams'. heh heh heh.

WYC2345 - Not seen him/her on here recently.

• Good to see that Randell and my favourite, Sido, made The Football League Paper "League One Team of the Day".

Not a Luton player in sight, struggling teams well represented.

• @Wendoverman , easy son, we're just a defeat or 2 away from the drone army making themselves known again.
    I just hope the next bad result doesn't coincide with Bayo's return or that'll be the narrative all week.

• I know @Malone they are poised for the difficult post-Christmas period. As they were poised for the difficult pre-season signings period, the difficult early part of the season and the tricky pre-Christmas games. It must be tricky when all they've got is the loans are all going back, Gape will have to be sold and Gaz is tactically naive.

• They could always moan about the scoreboard not working properly, or the 50/50 draw result being announced late. There must be something...

• edited December 2018

Worrying that the loanees all return and that we lose Thompson and Gape is pretty reasonable...

• Very little chance we'll keep Gape and Morris i would imagine. More hopeful for Fred and Williams...and you are allowed to sign players in january too.

• As I have said before, if we lose players or not, we have been surprised/delighted by GA's dealing in the past...so I am more sanguine about January. Also we are in an attractive position for players being put up for loan at the moment.

• We've lost some terrific players in the last 5 years, who we've replaced and then gone onto even better things. Therefore, even if we do lose x, y or z, then as per @Wendoverman really.

• On the Grape issue, I’d definitely keep him until the end of his contract, unless we are offered over 250k or Ainsworth has lined up a straight January replacement as he seemed to have done with O9.

I wholeheartedly back Ainsworth with the situation that he has to find a suitable new midfielder on the cheap during the summer transfer window, as he seems to do with the large majority of his dealings.

This is also based around Ainsworth obviously staying past this season.

Are we really ever likely to find a manager and assistant with such a good eye for a rough diamond?

• I’d be crushed if he left.

• I've no doubt Gareth has a bunch of options if Dominic goes @Chris
    (but unless someone comes in and the club decides to get a fee...I would not be surprised if he signed again...promotion goal hero and what have you.)

• Just think...if we were ever stupid enough to sell out..all this joy will be lost

• @Chris said:
    I’d be crushed if he left.

Very good.

• edited December 2018

We got a little clue about the depth of the dossier we keep on players when Gaz mentioned one of Barnsley's players at the weekend and said how they'd been monitoring him for "Nuff time" (to paraphrase).

I bet we keep a really comprehensive list of players, that'd be the rival of much bigger clubs, and certainly beats Waddock's "have I managed him before", and Sanchez's "has he played for Brentford, Barnet, Wimbledon or does Terry know him" style.

• edited December 2018

I would let out a little w(h)ine if he went.