Skip to content

FRED Onyedinma Signs until January

Comments

• See comments on Charlie Fox thread.

• Brilliant signing.

• That is a wow signing, thought he was getting on well there.

• Delighted with this, although reading the Millwall forum you'd think we'd just signed a donkey:

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/fred-to-where.31767/

• How many attackers have we got!!!!

• Great news on both signings, although I may be misremembering, but didn't Fred start off blistering and then fall away a bit as he became Wycombised?

• @OxfordBlue The posters on that forum certainly seem to hold Fred in very low regard.

• He might want his song back

• Maybe Tyson is out for a while?

• He scored 8 goals in no time at all, I think, but I gather he was not too happy as a young lad (17?) in digs in Downley. Of course there is the “Academy” house now and he is several years older of course. Big lad now. 6’1” according to Wikipedia.
    Horses for courses also perhaps.

• @bigred87 said:
    Maybe Tyson is out for a while?

Thought Tyson was "close"? Even stated that he was a week or two ahead of expectations?
    Maybe that was to head up F&B?

• What a delightful family bunch the Millwall fans seem to be...no undercurrent of racism in some of the comments at all!

• He was a joy to watch in the snow up at Bury

I think this is lovely news. You can never have too many players that you really want to go along to watch. We've got plenty of those now and Fred is definitely another

• Millwall fans I know have never been fans of Fred.

• It speaks volumes of Gareth that so many loanees and promising playes are delighted to come back.
    Can't remember who it was who said it, but a poster quoted a percentage of how many players have played for us and come back, and it was surprisingly high!

No idea how we're going to fit 8 (?) attackers into the front 3 though! Even with the occasional injuries of a few of them.

• Eight attackers two defenders...lots of goals...perhaps Gaz has been reading my earlier posts...

• Solve the problem by playing a right back up front?

• @eric_plant Yes indeed, he scored a cracking equaliser that day, muscling through like a natural born striker, after Mawson had got himself stuck in the gloop on the goal line for their opener.

I know some are only here til Jan, but at the moment we've got ourselves quite some squad... GA has a fighting chance of mid-table or higher with this lot.

• Am I missing something from Ainsworth here? Fred is a great signing, but we now have 9 attackers, which seems absurdly over the top:

• Bayo
    • Kashket
    • CMS
    • Tyson
    • PCH
    • Freeman
    • Williams
    • Samuel
    • Onyedinma

How do you fit them all in a matchday squad? I reckon Freeman, PCH, and Samuel will get very little game time now which is a shame, particularly for Freeman

• clear commitment to going in all guns blazing in all cups (even The Tradesmen’s Reserves Trophy or whatever it’s called now). What’s not to love.

• I'd counted 8, ludicrously missing Williams out again!

But we are certainly stacked. Even for the inevitable 2 who will injured most weeks that's a lot to cram in.
    Another defender in too, Charles hasn't played yet, we're getting a really tasty looking squad.

• Anyone checked if Nico Yenarris and Josh Scowen are starting regularly?

• Cracking couple of signings (I didn't see any of our pre-season games, but gather Fox stood out.) We certainly needed some defensive cover if we're going to stick with a back five and it will be good to have a naturally left-sided CB.

Looking forward to seeing how Fred has come on since 2015. Looks increasingly like GA is planning to just go full Gormania on teams in League One. Bring on the 4-3 wins!

How nice that GA has a genuine selection headache for Saturday. There's going to be some good, fit players not even getting in the matchday 18.

• @PBo Can we start entering the Berks and Bucks again as well?

Still the only trophy I've ever seen Wycombe win.

• @Jonny_King said:
    @PBo Can we start entering the Berks and Bucks again as well?

Was hoping they'd have another go at the San An cup, or the London fives.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Jonny_King said:
    @PBo Can we start entering the Berks and Bucks again as well?

Was hoping they'd have another go at the San An cup, or the London fives.

Anglo-Italia perhaps?

• I was thinking the same earlier, but mainly because we haven’t had a genuine squad for so long and we’ve gotten used to just naming whichever 18 manage to be fit for Saturday.

With a slightly extended run in the League Cup, a determination to take the FLT seriously, and a rigorous league schedule, we’ll need all the help we can get.

• When have we played 5 at the back so far this season? It's been a flat back 4 in every game so far.

• @WanderingDays said:
    Am I missing something from Ainsworth here? Fred is a great signing, but we now have 9 attackers, which seems absurdly over the top:

• Bayo
    • Kashket
    • CMS
    • Tyson
    • PCH
    • Freeman
    • Williams
    • Samuel
    • Onyedinma

How do you fit them all in a matchday squad? I reckon Freeman, PCH, and Samuel will get very little game time now which is a shame, particularly for Freeman

I think as has happened so far, Bayo will generally be used from the bench with CMS taking the central role. Kashket, with his long standing injury problems will be used sparingly in an effort to keep him available for most of the season. Tyson has had injury problems which due to his style of play may re-occur if overused. PCH again regularly gets injured. Freeman hasn't entirely established himself as a starter yet. Williams is class but will be going back in January. Samuel is one for the future. Onyedinma will be hopefully a more reliable and injury free option.

Bearing in mind that overall we will be playing around 54 games this season, there should be plenty of game time for all of them. We will be able to regularly rest certain players without weakening the team, which generally we haven't be able to do in recent years