Skip to content

Trust Meeting September 12th

Comments

• If you are going to have a hedge fund in control of your football club, then don't have one which has an unswerving propensity for poor business decisions:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/23/coventry-city-sisu-homeless-future-wasps-ricoh-stadium

• edited October 2018

Sorry, crossed with @Pbo's post on same, ignore this one.

• I go away a lot micra-I have a life?

• Morning.

Does anyone know when we will get the Frank Adams Legacy Limited results?

Sorry if these have been posted elsewhere.

It is good the Trust board have given us some results to look at before the AG.M.

They could have done so for the last three years but decided against it.

Perhaps one of the officials could tell us why?

I took it upon myself to read AFC Wimbledon accounts and notes. They explain things very well and show how a sensible approach to League 1 can result in a sustainable model, let's see if they stay up.

On the bid front Mr. Stroud got out of a new 4x4 at Walsall car park - all dressed up to the nines believed to be with Martin Copus, acting as agent on behalf of the Saudis at M Buzz Sports.

Bill Luby's hedge fund people are expecting to be coming over shortly, possibly for The Posh but more likely for the Oxford match midweek.

The silly idea of setting up mini-meetings with pre-screened candidates from The Fans Council etc. has mercifully been dropped for the moment.

And the best news of all is they still haven't managed to nab Marlow Chair!

• What is the relevance of the way Mr.Stroud was dressed or the car he was driving or the person he was ‘believed’ to be with? It’s so pleasing to see that you don’t have a personal vendetta against anyone.

• edited October 2018

Quite. You might have an entirely reasonable point @NiceCarrots but the way you go about things is off-putting.

• To say the least.

• @blucket said:
    I go away a lot micra-I have a life?

Lucky you ?

• Why would a U.S. hedge fund want to buy a majority stake in W.W.F.C. and how will they generate a return on their investment?

The sudden enthusiasm to increase the number legacy members is also a concern.

• Those are understandable questions and concerns @NiceCarrots which I imagine most of us share. We wait to be convinced.

• Give it a rest @NiceCarrots you are getting really tedious now. What car do you drive? Are you a secondhand car salesman?

• I really think it is a good thing that the people eligible to vote are being given a chance to do so. Don’t look for issues where there aren’t any.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Give it a rest @NiceCarrots you are getting really tedious now. What car do you drive? Are you a secondhand car salesman?

I thought he was a greengrocer!

• Would anyone expect Mr Stroud to be getting out of a banged up Ford Fiesta, wearing some ripped jeans and a t shirt?

• @Malone - you’ve been spying on me.

• I think its a small thing to ask Trevor to dress appropriately for his meetings. Saudi - Lawrence of Arabia. US backers - uncle Sam. Transparency is very important

• No transparent clothes, please.

• Unless they are convincingly believeable, realistic and supported by evidence of reliability, funding and good references to previous activity, I will be treating any promises that potential investors may choose to clothe their ownership bids in as being clothing of "The Emperor's New ..." variety.

• The fact of the matter is we have no idea who wants in -or why - or how much money they've got - or what their motives are, so until we do and we can assess and make our response, businessmen having meetings with other businessmen in suits, Christmas jumpers, purple tracksuits or smart casual is not, for me anyway, a sign we are hurtling off a cliff. (Although we might be, of course.)

• Rufus Smalls couldn't hit the back of a Renault Espace

• It's nice to know that cutting one's cloth accordingly does not just apply to the doomsday prophecy of the Conference South...

• @micra typo? Or can you translate?

• If we are having serious conversations with investors, I'd expect Mr Stroud to dress smartly to meet them.

I'd be more concerned if he was turning up to meetings with them in a pair of shagged out jeans and an old t-shirt covered in food stains.

• Failed attempt at yankee accent. Rarely works in print ?‍♂️

• @NiceCarrots Bill Luby and his American colleagues manage a private equity fund, not a hedge fund. There's a world of difference - hedges are generally interested in short-term profit and asset striping, private equity (or venture capital) funds generally look to invest longer term and turn failing companies around. The latter are infinitely preferable to the former. Sisu at Coventry are a hedge fund - and that's a route we definitely don't want to go down - but most investment in English football clubs comes from private equity.

On another point, do the visits from bigwigs from both the US and Saudi consortia mean both teams are still interested? The impression had been given that at least one had pulled out following the Trust meeting last month.

• @OxfordBlue - you’ve also been spying on me. Only this morning my daughter was speculating on what we’d had for dinner yesterday.

• Thanks for that important enlightenment @aloysius.

• A new 4x4 eh. Dressed up to the nines too!!!!
    What a load of provocative drivel. Only thing missing from a News of the World story is the fake Sheik.
    What would happen if you really did have a grudge? I think you are giving every bit of vide cre needed as to why you weren't wanted.

• The only advice I would give Trevor is...if the Saudi group don't win, don't accept any invitation to go and pick up any documents from the Consulate.