Skip to content

Portsmouth (A) (League One) 2018 / 19 Sat 22/9 - Match 9 - v League Leaders Crowd Predictions

2»

Comments

• As I have said elsewhere as I do not travel and am away for the next two home games (two at home in a row I ask you???) I am expecting them to be the only high scoring victories of the season.

• We’re a borderline bogie (bogey?) side for them. They were dominated apparently by Shrewsbury on Saturday for much of the game and only equalised late on. We will be more solid in midfield than on Saturday. Bayo looked sharper on Tuesday and will almost certainly start, perhaps with Scott Kashket in a 4-4-2. Not sure whether Darius Charles is considered sufficiently match fit yet to play against men but he certainly impressed against the Fulham boys on Tuesday, not least with his authority and guidance in marshalling the defence. Well, it was Sido who was getting all the guidance because he was the only other recognised defender for most of the game. Where was Charlie Fox, I wonder.
    Now sit back and watch all the pessimistic predictors updating their figures.

• Afraid not yet @micra. What worries me at the moment is if we go behind and start to chase the game the better teams in this division, and Potsmouth appear to be one of those, have the ability to open us up at will. We will get better I’m sure. But not for a few games yet I don’t think.

• I hear what you say @bookertease ! You could well be right.
    By the way, I am going to my first away game for several seasons. I’ve been to Fratton Park a couple of times, including the evening of the biblical storm and I’m still on the lookout for someone to have a pint with. I seem to recall that the Good Companion is quite close and generally away fan friendly. If anyone on here is going on the OWWSA coach and interested in having a pint and/or a wee dram, perhaps they could DM me.

• I do hope I’m wrong - I often am! Hope you enjoy the game (and a pint or two)

• Cheers!

• I really hope im wrong....... coyb

• All ticket now so nowhere near 1000

• @railwaysteve A crowd of 18350 with 810 Chairboys

• 18297 with 688 from Wycombe.

• Just arrived in Southsea - took day off.
    Weather is currently windy and fine.

• WWFC have jost tweeted there will be 735 Chairboys there tomorrow.

• Think I will amend my away prediction to 735

• edited September 2018

18 Predictions so far - @DevC wins a mention already for predicting 734 Chairpersons.

Shame about the game becoming all ticket at the last minute - I guess that was because it is likely to sell out for Portsmouth fans. I thought this would be a hard one to judge.

This game now presents an opportunity to be very close to the actual figure if anyone can work out how the maximum number of seats they can sell in the segregated away end. Although it may end up easier to be more accurate with Accrington away game because those numbers will most likely be so much smaller.

With 735 of us in 980 seats should make for a good atmosphere.

Small print -
    No changes for anyone who has predicted.
    Last prediction allowed at 14:30 on this occasion only - I think that is when the singing will start.

I am going to post a 2 - 2 prediction on the @DevC thread.

Safe journey to all those who are coming.

Up the Blues.

• COME ON WYCOMBE!!!

We're going to win tomorrow

• 18,673 total crowd, with 739 chair enthusiasts in the away end.

• 17,642, with 832 in the away end.

• ... that’ll teach me for not reading the whole thread first.

• We are more than capable of getting 18k on our own
    So add your paltry amount to thst

• Ooooh, get him/her !

• So are we @Portchyblu, we simply choose not to.

• Ah - welcome to @Portchyblu. Our quality over quantity any day. @rmjlondon is worth 7 million that is why he has London in his name.

Spreadsheet updated and now in order of the total crowd. We are saying 18216 at the moment.

Might not update before the game but anything posted before 14:30 will count towards the Tour de Season.

• @railwaysteve either the link at the top of the thread doesn't show the updated table, or you have missed my prediction from yesterday.
    Anyway, enjoy the match to all who are going and hopefully a win for the Blues.

• 19845 with 735 from wycombe..(whistle) 2-2 score.

• it was 18,648 with 749 Chairboys.

• @ValleyWanderer - Take a bow, only 18 off!

• edited September 2018

A most excellent game and excellent predicting - I think that this was one the of more difficult games all season to get right - not just for us poor misguided predictors but also for the men in white on the field.

So there were 21 attendances guesses: I mean well thought out logical reasoned predictions.
    @ValleyWanderer was the closest 18 out with 18630. I have a programme for you sir to savour. I will message you once I have written this.

Hounourable mentions for those who were within a 100 - @ReadingMarginalista only 25 away with 18673; then @Manboobs, @Thicketblue, @railwaysteve and @Twizz.

Not surprising nobody got the away crowd right - @Glenactico was closest with 743.

If @Portchyblu reads this he be reassured that we demonstrated that with attendance it is quality of the fans which counts and so he or she won't be so downcast that 101 of the certain 18k got lost in the rain.

@micra gets a special mention for correctly predicting the score and for his birthday. Salutations Sir and I hope your celebratory meal tomorrow is as least as good as today and not so wet.

There is an attendance thread up for the crowd for Norwich League Cup game - might be easier predict than this one was.

• Many thanks for the good wishes @railwaysteve. I’ll catch up with the predictions when all the excitement has petered out.

• I had a bit of a stinker at Fratton Park.
    I misheard the tannoy announcement as 18,248 (2 less than my prediction) - it was actually 18,648 - and overestimated the Wycombe contingent by 50.