Skip to content

Trust Meeting September 12th

Comments

• @floyd are you the fun police? How dare you?

• That line about them wanting to be involved with days like we had up at Chesterfield

Not difficult mate, buy a ticket. I was there and there were plenty of empty seats

• I only go to Adam's park for the fun journey. Sadly I am broke.

• edited October 2018

@eric_plant said:
    That line about them wanting to be involved with days like we had up at Chesterfield

>
    And days like that happen every year of course. I really don’t like ‘fun’ as a reason to invest. After all, when the fun stops, stop.

• For an individual with money to throw at it - maybe. But a company is responsible to getting a return for the shareholders. Such a company “investing” in WWFC would be taking on a loss - thereby abrogating its responsibility to its shareholders. The only other means of getting a return on capital is by asset-stripping the company invested in. If anyone from the Trust would care to present an alternative position I’d be very interested to read it.....

• @A_Worboys said:
    For an individual with money to throw at it - maybe. But a company is responsible to getting a return for the shareholders. Such a company “investing” in WWFC would be taking on a loss - thereby abrogating its responsibility to its shareholders. The only other means of getting a return on capital is by asset-stripping the company invested in. If anyone from the Trust would care to present an alternative position I’d be very interested to read it.....

Interestingly put, I broadly agree, especially if football finance and our position are as described. If we were close to , or at break even you could maybe see where a company offering investment and expertise could turn us in to returning a modest profit, of which they'd take a percentage.

• Only 3 more comments to reach a 1000 on this thread. Can it be done...surely a new Gasroom record!

• @MBS said:
    Only 3 more comments to reach a 1000 on this thread. Can it be done...surely a new Gasroom record!

As the person who unwittingly started this epic, I have the joy of every new post showing up as a notification.

• Ping! Another notification for you @Shev!! ;-)

• Good afternoon @Shev

• @floyd said:
    Good afternoon @Shev

That's the 1000 up!

• Thanks @ValleyWanderer and @Floyd. I knew I could count on you both!

• It is now over three weeks since the meeting on September 12th, Mr Howard resigned on the 18th and Mr Burrell resigned on the 24th.

Mr Stroud didn't know Burrell was going to resign.

Stroud misrepresented one of the buyers when he suggested they would be happy with a minority stake when they want a majority stake. Why?

Is it because Stroud knew that it would be unpalatable to the members so he thought he'd spin it instead?

The feedback since the 12th has been consistently negative and Stroud is putting his fellow directors at risk as you can see from the most successful thread ever on this site.

Members are asking Trust board directors why on earth don't they do something?

Why did we vote for these people if they don't represent the electorate?

We need candidates to join the board and change things, we do not need any more nodding dogs.

Suddenly the trust find they might be able release accounts before the AGM in November - they have always been able to but they decided not to. Why?

Why should donors, members, shareholders, volunteers interests' be held subservient to Trevor Stroud's personal pension plan?

Stroud has omitted to tell us he has been bought and paid for by Beechdean as you can see from the minutes from the AGM in November 2017.

Why did Stroud omit to tell us?

If it wasn't an issue he would tell us - he must KNOW it is a conflict of interest.

Ask anybody, doesn't matter whether you ask a judge or a gardener you'll get the same answer, it is a conflict of interest.

You can't be bankrolled by a third party and not disclose it to shareholders.

Why do the Trust and Football Club directors continue to allow this to happen?

We should be told the following:

1) When did Shroud first receive money from Beechdean?

2) When did he tell the Football Club board? (It must be minuted.)

3) When did he tell the Trust board? (It must be minuted.)

4) Why didn't anybody tell us if this isn't an issue?

5) How much in total has Stroud trousered from Beechdean so far?

6) Who is in charge of governance?

It would be important to know the exact figure as Shroud will need to pay this money back in full to the Trust and resign from both boards while it is still his choice to do so.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

And no, I won't be emailing directly because it is a waste of time and people have a right to know what is happening. After all, as they keep telling us, it is our club after all.

• Full tin foil mental

• It's almost like our friend Mr Carrots has some massive colossal grudge going on.

• I'm not voting for this Shroud fella, he has a very negative image.

• Needs to be buried.

• Yes, it's all a bit cloak and dagger. Need to start again with a blank sheet, no more cover ups.

• I’d suggest we need to subject him and anyone else standing to a Turin test.

• Load of old sheet?

• I'm the only person who will be trousering anything around here

• Apologies to Mr. McTrouserson, I realise this is a sensitive subject for you.

• I’m not sure I understand why Stroud would need to pay back any money he has earned from his Beechdean contract to the trust , or to anyone?

It is a conflict of interest and there is no excuse for it not being declared. But I can’t see how it is ill-gotten gains or falsely obtained funds in anyway.

• I am sure you are right I take that back. Apologies.

• I have met Trevor Stroud and he came across as a totally legitimate fan and not Bernie Maddof .

• I’d hate to think what Nicecarrots would be like if he was being personal!

• edited October 2018

@glasshalffull said:
    I’d hate to think what Nicecarrots would be like if he was being personal!

Hell hath no fury like......................a deposed Director......scorned!

• Maybe so Alan but he the right to be heard just like the rest of us

• I think it'd be a bigger surprise if an ousted trust board member was very complimentary about everything!

• @Morris_Ital said:
    I have met Trevor Stroud and he came across as a totally legitimate fan and not Bernie Maddof .

I expect even Sharky would have come across as legitimate on first sighting!