Skip to content

League Cup - 3rd round draw - 7pm

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Those 2, Everton, Man City away as top 5 choices.
    Chelsea/Arsenal aways next.

Failing that, the crappest team left at home, say Oxford?

• We can't play ourselves Malone.

• Is the draw on radio at all does anyone know, as well as sky?

• I think we could draw four PL teams we haven't played before, Everton, Arsenal, Palace and Man U. Happy with any of those away, less so with Palace. Bound to be Millwall away.

• Arsenal reserves away would be fine.

• Roughly a 1 in 5 chance of drawing one of the Big Six, but so many other tasty prospects too. Man United or Arsenal tops for me.

• @drcongo , are you saying Oxford are better than us? Shame on you

• Leicester away, simply because I could just hop on a bus to that one.

• Hope the boys video the draw like we did Spurs and we get a big fish away. Cup killing giants, we know what we are!

• Will be delighted with a fairly big team away, that we either haven't ever played, or not for a while.

• Possible divided loyalties aside. Forest away for me!

• Wouldn't mind Spurs away for the travel.

• I think I heard somewhere that Spurs are in a bit of a predicament if they're drawn at home because their ground won't be ready and Wembley is not available

• I don't mean to have missed the vibe and don't want to be more of a miserable old git than usual, but genuine question.

Are you genuinely excited at the prospect of an away match against a bunch of kids in a famous shirt (possibly with an old pro or two you had long forgotten) in a mickey mouse cup or is it just the prospect of a good payday?

• Fair enough, HC. To be honest payday only for me.

• edited August 2018

I'd have been more surprised if your attitude wasn't that Dev! The game going fans will be delighted with a big club draw, whoever they field. That doesn't water it down for us!

• fair enough Malone. League Cup is such low status these days that I wonder how much difference there would be between say Arsenal in the league cup and Arsenal in the LDV. Lets hope its a moneyspinner though. Do Sky do a TV game at this stage?

• They did games at the previous rounds!

• Did they? Lets hope we get one of those then.

• edited August 2018

There are a few in there who would check both the interesting opponent or one we haven’t played before and big payday boxes.

We’ll probably getMacclesfield away.

• everyone's getting a lot better at not responding to Dev's increasingly obvious wind ups

I'm proud of us all

• Macclesfield away please

• Man u away just because we got him the sack would be a laugh.

• As long as we beat them I would be quite happy whomsoever was wearing a famous shirt...at some point the big boys have to take it seriously when they realise they cannot win the league and I would like us still to be in it at that point!

• Everton home or away I'm not to fussy...

• @ryan_w_kirkby yup I must admit, money for the club issues aside I quite like a full Adams Park baying at higher league stars...

• @Steve_Peart said:
    I think we could draw four PL teams we haven't played before, Everton, Arsenal, Palace and Man U. Happy with any of those away, less so with Palace. Bound to be Millwall away.

We've actually played Crystal Palace first team in the league before Mr Peart, although it was way back in 1905-06 season in the Southern League

• Well spotted @RogertheBandito, I should know better!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.