Skip to content

Potential new owners

Comments

• If we assume that a budget for this season was prepared-that would’ve indicated when the money was going to run low-which we assume from previous comments is November-so....with the benefit of Luke’s money-maybe £400k-who knows-because we never get told much fact-what happened to that money? -you can surmise that —if we are running out of money in November-with that boost-then the original budget forecast when we run low would’ve been months earlier-maybe 1or 2?- this is what I don’t understand-making reasonable assumptions then-the original budget may have said we run low in -say Aug/Sept-so we were only good for cash till then-how can anyone still say we are a sustainable club for cashflow-which is why doing nothing isn’t an option....we all need to be very careful what we wish for here.

• what are you wishing for?

• I wouldn't have thought we got anywhere near 400K for O'Nien

• @SamB said:
    what are you wishing for?

Christmas.

• This whole issue has gone strangely quiet. Not sure there was a lot left to say until details known but odd nonetheless.

I see the candidates for Trust board have been released.

http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/category/trust-matters.

Five candidates for four spots - but perhaps surprisingly no one standing openly hostile to the principle of the deal. Interesting that the chairman is hinting strongly that this would be his last term regardless.

• This is probably the sort of thing only a pedant like me would pick up on, but in the bit on Bob Massie it states that he watched Wycombe gain promotion to the league from the Origin Family Stand, but that whole side of the ground was terraced until 1996.

Was there a family stand back in the early years of Adams Park? Was it a couple of blocks of the main stand?

• @eric_plant I used to sit with my eldest in the block of the main stand closest to the home end terrace. From memory it was a recognised family enclosure, might even have been sponsored (maybe by Origin?)
    The club used to run a crèche in the small back room to the left of the stage in the Vere Suite too.

• @DevC I think Trevor Stroud is suggesting that his re-election would be taken as a mandate for abolishing his position by changing the ownership structure of the club.

Shame there wasn't a section of the election statements for declaring conflicts of interest.

• @mooneyman Christmas. is it party, present or lights on the Gasroom?

• Going on Bluckets post. O9 went for 380k I believe. Then money was used for the purchase of McCarthy. We don’t know the McCarthy figure. But I think he was probably seen as to good an opportunity to turn down, certainly is proving that.
    The rest of the money going into working capital that gets used very quickly in our circumstances. The same as the other £1m from Ebe. Working captal. Simple pure maths. I certainly don’t believe money is being squandered or the wool pulled over our eyes.
    JUST VOTE YES to the Yankees

• @TrueBlu said:
    Going on Bluckets post. O9 went for 380k I believe. Then money was used for the purchase of McCarthy. We don’t know the McCarthy figure. But I think he was probably seen as to good an opportunity to turn down, certainly is proving that.
    The rest of the money going into working capital that gets used very quickly in our circumstances. The same as the other £1m from Ebe. Working captal. Simple pure maths. I certainly don’t believe money is being squandered or the wool pulled over our eyes.
    JUST VOTE YES to the Yankees

McCarthy is rumoured to have cost as little as £25k

• @Vincey said:

McCarthy is rumoured to have cost as little as £25k

Thank you @Vincey, this reinforces exactly what Trevor Stroud was alluding to at the meeting and underlines, to me at least, he is sincere, genuine and truthful with a sound understanding of the present/future WWFC situation.

• I’ve gone quiet because the cards have been played and the election will provide a result one way or another.

There is a strong challenger nominated who will make an excellent ditrctor with experience and skills far superior than anyone on our football club board.

He is not a supporter or lackey of the current power group who have led our club down the financial drain these past few years.

I’ve given up personally. I am gutted and despondent at the way this has all been handled and the size of the loan our chairman has taken out with the proposed American bid means this isn’t about my belief or opinion or anyone’s here , we are screwed either way regardless of what a vote for ownership presents.

Our club had changed for the worse from now on and i’m devastated.

• @marlowchair said:
    I’ve gone quiet because the cards have been played and the election will provide a result one way or another.

There is a strong challenger nominated who will make an excellent ditrctor with experience and skills far superior than anyone on our football club board.

He is not a supporter or lackey of the current power group who have led our club down the financial drain these past few years.

I’ve given up personally. I am gutted and despondent at the way this has all been handled and the size of the loan our chairman has taken out with the proposed American bid means this isn’t about my belief or opinion or anyone’s here , we are screwed either way regardless of what a vote for ownership presents.

Who are you referring to? Peter Lerner or Bob Massie ?

• Welcome back @marlowchair.

Welcome to my world (substitute my country for my football team). Just close your eyes, relax, enjoy the occasional (or frequent) thrilling game and just cross your fingers and hope that in 10, 20, etc, years we will still be able to watch a team in light and dark blue quarters. And hopefully supporting them not watching us play them up in the North East.

• @marlowchair said:
    I’ve gone quiet because the cards have been played and the election will provide a result one way or another.

So do we have an approximate figure on just how big this "loan" is ? and what of the repayment terms ? hopeful its not shades of sharkey tactics here...

• its large enough we won't be able to repay it

• @rmjlondon said:
    its large enough we won't be able to repay it

Or its a fairly standard thing that thry do every year...

• Greetings @bookertease, thicko @micra here. Last sentence of your post of 7.43am - me no understand.

• Just checking @TrueBlu it looks like you joined on October 22nd and are pro- our new owners elect. Do you have a vote?

• Sorry @micra. I thought you may have been of an age to remember. It was a (admittedly obtuse) reference to us potentially slipping down the leagues and playing Bishop Auckland (they used to also - I think - play in light and dark blue quarters). And I also appreciate it doesn't really work as I doubt we will ever end up in the Conference North (or whatever level it is below the National League or whatever its called these days)

• Phew! Thanks for that @bookertease. I was heading for an afternoon of mental torment!

• I'll leave you trying to fathom the inner working/hidden messages behind @LX1's post. I would try but I think I would need a very nice bottle of malt whisky to help and its not recommended at work

• @bookertease, with all the conjecture of us potentially sliding down to Conference South, it's worth remembering that Oxford City recently spent three seasons in the Conference North due to the geographical spread of clubs at the time. Wycombe is not much further south than Oxford.

• Doesn't load for me @Uncle_T , cheers @bluntphil , as this was only 2 days ago do we take it this is in addition to the "help over the difficult period" looks far from ideal and prejudicial to any vote on the face of it.

• Basically its vote yes or club goes under, dont get they they have done this again

• Wendoverman. Yes I’m in favour. But haven’t been a season ticket holder long enough unfortunately.

£500k almost seems like a backhander or possibly bribery to me!!
    You best all say yes. Then we aren’t saddled with another 500k of debt

• Worrying development