Skip to content

Bryn Morris signed on loan from Shrewsbury Town until January 2nd

2»

Comments

• Trevor’s search for negatives where non exist is truly depressing. Morris played 30 games last season for a team that finished 3rd in League One behind former Premier League clubs Wigan and Blackburn. That’ll do for me, sounds like another coup for Gaz and Dobbo.

• @trevor, some fans were slating Ainsworth last year and moaning we couldn't beat any of the top half teams.

Conclusion? Some fans are idiots.

• He was 4th choice midfielder in a side that nearly got promoted to the championship and he played 30 matches.

Not sure what the issue with that is.

• @Trevor I know what you mean o"nein, gape., akinfenwa why do we always get the crap their original club's considered surplus to requirements eh? It's a disgrace.

• Nick Freeman was 6th choice midfielder for us last season, behind Saunders, O'Nien, Bloomfield, Gape and Bean, but he's a very good footballer IMO and I'm very glad we have him.

Being lower down the pecking order doesn't necessarily mean the player is not as good as those who play more regularly: it can also be that their particular skill set is not quite right for the formation and style of play that the manager or coach favours, or doesn't fit with the skills and playing style of the other players in the team.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Trevor’s search for negatives where none exist is truly depressing.

Slightly strong words. And as it happens, I find Trevor's boundless negativity rather entertaining.

• Has @trevor explained where he was for the last few months of the season? You know, when we fantastically got promoted?

• Promotion was a blip which merely serves to distract us from how bad the manager and players are.

• @YorkExile said:

Slightly strong words. And as it happens, I find Trevor's boundless negativity rather entertaining.

I fully agree. In this absurd existence of ours where what a few people do with an air-filled spherical object for 90 minutes (plus injury time) once or twice a week for 3/4 of a year matters totally disproportionally to its actual import and our hearts and minds ebb and flow in the tides of our successes and failures, I do find it reassuring that we are anchored solidly by one person and their siren cries of ‘it’s all shit anyway.’

Welcome back @trevor we missed you last year.

PS nothing personal but I won’t mind too much if your appearances are equally infrequent this time round

• edited August 2018

You're right @bookertease . It will be a sadder world. Promotion, Climate Change, fewer goats and bridges, we are losing Trolls at an alarming rate. You can help. Text Troll to 6666666 and donate five pounds (or as much as you can afford) to the Wendoverman Troll Baiting Society (Every penny goes directly (via The Seychelles) to aid our work on the Gasroom. (Don't bother with that Gift Aid thing....the less the Taxman knows the better.) Alternatively, for free, you can feed them by just being positive about the team and the prospects for the new season.

• Brill, Wendy. A big thumb up.

• "thumbs"

• Wendover if you don't mind...and watch what you're doing with your big thumb.