Skip to content

Matt Ingram is Back!

2»

Comments

• So will QPR let Matty stay...? He hasn't played a league game for them since 21st of August, but he's the second choice behind Joe Lumley.

The only other keeper they have on their books is 20 year old Marcin Brzozowski who has never made a senior appearance.

• Sadly I don't think there is any chance QPR will let us have him again. We only got him because of the international break. So its likely we will be looking at the big clubs and their 3rd or 4th choice keepers so no threat to their bench players.

• On the other hand.....

QPR appear to have decided that Lumley is the better option longterm. Ingram will need to find another club. Far more likely to do so with recent positive playing record than the difficult time he had at QPR at the start of the season. Bit of wages saved assuming we are contributing. May play Ingram back into form for another tilt at QPR first team. If Lumley got injured they can call Ingram back anyway so only risk is if Lumley is injured/sent off during a game, they have to play the youngster for the rest of that game. If I was QPR I would do it.

• @HG1 said:
    Sadly I don't think there is any chance QPR will let us have him again. We only got him because of the international break. So its likely we will be looking at the big clubs and their 3rd or 4th choice keepers so no threat to their bench players.

“We only got him because of the international break”

Have you read this anywhere because I haven’t? Seems like an assumption.

Let’s hope we get him back. Great seeing a hometown lad in the team.

• We're told that we are skint and in desperate need of outside investment

Why on earth does anyone think we would possibly spend money on a loanee keeper's wages once our own contracted goalkeeper is fit again?

• Not sure anyone is Eric. Wouldn't be allowed to anyway once either Allsopp or YMK is fit (well not until January window). No chance then of WWFC paying three senior goalkeepers I would have thought.

• talking of loans I assume Morris cannot play on the weekend?