Skip to content

Sunderland game looking hopeful

13»

Comments

• Their goalie, Jon McLaughlin, has pulled out of the Scotland squad so can't see it being postponed now.

• @Doob said:
    Their goalie, Jon McLaughlin, has pulled out of the Scotland squad so can't see it being postponed now.

Looks like they pulled him out because they want him for the game rather than being on the scots bench so it must surely be on. Incidentally their reserve goalie ( one of their reserve goalies?) Ruiter has over 200 appearances in the dutch first division. Its ludicrous its been dragged out this long.

• Thats not allowed, scotland can stop him from playing as northern island did with kyle lafferty in the last international break.

• Manager Jack Ross is quoted in the press as saying he spoke to Alex McLeish and McLeish agreed to release the 'keeper so he can play against Wycombe.
    https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/jack-ross-reveals-the-conversation-with-scotland-manager-alex-mcleish-that-led-to-sunderland-boost-1-9436568

• Yeh they have allowed it, he has pulled out he has been released

• I didnt realise Kyle Lafferty played for Orkney Mr @rmjlondon ?

• WW Official have confirmed the deadline has passed, the game is on, 450 tickets sold so far.

• Also "Chairboys fans should note that Saturday's game at Sunderland will NOT be available to watch live on iFollow from inside the UK & Ireland"

Get yourselves to the Stadium of Light if you can!

• Anyone know why this match will not be shown live on ifollow? Other matches on international weekends have been shown, why is this different?

• I don't know but are any of Sunderland's games on iFollow. From memory not all teams use that platform, they don't have to.

• There was a review meeting recently. I don't know the outcome but there don't seem to be any games available this saturday, so perhaps that loophole has been closed. Not sure if tuesday night league games are still available.

sunderland didnt sell Ifollow but still had to make pictures available for away club via the single 'highlights' camera

• Yes Dev, the Charlton game also fell in the same ‘category’, I believe

• I certainly watched that one on iFollow.

• Typical. When you expect it to be available it isn't!
    Making stuff up as they go along.

• @micra FWIW according to an article from The Guardian on 21st August 2018 neither Charlton nor Sunderland, amongst others, use the ifollow platform. Maybe away fans can still watch via ifollow but home fans have to use whatever platform they have signed up to. Who knows?
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/21/what-is-ifollow-football-league

• Hope springs eternal @Twizz. And I don’t mean I hope that Matthew Spring goes on forever.

• The Charlton game was available through Wycombe wasn't it? Despite as @Twizz states that they didn't have their own sign up account.
    So why won't the Sunderland game be then?

• As stated above, Malone, there are no games available this weekend across the leagues. Nothing to do with Sunderland, looks like the loophole that allowed Saturday transmission has now been closed. time will tell whether Tuesday league games are still covered - the LDV games last night were.

• A shame, as while early season Sunderland was the "must do" tick off, the reality of an 11-12 hour round trip and £100s of expense I'm afraid rules it out for me.

Fair play to everyone going. I hope it's Man City -esque.

• As you seem to post quite often about iFollow @Malone I would be interested to know what you would do if it became available in the UK for all matches would you go to live matches?

• Well, apologies for posting so often about it old bean.

Having had a season ticket for 20+ years, it wouldn't stop my home game attendance.

But I have utilised it for the more thankless games like the Checkatrade.
    My match going pals are very sketchy with their away game support, so faced with a solo trip, or a click on a screen, I dare say I'd utilise it for the aways very frequently.