Skip to content

Luton Town (h) (League One) 2018 / 19 - Match 6 - Sat 01/09/2018 - Attendance Predictions

2»

Comments

• 5002 which includes 1001 Hatters

• Not sure about the wisdom of that, Harry.

• 6732, with 1813 misguided fools who have each misplaced the letter ‘t’.

• 30 predictions now and spreadsheet update. 14:02 for counting predictions.

Big game and against a 'big' club with an ideas and boot size mismatch. If I was feeling sharp I might manage a hat size comment. Big crowd predicted, we say between 5000 and 7000 and we say three quarters of the support will be ours. No reason why we shouldn't win.

Recent predictions have increased our total crowd prediction to 6043 with 1645 'ha'ers'.

See what we say here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SqK5eHqInc1MAtA5nYbVRWaSbxIH2joYyRPCeqXL7z0/edit?usp=sharing

Lets make some noise.

• “With a sold out away attendance and a large home expected, let's hope for a cracker vs the Hatters!” how many away tickets are available again?

• @NorsQuarters said:
    “With a sold out away attendance and a large home expected, let's hope for a cracker vs the Hatters!” how many away tickets are available again?

1,800 according to Luton fans.

• It's 6,072 with 1,702 Hatters.

• 4400 not too bad home turnout and an improvement on the diappointing gate against Rovers

• There’s no way there were actually 4400 Home fans there today. My block in the Frank Adams was almost empty.

• Quite, @drcongo. I can't believe that figure: I was shocked at how sparsely populated both side stands were.

• On the other hand, the centre sections of the FA were pretty well populated.
    At Bradford last week, the attendance was given as 15 and a half thousand, no way was that the case, more like 12 I thought.
    In both cases, some S/T holders still on holiday, while some, especially Bradford fans, might not turn up every week, particularly if they've bought the S/T on a cheap deal (also the case with our free kids tickets).

• @MBS - congratulations on a very close prediction of the total crowd with a prediction of 6066.
    Excellent work. There is a token prize of the lapel badge of the game which I think that in this case could be worn with pride. I will send you a message.

@braywanderer was only ten out with 6082 and @Cecil, @robin, @NorsQuarters, @YorkExile, @EwanHoosaami, @mooneyman, @Twizz and @ForeverBlue were all within a 100 so this match will count come end of the season.

I would like to contact the club about how the attendance is calculated with regard to season ticket holders. It would make this game a bit more transparent for one thing. Anyone have a suggestion about the best way to do this.

Good game as many others have mentioned. Good crowd with a very good atmosphere from us.
    The result wasn't quite what we wanted but there is more to come and it was a very marked improvement on last year.

• Anyone with a season ticket who does not attend every game should not be allowed an FA Cup ticket. (This post is available for recycling on the FA CUP FIASCO thread later in the season.)

• Thanks @railwaysteve , kudos to all for an average prediction which was also very close. Perhaps Mr Average could have his own place on the leaderboard?

• The attendance has included STHs, whether present or not, and has done for years. It’s tickets sold, not people thru the gate.

• I'm not sure how they could tell if STHs turned up at the minute as the Frank Adams turnstile I use seems to have a young man looking at the ticket saying 'Beep' instead of the usual bar code scanner.