Skip to content

Simple Question - iFollow...

2»

Comments

• Strangely although I subscribe to iFollow and normally listen to away games with no problems at all, tonight I paid to watch and it was dire! Very pixelated, no definition and kept freezing. I ended up about 6 mi utes behind real time judging by the BBC. I've watched on iFollow a couple of times previously with mo problems and great quality. Oh well we'll see next time! COYB!

• Might be a problem at your end @ValleyWanderer - it was flawless here. Only disappointment was not getting to see the man with the haircut that Phil mentioned.

• Completely bald on top with a full 12 inches of flowing curly hair out the back.

Wondrous.

• To complete this story - I bought it, was thoroughly impressed by the quality, and nearly sent my laptop soaring into the wall when Samuel crashed in from the most impossible of angles.

• The quality exceeded my expectations. No problems here.

• @drcongo said:
    Might be a problem at your end @ValleyWanderer - it was flawless here. Only disappointment was not getting to see the man with the haircut that Phil mentioned.

I think you're right @drcongo as the net keeps dropping out this morning.

• Another highly satisfied customer here though I did encounter a potential problem over payment. When going back through the pages of the payment process via the little black arrow top left of the PC screen a message in red was displayed saying that there had been a problem with the payment. I rang the iFollow customer line and, after answering a load of questions, I was reassured that payment had been received.

@OxfordBlue: I know nothing about VPN n all that stuff but I’d rather Wycombe got my tenner than 6 Euros (£5 ?).

• @micra said:

@OxfordBlue: I know nothing about VPN n all that stuff but I’d rather Wycombe got my tenner than 6 Euros (£5 ?).

Fair point!

• @micra , it's been reported that the club whose ifollow you use get £8 of the £10 fee, so still most of it, but not quite all.
    We've mostly agreed it's a bit of a joke for the home club who get nothing, but here we are.

• I think you’re right @Malone.

• Hold on, so if I'm watching a Wycombe home game on iFollow, do Wycombe get more money if I buy the match pass theough the opposition website (assuming I can do that?) ?

• @Jonny_King If I understand it correctly, if you buy through the opposition website the opposition will get the money and Wycombe will get none.

Conversely, when buying Wycombe away games via the Wycombe website, Wycombe will get the money and the opposition will get none.

• Cheers @Uncle_T. Does that apply for both home AND away games? I was under the impression the home team stands to lose out on money with these streamed games and was wondering if changing how you purchased the ticket changed that at all?

• The website you buy from is the team that gets the money, either way around, so it is the home team that generally stands to lose out. A greater number of those not paying on the gate because they can watch it on-line instead are more likely to be away fans, who will buy through their own team's site and, consequently, not make any contribution to cover what the home team has lost through their non-attendance.

• Ah ok, cheers mate.

• edited November 2018

It would have made way more sense if the home club got the money whichever club's platform you bought through.

What I'm not sure on, is when a club refuse to be part of all of it? I "Think" Charlton aren't on ifollow, but you could still watch the game at the Valley through the Wycombe link.
    That surely has to be the worst of all worlds for Charlton. No "Fee" as such for being part of it all, and losing out some tv money still.

We can only guess that the money a club receives to be part of ifollow doesn't cover the loss from lost fans through the turnstile. I guess we'll never know the shortfall for sure.