Skip to content

WHC latest scores and luton (home)

Excellent first win of the season for the boys predicted by six of us with three correct scores.

Special mention to Mooneyman for a second successive correct score prediction. He deservedly jumps to places to go three places clear at the top.

special mention too to Dr Congo, previously propping up the table but a correct score sees him leap seven places to lower mid table.

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
1 Mooneyman 16 7 2
2 Forever blue 13 -1 -1
3 Micra 8 -1 -1
4 Wig and Pen 7 -1 0
5 Railway Steve 6 5 6
6 Oxford Blue 5 -2 0
7 Twizz 5 5 6
8 NorsQuarters 5 7 11
9 Booker Tease 4 -3 -4
10 York exile 4 -2 -3
11 DevC 2 -3 -3
12 LX 1 -1 -2
13 Onlooker 1 3 4
14 ned Ludd 0 -2 -5
15 Shev -1 -1 -1
16 Dr Congo -2 7 7
17 Uncle T -3 -3 -5
18 HolmerBlue -3 -1 -3
19 Thicket blue -3 -1 -3
20 Chris -3 -1 -2
21 Johnny King -3 5 0
22 Wendoverman -7 -1 -2
23 Manboobs -10 -1 -1

After two fine away performances, back to AP for the visit of Luton. Can the boys keep the good run going. Predictions here please.

Comments

• I'm going for 2-2.

• Good Lord I’m last. As a former Luton resident with several Town friends, I predict the appalling scummers will be given a pasting. 3-0 the Mighty Mighty Wycombe.

• Wycombe 1 Luton 1

• Wycombe 1 - Luton 2

• going for a 3-2 Wycombe win, COYB!!!!

• Wycombe 2 - Luton 1

• Wycombe 2 - 1 Luton

• Wycombe 3 Luton 1

• Wycombe 2 - Luton 1

• Wycombe Wanderers 4 - 2 Luton Town

• Wycombe 2 Luton 1

• Wycombe 2 - Mouth-breathers 1

Also, did I miss a post where the scoring was explained?

• edited August 2018

@drcongo - @DevC put an explanation of the rules in his very first post in the first charity score predictions thread. I had to look them up last night.

Seeing as this is the glorious gasroom ,when we get our heads round the rules, we might now debate whether it would have been 'better' to predict every game last season as 3 - 2 to us or every game as 1 - 1. I think the rules open up some opportunities for fun.

• First attempt I'll play it safe 1-1

• Thanks railway.
    For Dr C and Ox66, ryan benefit, and perhaps others, scoring is
    Home win predicted 4 pts
    Away win 5pts
    Draw 6 pts
    Bonus for getting right score 2pts
    1pt lost for each goal margin wrong (eg predict a 1-0 home win actual result 2-1 away win, score -2
    No prediction - score -2 (I wish i had scored this element differently but will stick with the initial rules)

Ryan and Ox66 you are very welcome indeed to join but you do need to be aware that this competition is intended as a fund raiser for Wycombe Homeless Connection, https://www.wyhoc.org.uk/donate. The minimum donation requested is £10. I am obviously not checking but i would ask that you, and anyone else who hasn't yet get round to doing so, make a donation at their site .

The good news is that so far by not entering a prediction for the first five games, Ox and Ryan have done no worse than Manboobs who has,,,,,,,,

• If you want to change the no prediction penalty I’m sure no one would mind.

• Wycombe 4-3 Luton

• forgot to give my prediction
    wyc 1 luton 2

• Wycombe 1-1 Luton

• On the basis of what happened last time I made a positive prediction I am reluctant to do this. But...
    2-1 Wycombe

• Thanks @DevC. I blame you for the fact that I cheered Bradford’s late goal though.

• Interesting observation that it would be beneficial to maybe take a new name and start again!
    Yesterday was my most optimistic prediction yet (2:2) and was delighted to have been proved too cautious. OK, so the shackles are off. WW 3 Luton 2.

• @DevC said:
    Thanks railway.
    For Dr C and Ox66, ryan benefit, and perhaps others, scoring is
    Home win predicted 4 pts
    Away win 5pts
    Draw 6 pts
    Bonus for getting right score 2pts
    1pt lost for each goal margin wrong (eg predict a 1-0 home win actual result 2-1 away win, score -2
    No prediction - score -2 (I wish i had scored this element differently but will stick with the initial rules)

Ryan and Ox66 you are very welcome indeed to join but you do need to be aware that this competition is intended as a fund raiser for Wycombe Homeless Connection, https://www.wyhoc.org.uk/donate. The minimum donation requested is £10. I am obviously not checking but i would ask that you, and anyone else who hasn't yet get round to doing so, make a donation at their site .

The good news is that so far by not entering a prediction for the first five games, Ox and Ryan have done no worse than Manboobs who has,,,,,,,,

Ok no probs will do a donation shortly

• 1-1 for me

• 2-1 home win. I already needs a surge to get me out of trouble.

• Wycombe 2 Luton 2

• Big club visits town - predicted outcome - they win but we get all three points with a score of Wycombe 2 Luton 1.

CMS and Bayo to score.

• A 2-2 draw but with Nathan Jones claiming a 4-0 win.

• 1-1. Luton last minute equaliser with their fans running all over the pitch and pulling down the goalposts