Skip to content

Match day thread: Fulham Under 21's (EFL Throphy)

Comments

• Thank goodness for this, a football match to talk about!

• How many years until this is a league game?

• @glasshalfempty said:
    How many years until this is a league game?

Depends on investment! ;-)

• @ValleyWanderer , not what he meant I strongly suspect!

• Just the two defenders in the starting XI tonight.

• Thompson and Bean full back?

Kashket Bayo Paris looks exciting. These Fulham kids won't know what's hit them!

• Anyone else struggling with ifollow for this game? I've opened the app and when I click on watch now it says 'due to rights restrictions you cannot view the game from this location '.
    The club tweeted earlier to say it was available to the UK.

• I've just paid and now it's telling me it's not available!

• Anyone trying on their laptop? Or just through phones/tablets?

• Game up fine on the laptop

• WTF is going on with 3CR? Live commentary for three minutes then switched to some asinine pop show.

• 595 tonight with 76 from Fulham. When was the last time we had an attendance that low for a competitive fixture.

• @MindlessDrugHoover Just on FM and MW apparently

• Thanks Phil - it was on the DAB schedule and I got a whole 2 mins of commentary. I'm in Oxford so can't get MW or FM reception unfortunately.

• Not sure what’s going on I’m afraid! It’s wuite surreal here

• Must surely be a record low for a Wycombe game at Adams Park?

• Berks and Bucks Cup aside probably.

• Glad to watch it on ifollow to be honest.
    Would be quite soulless to be in an attendance that low.

Presumably it's the U21 angle that really puts people off, rather than the cup itself?

• I imagine Chelsea U21s might pull a few in, but not Fulham.

• @Malone Having told us you are glad not to be at a 'souless' ground I am not sure you need to speculate on why the crowd is so low. You are one if the missing and to top it all you are justifying the horrendous decision to allow live pay per view coverage.

• Used to attend the LDV / JPT or whatever it was named at the time. Since the intro of U21 / U23 teams I've not attended any matches against those sides and have no interest to be honest.

• Was a bit of a snooze fest online. Fair play to those who went!

Thank goodness for Kashket, another 10mins of pens would have been too much!

The commentators thought it was going to be a monumental walk over early on!

• Yes not our usually excellent commentators best night was it.

Too much dull waffle about the competition format which is well worn territory and a frankly discourteous writing off of the Fulham team's chances.

A bit more focus on the actual game would be nice next time.

• I agree. Found the commentary a bit tedious and repetitive tonight. Sorry! Phil & co.

• You all should have gone it was a good game. Darius Charles played and looked pretty good and glad to report that he also talks a good game on the pitch. The Fulham youngsters were overwhelmed early on but their number 40 scored a cracking long range goal, in off the bar. Shame about the attendance but not much less noise than our supporters made on Saturday.

• And of course we’ve now qualified for the knockout stages and picked up 20 grand in the process.

Not bad for a couple of reserve matches.

• Entertaining evening. Experimental Wycombe line up dominated first half, excellent young Fulham team came back strongly and scored superb equaliser.
    Thought Curtis Thompson was very good at RB and Darius Charles enjoyed an excellent debut. Good revenue for the club despite disappointing gate.

• Bit surprised that anyone local would pay to watch it online, enjoyed it myself in spite of the low crowd. Pleased to see Scott score right at the death, he had several other chances in the second half which didn't quite go for him. Nice to see Darius Charles make his debut as well. Fulham did OK second half, made a game of it. Food in the Beechdean kiosk was a choice of steak pie or chocolate, served by two teenagers who kept getting in each other's way. Apparently the new catering company have started, to be fair the pie was pretty good.

• I really enjoyed the game, yes had a hint of pre-season about it but plenty of positives:
    We played a high tempo passing game with the ball to feet a lot even with Bayo starting, who looked sharper than of late.
    Charles looks good, and vocal which we often lack ( bollocked Scotty K on more than one occasion). Looks like he will start on Saturday to me.
    Scotty took his late winner really well and was lively, even if Charlie did tell him to ‘stop f#*~’in about’ on more than one occasion.
    Another good shift from Thompson.
    The Welsh lad up front ran his socks of and is hard as nails ( think their centre back went off with a broken rib?).
    Cracking save from Yves late on, appart from their wonder goal nothing much troubled the make shift defence.
    In summary, a balmy late summers evenning, no que for a cuppa tea, strait out of the car park at a he end. A win and a squad workout. Best £10’s entertainment on offer in Wycombe on a Tuesday, shame less tha 10% of Saturdays Chairfolk saw fit to put a few more quid into the club coffers.

• Thompson my man of the match tonight: thought he had a very good game. Darius Charles looked good, considering he has not played for a while and this was his first time for Wycombe. The way he was bossing and organising his colleagues was as if he was the regular senior pro and the others were new and needed to be told what to do.