Skip to content

Matt Ingram is Back!

Matt in on a seven-day emergency loan.

Comments

• Allsop's picked up an ankle ligament injury in training apparently.

• Both Yves and Allsop are out for 3-4 weeks. We get Ingram for a week...then what?

• edited November 2018

can we not extend it / make it a proper loan?

• What is going on in training and with injuries at the moment. Players seem to be dropping like flies. Welcome back Matt but be careful on that training ground

• I don't know what the rules are on this but maybe an emergency loan can only be for 7 days and has to be renewed on a weekly basis. I'm sure someone on here can clarify.

• Only got him cos of International break

• Wont be here next week and ryan is out till January

• Songs for Saturday:
    ‘Matty Ingram sorta one of our own’
    ‘You’ve got O’Nein, sweet Luke O’Nein just don’t think you understand’
    Funny old game football.

• @Right_in_the_Middle 'what's going on in training?' that's an old classic we haven't had for a while. I seem to recall the 'soft tissue injury' worries of a couple of seasons ago.

• Hopefully our defence will realise that Ingram won't be coming off his line.

• Since you so brilliantly predicted us signing a loanee keeper for the play offs @rmjlondon maybe you can tell us who'll be coming in til January?

• Thanks to the man with the brolly me thinks

• He's showing why he's out on loan, I'll be glad when Rocky is back....'
    Suggested post for drones after first loss with Ingram between the sticks...

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Since you so brilliantly predicted us signing a loanee keeper for the play offs @rmjlondon maybe you can tell us who'll be coming in til January?

Ruth?

• Just the inevitable sod's law of at last having two reasonable keepers, and both getting injured together!

That young kid we have in the squad, is he not any sort of option then?

• Apparently not. Although he was on the bench at Luton.

• Goalkeeper is the trickiest position of all, I think. It's a brave manager who puts a kid in!

• Yes, you have to imagine that its only 7 days as QPR will want him back once the international break's over so that he can sit on the bench.

We'll then have to try and get another goalkeeper in on an emergency basis who is a bit further down his club's pecking order and therefore isn't needed to sit on the bench.

Unless of course QPR have a reasonable third choice keeper and Gareth can twist their arm.

• I know Twitter is largely full of cretins but it doesn't seem like QPR fans like him:

• Emergency goalkeeping loans can only be for seven days. Extendable each week until senior GK is available. Doesn't have to be same guy each week.

• Will be interesting to see whether QPR are willing to extend.

Personally I'm delighted, fabulous goalkeeper, Wycombe through and through.

• I think Cameron Yates was registered towards the end of September as back-up when Yves pulled out of the Norwich City game with a crick in the neck. Prior to that I think he probably had similar status to Henry Newcombe.

It’ll be good to see Matt Ingram between the sticks.

• "Perfect move for both parties" one guy said.

It's only 1 game!

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I know Twitter is largely full of cretins but it doesn't seem like QPR fans like him:

Letting in 13 Goals in your first 4 league games this season probably doesn't endear you to the fans.

• Not sure he was entirely to blame for defensive disasters, but perhaps League Two to Championship was a step too far.

• Did Yates go out on loan?

Great to see Big Matty back. Was great for us. Hopefully they can be persuaded to let us have him longer if needed.

• Work with a few QPR season ticket holders... and I can confirm he's not rated that much !!

Hopefully their loss is our gain

• If he keeps a clean sheet Saturday I wonder if GA will pursue...?

• Never been a massive fan of slagging your own players off on the internet, anyway assuming this one more game thing catches on after Rooney and now Ingram can we bring on Sean Devine for the last 5 minites at Sunderland?

• I'll be holding my breath every time the Sunderland keeper gives it a big hoof down field