Skip to content

Bryn Morris

What a gem GA seems to have found in Morris. Shrewsbury fans voicing their disbelief again today

Comments

• No chance the loan gets extended to a season at this point, so let's make hay while the sun shines!

• He will only have 6 months left of his contract at Shrewsbury when we get to January. Surely no more than 100k and a sell on fee would suffice. Assuming the boy enjoys it here and keeps on playing you’d fancy it as a possible gape/McCarthy surprise signing moment.

• We're not out of the woods to be shelling out fees too often though are we?
    McCarthy would have taken one, but can we just lash 100k out? Unless we have news from the ownership thing, or have a good cup run?

• @Vincey said:
    He will only have 6 months left of his contract at Shrewsbury when we get to January. Surely no more than 100k and a sell on fee would suffice. Assuming the boy enjoys it here and keeps on playing you’d fancy it as a possible gape/McCarthy surprise signing moment.

Only about £100K out of our price range then! Surely if they don’t want him and he wants to come here there won’t be a fee involved. Long way off tho...

• If they are settled without him and he indicates he wants to come back next season on a free or compo then maybe something could happen in January relatively cheaply, sure people will be claiming he's rubbish and X player is miles better in a few weeks time, and then he's a world beater, and then he's rubbish again so no rush just yet.

• @floyd said:

@Vincey said:
    He will only have 6 months left of his contract at Shrewsbury when we get to January. Surely no more than 100k and a sell on fee would suffice. Assuming the boy enjoys it here and keeps on playing you’d fancy it as a possible gape/McCarthy surprise signing moment.

Only about £100K out of our price range then! Surely if they don’t want him and he wants to come here there won’t be a fee involved. Long way off tho...

That’s what I thought prior to McCarthy’s arrival.

• Crowd funding might do it.......ah yes the 500 Club idea again. I'll contribute.

• Sadly, @ValleyWanderer, there seemed little appetite for 500-18 last season but crowdfunding for a specific player (if that is permitted within the law and/or EFL Regulations) would surely be worth considering.

• I worry that the Trust meeting agenda this week will put talk of further six figure transfer fees into perspective .

• So trev's 'fourth choice shrewsbury midfielder' seems to be doing okay then?

• Slightly better than OK perhaps. Hope no-one will describe his departure as a disaster.

• The timing of the run into the box for his goal was a joy to behold.

• As was the absence of any defenders in the middle of the box.

• That long shot he has on him has potential to really make a difference. Even if only one in 20 goes in, the loose balls that come back out from keepers too scared to catch could fall to anyone.

• Especially like the face in hands but certainly some classics

• Great rapport between two players who’d only met very recently. Love the kit. Bradford probably thought they were playing Leeds.

• Randall Williams must surely know that he will not be troubling the Watford first team. He has come from non-league to division 1 is a great step up already in his football education, and possibly not the end of his climb. I am sure GA has measured his attitude and knows he's a good fit for us for the longer term. Each time I see him play he impresses me more and would love to see him a permanent signing at some point.

• @floyd said:
    The timing of the run into the box for his goal was a joy to behold.

That's just what I was thinking. It might not have been the best connection on the volley, but that run was reminiscent of Peter Murphy a few seasons ago. And how we can do with a player of his ilk at the moment.

• @drcongo said:
    That long shot he has on him has potential to really make a difference. Even if only one in 20 goes in, the loose balls that come back out from keepers too scared to catch could fall to anyone.

Even just having a player known to have that in their locker can make the opposition overcommit players to close them down, and that can make room for others to exploit.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Randall Williams must surely know that he will not be troubling the Watford first team. He has come from non-league to division 1 is a great step up already in his football education, and possibly not the end of his climb. I am sure GA has measured his attitude and knows he's a good fit for us for the longer term. Each time I see him play he impresses me more and would love to see him a permanent signing at some point.

That must be very much on the cards and would certainly atone for the one that got away about ten years ago and wound up playing for Watford and, I think, Scotland (whose name escapes me but who was also a young, shortish attacking wide player).

• Anya? Can't spell first name but started with an I?

• Ikechi Anya

• Spot on with that one Chas.

• Another victim of Donkey Adams' reign. That lad had clear ability and was one of a number of player ditched by Adams who went on to play at a higher level.

• hmmm......I can't remember one fan who at the time thought it was a poor decision to release Anya

• Ah the gasroom cycle. Hooray new signing! Never heard of him. Can't get in xxxxx team. Hope gaz knows what hes doing. Looked poor to me. Not impressed. Oh wow! Excellent last two games. Great! Oh no we've only got him for five months what was gaz thinking? We'll never keep him now...

• @eric_plant Well I liked him anyway! Possibly because it was just so refreshing to have a player willing to run at defences.

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I remember him doing pretty well with the few opportunities he got. Won some sort of award didn't he? Apprentice of the year for Div 2 or something?

• However you recall him he was certainly one that got away.

• Apologies to Bryn Morris. I blame @TheAndyGrahamFanClub !