Skip to content

Taking a second penalty in a match..good or bad?

2»

Comments

• in 2009 Matt Harold missed a second penalty against Brentford. The keeper that day was one Wojciech Szczęsny, currently of Juventus and Poland.

• As Paul Hart has just left Luton to take up one of those director of technical footballing coaching adviser jobs at County, I would assume der management are already preparing for the end of the Kewell era.

• @Wendoverman said:
    As Paul Hart has just left Luton to take up one of those director of technical footballing coaching adviser jobs at County, I would assume der management are already preparing for the end of the Kewell era.

Paul Hart was Kewell's choice, mentor from Leeds youth team days, very highly rated back in the day before a fairly poor management career.

• I always thought Scott Rendell, generally underwhelming for us though he was, was an excellent penalty-taker. But the only time I can remember him missing one was at home to Crewe in 10/11 when he tried the same start-stop run-up trick for his second penalty as he had for his first and the keeper waited for him and then duly saved it.

Did he miss any others?

• @our_frank said:
    I always thought Scott Rendell, generally underwhelming for us though he was, was an excellent penalty-taker. But the only time I can remember him missing one was at home to Crewe in 10/11 when he tried the same start-stop run-up trick for his second penalty as he had for his first and the keeper waited for him and then duly saved it.

Did he miss any others?

Rendell was great at penalties and heading. Not much else. He was a useful player though

• Since 2000 I think Wycombe have had 4, Dean Morgan being the only one to convert his second

• @StrongestTeam indeed...and ideally placed when a lacklustre campaign looks to be heading towards relegation?