Skip to content

Match day thread: Scunthorpe

Comments

• Moral of the story:- if you're going to concede silly early goals do it very early and a maximum of two please.

• Well done buddy. Keep it going. It really sets us up. Ps you were still there after all around you disappeared last night. Good on you. ???

• LX1LX1
    edited October 2018

The mystery of the drummer gets stranger everyday!

@johnthehair Where was the drummer last night when this phenomenon occurred and from what vantage point did you get to view it?

• Certainly does @LX1. Guy on coach to Fratton was pointed out to me as Joe the Drummer but when I complimented him on a well written constructive post (under the username of @JoeTheDrummer, or indeed was it @wycombedrummer9 ?) I understood him to say that he didn’t post on the Gasroom. Í dunno ?‍♂️.

• Here are the facts gleaned from this very messageboard:

There is a man with a bronzed six-pack who incessantly bangs his drum bare chested.
    Young folk 'go up to him' and fall in love, and then, in the dead of night, he makes them disappear...

The evidence is mounting. Keep your children indoors and cover their ears. The Pied Piper of old Hamelin town has re-emerged in High Wycombe

• You left a bit out, he also has a friend who absolutely definitely isn’t him.

• Still, I like the drumming. Every little helps.

• I think the drummer should stand for election to the Board.

• I bet he could drum up some votes.

• I was grateful for the drum yesterday, as it drowned out most of the booing from the superfans seven minutes in to yesterday's game.

• He'd snare some for sure

• He's certainly thick-skinned.

• Drumming 2000 style, from the Winter 2000 edition of The Quarterman (Ed. "Hutch"). Where are they now?
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lxxnh5Mzh6Rqo_yyBM83FnpIh-lO1_Ab

• @JoeTheDrummer is the one on the left. He now lives in the good ol US of A.

• Looks like Beanhead with his head down top left.

• Just to confirm on confusion then, was the old drummer Joe, actually at Portsmouth? Or was that someone else? Did he come back from the USA for a brief hol and still took in a Wycombe game?

• He is back in the UK at the moment, but i don't think he was at Portsmouth. He does post as @JoeTheDrummer very occasionally.

• That makes @micra's post very curious then.

Presumably he went up to the shirtless drummer thinking it was Joe.

• Back to the match... CMS’s goal was an incredible piece of work. The skill required to nick it and keep it under control and the nerve to finish it that coolly. What a player.

• Indeed and the confidence to bring the ball under with his head and not feel the need to take an extra touch before finishing.

• @Malone said:
    That makes @micra's post very curious then.

Presumably he went up to the shirtless drummer thinking it was Joe.

It was Tom the drummer that @micra spoke to on the coach to Portsmouth.
    Joe Stevens is still in the USA as far as I know. Last time I saw him was a year or two back, playing golf at Wycombe Heights GC

• @drcongo, he had to head it down twice to get it under control, just in time as the defender was about to tackle, then a great finish. Wonderful sequence of skill starting with robbing the defender. He said in his post-match interview, he wanted to do a Beany run but was just too tired, then Bayo caught up with him.

All three goals were of the very highest standard. Every week I watch the EFL goal highlights and see amazing finishing, wishing we could do that. Yesterday we did.

I wish we shot more often from outside the area. Gape, Morris, Freeman, PCH, Kashket can all score from there, and now Fred.

• @Steve_Peart , we've had more than our fair share of wonder strikes over the last season or so! Check out the highlights if you've forgotten.

• @Malone, I'm sure you're right, I don't remember every goal as well as I used to! But having three outstanding goals in one game is quite rare I think.

• @Steve_Peart , Saturday was certainly high in the quality department!
    I just remember watching back some of last season's goals in a compilation and thinking wow! O Nien himself scored some incredible strikes.

• A cymbal of our team spirit

• Talking of Luke, nice to see him back on the pitch yesterday, and scoring. I was hoping, selfishly, that he would be lost in Sunderland’s reserves and then come back Here on loan in Jan, but good to see him getting a run.

• Bit of work on the training ground I think still needed, those early goals look awful on the highlights. 1st dancing straight through, 2nd as sliced apart.

• Strictly does Bake-off