Skip to content

League Cup - 3rd round draw - 7pm

2»

Comments

• Bit boring, but winnable. Oxford got Man City...

• Well that’s underwhelming.

• We all said Preston at home was winnable. Very underwhelming draw. Every chance we will lose 3-0 in front of about 3000 fans. Just about the worst draw possible

• Winnable, as @Shev rightly says. It's Norwich reserves, remember... I can wait for the last 16, for the 'big tie'

• @Tom said:
    We all said Preston at home was winnable. Very underwhelming draw. Every chance we will lose 3-0 in front of about 3000 fans. Just about the worst draw possible

Fair point, but I think we have a better squad than last season, and Norwich this year are worse than Preston last year so far. If we can win it, it will be worth it!

• Definitely winnable, IF (big if) the club promote it properly and there is a good atmosphere.

• edited August 2018

Not quite the big draw we were after, but by no means the worst draw we could have had!

Please let there be enough interest to at least open all stands!

• Ropey old draw.

Oops wrong thread.

• We’d all have loved a big Premier league club but I can’t understand some of the negativity. Norwich are a well respected and well supported Championship club who were playing in the PL not long ago and I’ll take a bet that we get more than 3,000.

• Norwich at least supplies some sort of links, with O Neill and Scott, and brings back memories of the FA Cup clash v them in the early to mid 90s.

• As far as I know Russell Martin is still at Norwich after his loan spell at Rangers ended. Let’s hope that Delia has to go onto our pitch st HT for another rendition of her infamous ‘Where are ya? Let’s be ‘avin ya!’.

• Judging by recent comments on here, Delia should come and give some advice on how to cater for football fans.

• Perhaps she could put in a shift in one of our burger bars!

• Is it winnable?

• All games are winnable but some more winnable than others

• People talk about it being a “winnable game”. With home advantage it’s also a perfectly “drawable” game with a 50:50 chance of going through on penalties! Removing the extra-time element has moved any advantage slightly more towards the lesser teams.

• The young Wycombe lad on the Sky Sports draw programme may be right when he said it would go to penalties. I would certainly take that now, not sure which keeper I would prefer, probably Kala.

• Rocky dived the right way for each of the FGR penalties, saving 2. I would back either to give a good account of themselves in any shootout. However, I would be wondering, having won 2 from 2 so far, whether our luck would hold for a third time in a row. Let’s hope we remove any lottery from the equation by getting the job done in 90 mins this time.

• Anyone remember the 2010 game v Norwich at home in the league? A truly magnificent performance by Scott Shearer in goal. The Canaries won 1-0 and although Wycombe hit the post it could have been 1-4 or 1-5 but for save after save by Shearer. The Norwich fans gave him a standing ovation at the end.

• I don't remember anything about that game, although I'd have almost certainly been there

I remember the FA cup game in 1994. A comfortable victory for the Canaries that day, with a young Chris Sutton particularly impressive for the away side

Not too bad a draw this anyway, gives us half a chance of getting through and will be a big night for Ipswich boy Matt Bloomfield

• @a40 said:
    Not sure what the blues have done to upset this chap...

https://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk/interactive/board/mobile-message.php?pid=3060158

It's not a chap. Apparently it's Deliah herself after experiencing one of our kiosk burgers

• @A_Worboys I remember that game. Seem to remember Beavon missed a great chance or maybe hit the post late in the game and they promptly took it up the other end of the pitch and scored the winner.

Shearer wasn't the best but he certainly had a superb game that night, easily his best in a Wycombe shirt.

Seem to remember some tiny kid who was almost smaller than the ball being popular with the away end during the HT penalty shootout.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Seem to remember some tiny kid who was almost smaller than the ball being popular with the away end during the HT penalty shootout.

That was Richie!

• Easy to forget Shearer got in the PFA team of the year for the 2008-09 season.