Skip to content

Sad to see you leave....

2»

Comments

• ‘God’ (Noel Ashford) leaving still hurts. It underscored a dramatic fall from the heights of one of the great Wycombe seasons to the depths of realising we were in no way ready to compete at a national level.

Keith Scott is an interesting one (as previously noted) i was sad (and pleased for him) when he went to Swindon first time. I think I laughed out loud for days when Reading (I think) paid a ridiculous sum of money for him second time.

But getting rid of the odious Alan S*h is head and shoulders above any other departure. Arrogant tt.

• Gutted Mark West never got to play full time, after all he had done for us, also sad when Devine, Simpson and Bulman left... as for happy, like most others mainly managers rather than players.. Smith and Waddock the main two.

• @Jonny_King that whole Devine last year and ending was really sad. He was such an amazing goalscorer, and the "mysterious" manner of that off season knee injury really was gutting. If I remember correctly, Sanchez "rehabbed" him in the starting lineup for ages, and he didn't look half the player.

He eventually flipped over this, benched him, only to see Devine come on and score 2 goals from the bench. He refused to start him in the next game (If I remember, a 0-0 v Cheltenham?) and said the fans "wouldn't have even noticed" if he hadn't just scored those 2 goals, before shipping him to some lowly lot like Exeter?

That Cheltenham game (I think) was also the game a couple of gasroom top names of the time produced a pathetic little A4 home printed "sanchez out" banner, the crappest "banner" of all time.

Sanchez seemed to have the worst contacts in the league, and could only bring players in who had Brentford, Barnet or Wimbledon links, and was pretty much finished when that FA Cup semi lot broke up a bit.
    Shout out to Waddock for having less contacts. "Have you played for Aldershot? You're in"

• But not for long. Class act. I will never forget his goal away to Luton Today CMS Goal of the Season.

• Agree, btw, that Killing Eve was fantastic. I can also recommend 'Fleabag' which is also on iPlayer and by the same writer.

• Sad - Scott McGleish