Skip to content

Trust Meeting September 12th

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Really not happy about moderators using personal information not in the public domain to make posts and 'out' users. Might need to take a look at GDPR law. Has the 'outing' post been deleted by admin?

Also still disappointed @marlowchair won't come clean on his grudge and agenda. It is pretty obvious there is one and it casts a major shadow over a massive debate.

Right,as opposed to the lengthy post at 9.14pm where I outlined very clearly my grudge and agenda....

• @drcongo said:
    Now that Dale has been sacked, I think it's down to just me, Chris and Arnos Grove. A shadowy cabal if ever there was one, pitchforks at the ready!

He has rightly resigned!

• Released by Mutual consent!

• Can someone...anyone...please post a picture of a power station before it's too late.

• I knew I could count on you @glasshalfempty

• @floyd You could've at least hazard a guess!

• Now that the witch hunt seems over, does anyone have anything constructive to say on the main issue?

What can we do to plug the half million pound gap the next few years will bring? Winning Tuesday night would be a good start but can we rely on football fortune in the long term or do we have to seek outside investment?

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Now that the witch hunt seems over, does anyone have anything constructive to say on the main issue?

What can we do to plug the half million pound gap the next few years will bring? Winning Tuesday night would be a good start but can we rely on football fortune in the long term or do we have to seek outside investment?

I'm not sure it's realistic to expect to tie up long term financial security now, and I'm not at all certain that a small amount of "investment" would lead to anything other than increased outgoings. Ploughing along borrowing players, using goodwill to get donations and bridging loans should not be underestimated. Its very easy to spend vast sums and this not be reflected in league position. Having said that I believe there is a lot more to be earned through increased use of the stadium, more open requests for financing for those in between people who can't give 100k but still want to help, and greater harnessing of expertise of the fan base.

• @glasshalfempty I wondered if it was the one you drive past on the way to Notts County, but I’m pretty sure it’s not...

• @floyd not the dramatically impressive coal-powered ozone layer killing chimneys of Ratcliffe On Soar if that's the one you mean

• I've lost my touch.

• Come on @glasshalfempty. We (I) need to know.

• It’s a little to the East of Nottinghamshire. It’s fairly well known too.

• I would not know...we don;t go east from Nottingham...there be dragons...

• @glasshalfempty That’ll be Chernobyl, I think.

• Is that the venue this weeks emergency meeting was held?

• Utilita HQ?

• Spill the beans, Marlow old chap. Emergency meeting? Events this week show the chairman reads the Gasroom? What's going on?

• Emergency meeting? The plot twists in this new drama just keep coming don't they? Please God assure me there's not going to be a sex scene...

• There is. Lovely carrots and Marlow chair being the main protagonists.

• DevC will be doing a solo scene, on a creepy GWR carriage !!

• 'Dear Sir, what I read on the Gasroom last night beggars belief. I do not pay my season ticket to witness that sort of thing...'

• @aloysius said:
    Spill the beans, Marlow old chap. Emergency meeting? Events this week show the chairman reads the Gasroom? What's going on?

What’s going on indeed

• @Wendoverman I've never seen carrotts used in such a way before

• Morning.

Martin Copus has a twitter account, see Sep. 24th, August 4th and 28th, 21st June and 7th May and 23rd May.

He is an agent who buys on behalf of other people.

Given what is happening at the moment, no wonder everyone's twitchy.

Have a look at the AGM address in November 2017 on conflict of interest.

Can't see a lot of ahem, declaration.

It is time for the trust board directors to defecate or get off the potty.

• This page on the Sutton United website provides a little more insight on Martin Copus, his negotiation of minority ownership of Sutton United and that he lives near Wycombe.
    https://www.suttonunited.net/a-helping-hand/

• "If" this gent is interested in Wycombe because he is, or represents one of the bidding parties, the expertise and seemingly the values he represents in terms of lower league and local football are indeed the type of Trust Directors we should have involved.

On the face of it it is difficult to judge before we are presented with any sort of capital investment offer to weigh up, however the Sutton United release reads that he has a minor stake in the club for some minor investment, and the real upside he will bring is expertise in sponsorship and other revenue raising areas. If that is the proposition here at Wycombe then I can't see any reason to sell any shares whatsoever, however if he would stand for directorship at the upcoming AGM I would most definately be voting for him to bring in sponsorship and commercial revenues that I believe we lack experience and expertise in.