Skip to content

Alex Samuel Joins....

Comments

• don't be underwhelmed yet @robin he hasn't kicked a ball for us at the moment.

• Interesting. He was recommended to me in the summer by a lifelong Swansea fan as someone who we should be looking at.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nobody is going to go to bed unbelievably delighted about this signing given his goal scoring record.

However, he was clearly highly rated by fans at his previous clubs who stated they wish he had stayed. That and the fact that Gaz and Dobbo clearly rate him is surely enough to give the lad a chance.

Over the last few years we are use to Wycombe only signing players who basically have to play. That isn’t necessarily the norm at every club.

With several contracts and loan deals running out in January this time, it provides the much needed impetus for those players to try their absolute best and gives the club an insight into how they respond to pressure. Which is arguably the most important part of a footballers make up.

We don’t have much money, any Prem club will look at the Bayo situation and question whether their lad is actually going to get many starts. I’m not sure those clubs necessarily want loanies in relegation dog fights anyway, although I disagree with their thinking.

This season is going to be difficult, we aren’t going to win as many games as last year.

• Lets give the lad a chance he's only 22 so has age on his side im sure Ainsworth can develop him like he has Kashket, Freeman, Onien etc etc. If it doesn't work out he can leave in Jan its a low risk signing.

• Scott Kashket had scored 1 goal in 22 games for Orient before he arrived. Let's not judge Samuel on his previous seasons, but see how he does in a Wycombe shirt.

As someone else has said, GA gets it right far more than he gets it wrong with signings, particularly with young players. You'd think we'd have learned to trust Gaz's eye for a player by now.

• @robin, you're quite a sensible poster, so i'm guessing that was an ironic pastiche of some of the more goonish of our supporter?
    If so, bravo
    If not, then, erm...

• @Malone said:
    @EwanHoosaami, i checked on the length of the deal, expecting it to be less than it is. Until January is a decent time to stake his claim.

@Malone given the length of time it takes a player to become "Wycombeised", I still think he has very little time to stake a claim for a long term contract! Past history suggests he doesn't make the field of play for two months, whilst adjusting, so he's got November & December to impress by my reckoning.

• He might be able to benefit from Tyson and Paris being out currently, as when they're back it really gets more awkward.

• Welcome Alex. Listen to the manager and ignore the Drones.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Welcome Alex. Listen to the manager and ignore the Drones.

so basicly fans that dont agree with you then people are entitled to opinions sick of the usual mob on here thinking there the fan base voice ofthe club you arent i couldnt give a toss what you and your mates think of me here either .

• That’s a bizarre post @trevor. So the alternative is ‘piss off Alex. Ignore the boss and listen to a minority of our supporters who think you are a waste of space?’

• @bookertease said:
    That’s a bizarre post @trevor. So the alternative is ‘piss off Alex. Ignore the boss and listen to a minority of our supporters who think you are a waste of space?’

im not even on about the new signing ever time people have different views they get shot down .

• Welcome to the internet Trev.

• @Malone said:
    @robin, you're quite a sensible poster, so i'm guessing that was an ironic pastiche of some of the more goonish of our supporter?
    If so, bravo
    If not, then, erm...

I fear it’s an “erm” @Malone (said he, anticipating a swift riposte from a newly ironic robin).

• edited August 2018

@trevor said:

im not even on about the new signing ever time people have different views they get shot down .

I'd love it if you occasionally had a different view other than utter misery.

• @trevor , there's loads of disagreements and debates on here.
    But when you disappear for 6months when everything is going really well, but then immediately show up when it's difficult again, and have a constant mode of gloom, you can't expect to be taken too seriously.

• A fan forum is a forum for fans. You're allowed to say we are crap every eight months @trevor and others are allowed to disagree. As some did when you said the team was not good enough to get out of league two.

• I’ve spoken to a friend of mine who coached Alex in the academy at Swansea and he described him as an incredibly hard working forward who is good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. He also said he’s a good lad who was popular with his team mates and he thinks he’ll do well for us.

• Good to hear @glasshalffull.

• All in all sounds potentially like another disastrous signing by the manager.

• Now that’s enough @Wendoverman !

• Sorry @micra I was just testing trolling out. It does feel kind of liberating...but you lot in the rose-coloured glasses would not understand...

• @trevor said:

Sorry to be pedantic but why did you use a quote exclusively about our new signing to make your point if you weren’t “even on about the new digning?”

• @glasshalffull , good to hear.
    But out of interest, if you had a pal who said one of our signings was an absolute disgrace,a pure wretch of a waste of space, would you mention that?

• @Malone no need, most probably they would be described like that on the Facebook page after their first game.

• In fairness a few of them had written him off before it was even established we were signing him. Literally off him hanging about with the squad pre match!

• Well, warming up and shooting, I gather.

• 'I assume that young chap warming up is a triallist or being lined up as a loanee...'
    'Yes. He's shit...'