Skip to content

Last time we went 2-0 down and won 3-2 ?

2»

Comments

• That 2nd half against Villa was extraordinary for many reasons. I don't think I've ever seen a side have as lucky a 10 minute spell as Villa had that night. Firstly Tyson who had ran them ragged went off injured, then they scored via a deflection to equalise, followed by a ridiculous own goal to put them ahead and a frankly scandalous penalty decision for their 5th. Around the same time, we had hit the post and had a clear penalty of our own turned down. Suddenly without doing much Villa had turned a 3-2 deficit into a 3-5 lead. After that, we just carried on attacking and Villa picked us off at will.

Much as Gorman' s tactics were criticised, to say fortune favoured Villa that night would be an understatement!

• Highlights of the aforementioned Brentford game. I'd forgotten it featured possibly the most fortuitous goal we've ever 'scored,' and a belter from the fan-hater. What a team that was.

• Incredible game, though I honestly can't remember if I was there or not. I have a slight inkling sod's law made it the one game I missed that whole season, but i'm probably wrong.

That's some shocking defending for our 3rd goal too. The defender ends up half way between smashing clear and taking a touch to control and just gives it away in a critical position.

• I remember that game so well. It was the featured match on the itv digital highlights show that weekend so I remember there being a few extra cameras around that day. We always seemed to have good games vs Brentford!

Apologies if this is BWK, but why is Vinnicombe called fan hater?

• There was an insane 5-3 against reading the season before aswell

• @Last_Quarter he was interviewed by the BFP, i think after he left the club, saying how poorly he thought the fans acted towards Sanchez. To be honest it was more a tool to wind up the dear, departed Al the Pal, but i forget why now.