Skip to content

Terrace/seats

2»

Comments

• Surely if you have a group where most are happy to stand and some would like to sit, this is ideal. Like, if you take elderly relatives with you. Or the entire away end.

• @floyd , we only have a safety certificate for 1800 in that away end don't we? Possibly because some Bristol Rovers or Oxford fans ran amok in there?

I don't think it's linked to the home attendance, as bar say 1 game every 2 seasons, we don't sell our end, so surely would have been selling more aways if there were any available.

• @Malone said:
    @floyd , we only have a safety certificate for 1800 in that away end don't we? Possibly because some Bristol Rovers or Oxford fans ran amok in there?

I don't think it's linked to the home attendance, as bar say 1 game every 2 seasons, we don't sell our end, so surely would have been selling more aways if there were any available.

I always assumed once we replaced those stupid rugby hoardings with a proper barrier we'd get the capacity back but it seems to not be the case.

That was the sole reason we had so many crowd issues at that end, as away fans were almost pushed onto the pitch during celebrations, and if they wanted to, they could just stroll on.

• @drcongo said:
    Surely if you have a group where most are happy to stand and some would like to sit, this is ideal. Like, if you take elderly relatives with you. Or the entire away end.

If you go with older relatives wouldn't you sit as well, seems a bit odd to be next to my pa but stood up shouting and singing over his head. His appearances always seem to coincide with the dullest awful games so maybe not such a big problem.

• @StrongestTeam I think the point of these though is that you'd be roughly at the same height, even if one is sitting and one is standing. Could be wrong.

• @Malone I thought it was the capacity as a whole that was capped but I’m happy to be wrong!

• Looks like company needs a "live" stadium to demonstrate its solution in.

We have space due to our licensing restriction imposing artificially low capacity..

Win win deal available for both parties.

• Not sure how heads can be on the same level whether sitting or standing unless the fold-down seat is at a level which would require a leg-up for an elderly and/or mobility-impaired person. I am fortunate that, despite advancing years, I can still stand for long periods, certainly for the duration of a match - even a Wycombe match.

• Exactly that Dev. You may recall Bristol City installed a block of rail-seating prior to the redevelopment of Ashton Gate. It gave punters and management alike the chance to see what safe-standing might look like. I'm sure it's no coincidence they have installed it in the section of the family stand closest to the terrace. Different company, same objective.

• edited November 2018

@Sherrinford said:
    Exactly that Dev. You may recall Bristol City installed a block of rail-seating prior to the redevelopment of Ashton Gate. It gave punters and management alike the chance to see what safe-standing might look like. I'm sure it's no coincidence they have installed it in the section of the family stand closest to the terrace. Different company, same objective.

Its installed where the gap is, didn't they pull all the seats out of the corners to be used to replace broken ones?