Skip to content

Last time we went 2-0 down and won 3-2 ?

Im struggling to recall, i recall being 3-0 down at home to Kiddy in 89 and come back to draw.
Im sure our statto's can unearth a time.

Comments

• Official tweeted yesterday, home to Brentford 1 Dec 2001, won 5-3 after being 2-0 and 3-2 down.

• It can legitimately go in the greatest all time comebacks file then.

Something about the earliness of their first goal just adds to the magic.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    Official tweeted yesterday, home to Brentford 1 Dec 2001, won 5-3 after being 2-0 and 3-2 down.

Fond memories of Owusu shinning one into the away end with the goal at his mercy.

• But can anyone recall a game when the opposition scored the first 2 goals, and us the next three ?

• Nearest that instantly comes up is the Macclesfield 3, then us 4.

• edited October 2018

27 Sep 2011 League 1, WW 3-4 Preston, we were two down (7, 9 mins), took the lead (12, 14, 27) but conceded two 2nd half goals (64, 73). Another amazing match.

• In that Preston match Kadeem Harris ran riot down the left in the first half, won a penalty, laid on a goal, and gave right back Connor McLaughlin a right roasting. Gareth scored a goal but didn't celebrate.

• I can recall the Hitachi cup semi final against Kingstonian in 82. We were 2 down from the 1st leg when the K's scored first. We eventually won the 2nd leg 5-3 to take it to a replay in which we lost.
    I recally ex Wanderer Dave Alexander pulling the strings for the k's in midfield.

• Completely off topic, but did we once have 3players sent off against preston and only lose 2-1?

• @ChasHarps said:
    But can anyone recall a game when the opposition scored the first 2 goals, and us the next three ?

3-2 win at Telford in the Conference promotion season springs to mind.

• @bigred87 said:
    Completely off topic, but did we once have 3players sent off against preston and only lose 2-1?

We certainly had three players sent off in one game against them, but i can't remember the final score. Maybe only 1-0.

• @ChasHarps, had a look at the match report and another amazing game. The Ks scored after 5 seconds, all eight goals came in the first half, Bobby Davies replaced an injured Gary Lester at half time and kept a clean sheet until the end of extra time.

• We were 3-1 up against Villa once and then they scored the next 7

• @Ned_Ludd, well remembered, 24 April 93, two down to Telford after 7 minutes (there's a pattern here), Langford, Hutchinson and Langford again put us 3-2 up by 34 minutes.

• @Steve_Peart I remember a rush of goals, couldnt remember they were all in the first half. Whilst on about Dave Alexander who always seemed to be a class act when playing for the K's or Woking against us. It seemed a thing of players who couldnt force a regular place in Brian Lee's succesful side, would come back when were not the force we were, and look very impressive for the opposition.
    Derek harris was always immense for Harrow at full back, and won the title with them. Derek Cotterill at Wokingham was a midfield general who often dictated games against us. And Gavin Fraser always impressed for Carshalton.

• Got a feeling we were 2 down to Kingstonians during our 86/87 title wining season and came back to win 3-2? Certainly I recall a very late Mark West brace sparking frenzied scenes in the Hospital End. We set a club record that day as it was our 13th consecutive win.

• @ChasHarps, yes, Graham MacKenzie for Kiddy too? He and Alexander were unlucky to be at the club when the midfield was stuffed with class acts. Not in the same category because he was the very definition of class for us, but I always remember Keith Searle coming back for Oxford City against us, overweight and slow but still with huge presence and all the old touches intact.

• @Wycombe85, another good one, 27 Dec 86, K's went two up, Jason Seacole pulled one back before half time and West scored two in the last six minutes to win. Noel Ashford was sent off for swearing, K's Richard Parkin also off for a second yellow at the same time. Photo of that: http://thechairboys.wixsite.com/wwfcarchive/1986-august?lightbox=dataItem-jfdinlsu

• @Wycombe85
    Freezing cold game just after Christmas, unusually we were kicking towards the hospital in the 2nd half. The panto villain was the grey haired k's strike Richard Parkin who got sent off. Two late goals saw sensational scenes on the hospital end, didnt think we were ever two down though ????

• Checked the match reports, home and away papers, K's scored 21 (pen) and 24, we scored a minute later. Ref Brian Fish lost control and upset both teams. Twelfth league win on the bounce, then lost 1-0 at Croydon.

• Where Westy got sent off, and an irate Loakes Park terrace legend nearly throttled the ref. Rick Collier's only game for WWFC in goal.

• @eric_plant, that Villa game was when I realised for sure that Gorman was not a winner. Should have shut up shop instead of going for the fourth goal.

• Three players sent off v Preston at home, 23 Nov 96, all in the second half, Crossley, Brown and Evans. Only lost 1-0. Evans went in added time, a ridiculously late challenge, almost as if he was trying to get sent off.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Got a feeling we were 2 down to Kingstonians during our 86/87 title wining season and came back to win 3-2? Certainly I recall a very late Mark West brace sparking frenzied scenes in the Hospital End. We set a club record that day as it was our 13th consecutive win.

Bloody hell I can remember that !! I were a wee lad then, always went to the games with my big brother

• @Steve_Peart said:
    @eric_plant, that Villa game was when I realised for sure that Gorman was not a winner. Should have shut up shop instead of going for the fourth goal.

Who missed the one on one with the keeper that would have made it 4-1? Bloomfield? Not that scoring a fourth would have stopped Gorman going for a fifth!

• @HolmerBlue Yep, I was a kid my myself back then. One of my favourite early memories of supporting the blues. Mark West was always a hero to me after that day!

• Does anyone recall how the scoring went against leek town was it 4-4 or 5-5 in the fa cup feb 86 if memory serves me correctly

• @floyd, either Bloomers or Mooney. Afterwards Gorman justified his gung-ho tactics by saying that the fourth goal was very nearly scored just after the break, which he thought would have killed the game. The first half was just about the most exhilarating 45 minutes I had ever seen, the second half reminded me of the Charge of the Light Brigade, very brave but foolhardy in the face of the big guns, which were now pointing expertly at our weaknesses and picking us off.

• Marvellous piece of memory HolmerBlue.

I too recall that amazing 3-2 win over Kingstonians with Mark West’s very late double, something like 89 and 91 minutes, securing a fantastic win.

I recall it for very good reason, it was my first ever Wycombe match. My loyalty was never going to be in doubt after that introduction.

• The thing I remember from that Villa second half is every chance Villa got they scored. An incredible game.

That Gormania half season where we were top was very frustrating at the time, as we'd constantly outplay teams, but end up drawing. On the ability of that team we should have had a massive lead.
    Still, it was up there with the best football we've seen in our league days.