Skip to content

WHC latest scores and luton (home)

2»

Comments

• Wycombe 2 Luton 1.

My first competitive game of the season, thanks to family holidays - I'm starting to get excited already, in a way which is probably far too juvenile for someone in (optimistically) late middle age.

• Not sure what that makes me @Wig_and_Pen ! Infantile, I suppose, and the trouble is that, over many decades, I have discovered that excited anticipation is often followed by disappointing performances and results. I’m sticking rigidly to my WHC prediction though. 2-2.

Incidentally, there must be mixed feelings among Wycombe fans about the possibility that DDH may not have recovered from the hamstring injury that forced him off at half time on Saturday. Always helps the atmosphere to have a pantomime villain in the opposition ranks.

• I'll enjoy the afternoon much more if DDH doesn't put in an appearance.

• As I say, mixed.

• Seconded. A pantomime villain like, say, Ellison, makes the game more entertaining, as @micra says. DDH, though, goes beyond just pantomime villainary. He is a nasty, vile little man who ruins the game with his cheating and fondness for antagonism.

It would be a much better game as a spectacle without him.

• I agree, @Jonny_King. Plus, despite being my least favourite footballer, he's also a real danger.

• I agree.

• What @Jonny_King (and everyone else) said